Labor to forge ahead with super cuts

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by rbaggio, Mar 27, 2013.

1. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. Kawa

Kawa New Member

The Labour Government may find that the new "super tweaks" if actually part of the budget for 13/14 may not get supply.They have no majority in the lower house and a hostile senate.

May budget...election Sept.4 Months to create a political cluster turtle for poor Julia.

Potential for another 1975.

3. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

Australian Financial Review from today. This shouldn't be paywalled:

http://www.afr.com/p/national/henry_expert_slams_labor_super_threats_JJknNv7fNzQpqPvBfhk6YJ

Of note is the table that suggests 49% of superannuation concessions are available to people on incomes from $46,000-$108,00 - a wide range of incomes that cover from below average to average to well off incomes. Basically the people I personally think of as people whose super matters to them and the incomes people start to take interest in the process.

The 'fabulously wealthy' account for just 5.35% of super concessions. Which undermines Gillards' whole attack on super and more evidence the discussed changes will hurt the common man. Are you listening, ALP??

4. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Abbot has refused to say that the super changes would be wound back by the libs.
    Crean has come out against them.

5. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Crean has said it should not be retrospective .He has never said he is against the changes as he does not know what they are.

Abbot has to say that as he can't promise something he can't deliver or know about unlike the PM.

6. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Oh did anyone notice that Craig Emerson is a complete idiot ? He is nearly good enough to become foreign minister.

The best media advert the coalition have.

7. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

AbbotT will have to return the 15% contributions tax on earners up to $37,500 because that policy change only will exist to compensate for super tax being higher than income tax at those levels after ALP changed PAYE rates as 'compensation' for being slugged by the carbon tax.

Simple isn't it. Might look clear as mud but the equal 15% contributions will have to be reinstated as the stupidity of the carbon tax is unwound.

If concessions on contributions in general are changed by the ALP, different issue, we'd have to press Abbott to change them back to restore the super system to sustainability.

8. Kawa

Kawa New Member

I predict that the Libs will have to raise GST to 12% to get us out of the poo.

Any thinking Australian surely would not vote for Julia.She is a total disgrace and liar of the highest order....even more than a lawyer.

I can't think of a more hated PM ever than her?

9. jparrie

jparrie Member

I'm struggling to as well. Gordon Brown in the UK would come pretty close, but for sheer pig headed stupidity this bitch gets the prize. However, it seems that she's surrounded herself with union affiliated bully boys who are intent on destroying any last remaining fragments of trust that the people may once have had in government.

10. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I commented on this article but it doesn't appear as if they published my comments. A fair lack of research and economic credibility is displayed by the journalist who wrote this.

More here: http://www.news.com.au/money/supera...-tax-reform-plan/story-e6frfmdi-1226611119348

11. JulieW

I don't see it like that at all. I see a strong person who has dealt with the sort of leadership squabbles that sent every liberal and labor PM before to an early backbench. She has presented a consistent face to the public and rarely stooped to the level of her detractors (although allowing herself to rise to the misogyny issue was a mistake). She's 'most hated' because the feeble minds in the electorate are easily manipulated and the powers that be have taken the easiest line toward discrediting a party - hit the leader.

Either way this is a policy free election process to date and will continue to be so. Abbot will stay silent smirking away at the PM role just waiting to fall off the tree into his yawning mouth. All the multinational plans made months ago will come to fruition and Howard will continue to phone Tony daily to tell him his next move.

A pox on both their houses. Neither approach my idea of what chief politician should be doing right now but Julia comes closer.

12. jparrie

jparrie Member

Not quite. Her snout gets bigger every time she opens her mouth.

[​IMG]

13. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

Source

14. Kawa

Kawa New Member

1)Julie can you name "every" Liberal and Labour Prime Minister that has gone to the backbench following leadeship squabbles?

