Seriously these moves are incredulous.

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by QLDSILVER, Apr 12, 2013.

1. son of aurum

son of aurum Member

200oz - solid amount to have without going overboard. Suggest you don't purchase anything over a 10oz bar - you may have some difficulty shifting when the time comes. Plus too bulky, heavy, for transportation. not easy to conceal etc

A mix of 10oz bars , 1 oz coins and perhaps some junk silver(for barter - if things ever get that bad) is the go

these provide your best balance of ease of liquidation, bang for your buck and you can sell a few at a time to help dollar-cost average your profits when you are ready to cash in as you ride the next leg up and down again....that's what i think:)

2. MrWags

MrWags New Member

Thanks for the notes.
    Ive been struggling to decide what type of bars to buy; the big ones are less/oz but harder to sell in peak times, the coins have a premium that I struggle to justify! I will ultimately go for 10oz bars. The 100 oz bar that I picked up yesterday is a "short term" investment. I plan to sell it back to the dealer by the end of this year (then reinvest the profits). Just wanted to get in while the prices are low. the rest of the year will be spent stacking small bars and rounds/coins.

3. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1
    You will not have trouble shifting a 100oz bar. In fact, 100oz bars can be easier to shift than 1oz rounds.
    IMO forget the rounds and buy more bars.

4. MrWags

MrWags New Member

Im glad to hear it! Like I said, only just made my first purchase, yet to make a sale. I realise this might be getting off topic for this thread, but can you (wrcmad) tell me a little more on why you think moving 100oz bars will be easier than i think? I am worried that the price will be too high for the average buyer to afford, therefore smaller increments will be smarter long term.
    All opinions are appreciated! Thanks!

5. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The 'average' buyer probably spends a lot more than you think. For example, one of APMEX most popular sale items is the 1kg gold bar. Even on the SS sales threads I have never seen anyone have trouble shifting a 100oz Ag bar if it is reasonably priced. I have seen members struggle to sell 1oz generic rounds.

6. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Somehow it just dawned upon me that it's so much more cumbersome to check every single one of your ASEs/CMLs/ Generic rounds versus a couple of bars.

Just weigh, magnet test, ping test, ultrasonic thickness test. And you're done!

Try doing that for every single one of your ASEs in your monster box. :p

7. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Strong hands are required.

I'm buying as much as I can.