Thinking of writing a Book.....

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Cinvalo, Aug 8, 2012.

1. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Nice work.

Definitely interested in seeing the finished product in the flesh - please keep me in the loop!

RD

2. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

Bravo, good for you mate.

3. longtime silver believer

longtime silver believer New Member

Do you have a title for the book yet?

4. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I will def buy the book...if it's first ed print...signed of course :D

On serious tought...keep us on the loop, would love to read this.

5. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

Good idea! Pricing the book in terms of silver suits the title. U rock Bullion Baron!!
    The book title is called the Corruption of Real Money at the moment.

6. Rad Dood

Rad Dood Member

Whatever happened to the correct wording for the wooden slide in and out furniture thing that we use to store stuff in?
    Twice in this topic stream these have been referred to as "draws" by two different users.
    As we should all be aware,to "draw" is to sketch something.
    A "drawer" is something that we rummage through,or keep things of use.
    Don't mean to be picky, fantastic work on the book but editors are,and do wield a very aggressive red pen..

7. Rad Dood

Rad Dood Member

P.S don't bombard my above post... If you complete and publish a book on PMs in China I would most probably buy it..First hand info on who is hoarding what and where would sell like hotcakes.
    A recent book called " When a billion Chinese jump" delves into severe environmental degradation across the country makes for disturbing reading.(They are running out of potable water fast)
    PMs in China would also shed some light on the increasing gap between rich and poor.(The Chinese leadership are quietly concerned about this also).
    Good luck with the book..Title yet??

8. Rad Dood

Rad Dood Member

Have you ever thought of providing drinking water for a billion people every day???

9. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

Thanks for the comment. Please give more comments. Both negative and positive.;)
    The Title of the Book is called Corruption of Real Money at the moment. (Might subject to change)

This book is not only about PM, yet PM involves significant content.
    On the Gold and Silver part i am writing now, a few of my primary goals on this chapter is to

1) Convince people why to buy PM

2) How to buy and sell PM(especially physical silver), what to buy and loopholes involved. Please note that physical PMs are not as easy to buy and liquid compare to places like Australia or US. Sometimes when i convince my friends to buy,
    they all agree they should get into the market.But when it comes to action. They held back because they do not know how to buy and sell.
    When i first start off in PM, i read Mike Maloney book on Guide to Investing in Gold and Silver, it is an excellent book and i have no doubt about it. So when i really begin to action. I faced all sorts of concerns and doubt. Many issues likeBank
    wires, how to sell, how liquid is the investment, the tax involves etc held me back. Those reasons drove me back otherwise i would have enter the market earlier. So i kept going back and forth on whether i should buy or not. Beginner will
    face the same issue. The bad thing is that i dont know about this forum.

In places like Hong Kong, the market for silver is tiny close to non-existent. Even if you find Shops selling PM, they were located at a dark corner of nightmare street. I cant even convince myself to buy a places like this. Obviously they are
    selling them at a ripe off price.
    In Kitco in Hong Kong, they do buy back. But the problem is that you have to buy from them for them to buy back from you. In Hang Seng Back, they only accept Canadian Silver maples or chinese silver panda or chinese minted silver bar. So
    if you are holding a box of 500 oz of American Silver Eagle brought from Bullionbourse and sell it back.They do not accept this.
    Thats why in my book, for this chapter i am researching how to solve these concerns. The goal is that a beginner with no prior knowledge on PM can follow this step by step with confident about this investment without getting ripe off.
    But again i am still doing research on that part.

3) Understand the dynamic of the PM market.

etc etc

I will definitely translate it into Chinese language or other languages.

10. Silverlicious

Silverlicious Member

Hi Cinvalo. You mentioned you had an interesting idea for the book. Can you elaborate further as to what the idea entails? I note that earlier you mentioned you were looking to tie a number of subjects together such as history of money, investing in PM's, etc. Is this what you refer to? The reason I ask is that there is obviously a substantial amount of reading material out there and you've obviously read a lot of it going by your book stack, so my question is, what will be your point of difference from other material already available? Or in other words, what is your key selling point and why would I want to buy it?

11. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

Thanks for asking Silverlicious.
    The reason why i write a book like this is.... i really dont know why :p Out of Passion. I have to be honest with you i am not a very good writer. There are alot of grammatical mistakes. I am correcting it everyday on my way to work with a red pen. Even so i love,love, love writing because i love,love,love reading when i was little. My first book i wrote is when I was 13. I wrote a 100 page novel. But becuase of exams and stuff, i put down this career till i am now at 27.