2)I agree she has been consistant.Some of the more notable.

a)Lied about the Carbon Tax.
    b)Ousted a sitting PM with misleading information to the caucus about polling in 2010.
    c)Promoted the Indonesian solution as official labour policy for illegal aliens without discussing it with the PM of Indonesia.God one that Haha.
    d)Lied about her role as a consultant for the Health Workers Union.
    e)Broke 4 key promises to the independents that gave her government.The biggest was her back down on Pokies reform.
    f)Called the election without any discussion with her caucus.
    g) Has lost the support of everyone of her senior ministers with all of them resigning in protest or being sacked by her.
    h) Unilaterally pre select Nova Perris in the NT without any discussion at all with the NT state ALP.
    i) Appoint a Foreign Minister by appointing him as an senator who has never actually run a ALP senate ticket at an election.The same Foreign Minister supported the routing of the state coffers for nine years with his endorsement of little"Eddie".

Julia is a fraud and bully.She has no class or honour and is just a union thug in a skirt.Many women embraced her as a role model when she came to power hower all thinking Australians ( male and female) now see her for the maniac she is.

She has been toxic and devisive and has allowed her perverted ambition to seriously cloud her judgement .

15. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The mis-conception seems to be that just because Julia Gillard is female that she automatically cares about women's interests. Nothing could be further than the truth. The only woman she cares about is herself.

She bags out Tony Abbott for his macho image in his Speedos' and marathon cap. He runs those two races to raise money for women's breast cancer research and for a women's shelter. I don't see Julia running marathons for anyone. Nor is she a volunteer fire fighter. Nor a surf life saver. She doesn't have a history of teaching in remote aboriginal communities. She carries on about caring for families, and bags out Tony Abbott who has a wife and two daughters who love him. What does she know about family life? She gives nothing, she has never participated in anything apart from the unions and communist party and the Labor Party.

As a lawyer she set up a slush fund for her boyfriend to rob a union but despite being the lawyer who set up the entire structure and performed due diligence she says that she had no idea what the fund was used for. She was then "asked to leave" her job in the law firm as a result. She is disloyal, patently dishonest and commits severe errors of judgement regularly. She is mercenary and reckless and has sold out her party to militant unions.

Julia Gillard is neither strong nor gutsy. She is a gutless thug. It is easy to bully people when you have a ring of power brokers and bully boys to put you in power and to intimidate those around you. Her "misogyny" tirade was gutless and calculated. She is not a victim, she is the Prime Minister. History will not remember this Prime Minister favourably.

16. JulieW

Kawa - my error in not revising carefully, sorry.
    Should have said

As for the rest - if you hate the current Prime Minister then you tend to have a big list of everything he (or in the current circumstance) she has lied about or betrayed the voters with. That's their job. To carry the can for all the decisions their Party makes. Occasionally they tell the truth all by themselves (see Howard and 'core and non-core' promises for instance, or Hawke 'we will never mine uranium'.) and the Party then reverses their truth and makes the previous statement/promise into a lie.

So Gillard is a liar and a hypocrite. Big deal. They've all been the same, and Abbot will be exactly the same again.

17. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A strong person doesn't desperately bend over and cop it for the support of anyone who conditionally offers it, all at the detriment of those she is supposed to represent.
    A strong person doesn't have to continually lie.
    A strong person should be firm enough to be able to resist the temptations of corruption.

18. blanca

blanca New Member

I agree Julie. I think it is amazing how she has continually faced off against the destablising influences in her party, and come out ahead. Its pretty gutsy.. She's a very determined lady..

I certainly dont agree with their super policy though..

19. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mmmmmmm.... it's very reassuring when the only positive one can find with your nations leader is that she is able to successfully fend off internal backstabbing from her own party members. :lol: [sarcastic smiley]

20. Kawa

Kawa New Member

I agree that Abbot has prior form and your prediction will likely be true.
    Despite Tony Abbot being a Rhodes Scholar ( which I respect very much).I dont think he is a patch on Malcolm Turnbull's interlect and debating skills.
    Both these guys are self made however I truely respect Turbull's background and his drive.

I honestly believe that either of them will be much better tha Julia and that the Libs will be more stable.

I suspect that Chris Bowen or Christopher Pyne will emerge as real leadership contenders for the ALP.Chris Bowen is my pick as a future leader however Pyne has a fierce brain and can make anyone look like a fool even though he sounds like Alexander Downer.

Bowen is smart/cool headed and has a common approach that both sides I think can relate to.He has shown he is loyal and a person of substance.