The Corruption of Real Money is subdivided into 5 major parts (at the moment):

Part 1: Talks about the Root of the Corruption. (I know there are alot of other reading materials out there about the history of money, gold and silver. This part of the book aims alert people and equip them with essential knowledge about what is going on. So i consolidate this into 5 major components and linked them together. So in this part the banking sector, the mystery of money, the government, monetary history, and how to build a sixth sense to the financial crisis. I am surprised to find how much i do not know while i am writing this book. One of the interesting questions is How much money are there in the world?
    Many context are not just plain facts, i prove them using demand and supply curve such that people may understand.

Part 2: Talks about ways to Escape from this Financial Matrix. (Part 1 talks about the corruption of real money. Part 2 is where i am writing at the moment is about how to escape this matrix. It is more about investing in this part. One of the analysis i did is that I priced the Hang Seng Index in Hong Kong against 10 different commodities from different sectors like energy, agricultural and minerals. I wish the public media advocate on equity can give a good explanation on what is happening. The current part i am writing one is to guide people from the east (e.g. Hk and China, Japan) step by step in buying PM.We cannot imagine the difficulty because we can buy it easily. Their difficulties are the same as how Australian can buy RMB?

Part 3: Prophecy of the 21st Century

Part 4: What should you do?

Part 5: What should our government do?

My current challenges are to make the information as accurate as possible, make it interesting. One of my goal is to compact everything into one single book. So people can pick it up and...that's it.
    They don't need to buy another book unless they want to dig into further details than the one i am writing.They can use the money to buy PM or other asset instead.
    At the moment i don't want to focus on how to make money otherwise it will loss the whole purpose of this book and i wont be doing a good job. You guys and girls' comments and feedback > my satisfaction of earning form this book. :)

12. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

Hey Cinvalo, you might consider paying for some copy editing to be done on your book once it is written if you arent confident in your spelling and grammar. I would class my self as confident, but even I find that a proper copy edit will improve flow and readability as well as pick up stupid little mistakes.

Sites like this one are very useful- http://fiverr.com/. Its a Freelancer site where people work in $5 lots on a variety of tasks. So you can for example negotiate a number of pages which the person will copy edit per $5. You dont pay up till you are happy with what has been done, its great :)

13. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

Thanks. I will definitely take your words of wisdom.:)

14. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear about your enthusiasm.

Please add to your inspiration list: Peter Schiff, Marc Faber, Jim Rogers. They too are investments experts, most probably you know them, but read their books, they're good sources of information.

If you ever get that book out, do PM me, please! :) I might help marketing it for you...

15. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

Hi bros and sis, after 8 months (since last August) of locking myself in my room, my book finally become a reality. I rewrite it three times and finally decided to changed into a story format. Thanks for all the encouragement from you guys.:)
    Although I am not ready to distribute it yet as i am still in the stage of editing grammar and layout, making the website and setting up marketing system to sale.
    I would like to share with you the first copy of my book. I am impressed with the quality when i first received it today. Self published.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would like to borrow some of you guys previous suggestions and make it happen:

Price it in XAG, (OMG, first book to price in Silver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But how?)

Making a blog or website. (Will happen. At the moment i am working on a social networking golf website for my boss, but after that, it will happen. Trust me)

Advertisement at the back of my book.
    There are 3-4 reserve pages at the back of the book. I am thinking of using it as adv page for bullion dealers . Some dealers i want to include are:

Bullion Bourse
    Aurora Et Luna
    Bullion Money
    Maggie's Corner
    Gold Stackers
    SilverStackers.com ( to help people know about this trading platform)

Yes. You are right. Free marketing. I will also design the adv. :D
    Love deisgn.
    So give me a buzz or PM me know if you want to be included in it.

I will take 3 weeks off this project from now and have a holiday. :p

16. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It looks awesome. Well done!

17. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

Oh well done Sir!! Bravo. When you are ready, post a listing in here for us to be able to buy (in XAG lol) a (signed!) copy !! Enjoy your break - you deserve it!!

18. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Good job cinvalo. Im not a book reader but anything that can enlighten others is a good thing . Good to see someone that follows through on what they say .

Hopefully it will make you enough money to buy a bag of gold ...good luck

19. Scott McG

Scott McG New Member

Let us know once it is on Amazon and I will buy a copy right away. I think Amazon makes it very easy for self-published authors to sell their books online.

Congrats on getting it written!

20. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

Yes. You are right. I was doing some research on self publishing on Amazon.com.
    CreateSpace.com is the website which allows people to self publish on Amazon.
    Unlike US authors, Australian authors will need to submit a set of documents like passport photos (need to get it certified) , a W7 form and a letter from On-Demand Publishing LLC in order to apply for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). International Authors needs a ITIN otherwise IRS will withhold 30% of the royalties.

I have not got the ITIN yet. So i am still in the process of researching and setting up everything.

I never imagine writing a book can make me learn so many things.
    Better than sitting in classes :p