Photos of your stack???

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Romek, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

:lol:
    Post #40 Ironwood
    Must be the X Files.
    The truth are out there. :lol:
    For years I did not believe until it really happened. Believing or not thats actual facts.
    Sori about gps passport sometimes I cant elaborate myself. The actual term Rfid.
    Enough to shock everyones privacy.
    I m at turtle speed mind me okay. I guess and thanks to all for doing more researches.

2. silvstack

silvstack Member

never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy indeed! however, i think the "tinfoil hat" response is dismissive of legitimate concerns. of course rfid and gps are distinct technologies, though intertwined in their leaving a data trail. neither rfid or gps are particularly necessary because nobody moves in private or in isolation. recently i saw this about collection of vehicle information http://live.wsj.com/video/your-car-...51.html#!F522C0DB-D81E-42B9-BAC1-5BDF4FC16651 - that, along with facial recognition pretty much shows most every inch we've traversed, besides the actual computer, cell phone, and actual gps and rfid trails.

databases contain this information. i met someone in the data mining business - it is indeed a vast array of unsorted information, however, it can be subjected to all sorts of analytics, mined by private and government entities. it is naive to trust that it won't be. our privacy is not underwritten by the fact that it can't be done, but, rather, by our confidence that whoever maintains the various databases does not decide to shut us down.

if i become a "person of interest" then it is naive to think that some purchase or shipping or an uploaded photograph or parking in a diner parking in a diner parking lot or recent visits to a place place a couple of hundred miles from my home or recent parking in the vicinity of an unrelated vehicle will not be made available and correlated by some analytic software.

3. menotcrimex

menotcrimex Member Silver Stacker

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Just because 'officially' passport chips and bank card chips don't have GPS capabilities it doesn't nesseserally make it so.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

...on another note I cover my webcam on my laptop because government agencies can blatantly look through them.

6. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

But the fact remains there is no power source available to bounce back a signal

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Another fact remains that military technology is about 20-30 years ahead of the technology the public knows about. Given advanced technology exists it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if nanotechnology is in these chips the likes we have never dreamed about.

8. Cimexus

Cimexus Member

I commonly see confusion online (not only from conspiracy theorists) about how GPS works.

GPS is a one-way medium. The satellites transmit signals encoding a very accurate time signal along with ephemeris (orbit) data about that particular satellite, as well as general almanac data about the rough position of all the other satellites over the next week or two (which is why if you turn a GPS receiver off for a long time, it takes a while to figure out where it is next time you turn it on - the almanac data is out of date).

GPS units on the ground are GPS ~receivers~ only. They have no capability to transmit a signal ... they just passively sit there and listen for the signals from the sats. By listening to multiple sats and observing the slight differences in the very accurate time broadcast that each transmits, they can thus triangulate your position on the surface of the earth. The calculation is performed entirely by the GPS receiver and does not involve the satellite or any other part of the GPS network at all. The GPS sats themselves have no idea who is using their signal, or where they are located.

'Returning' or sending back data the other way is simply not part of the protocol, it's a completely passive-one way thing. If GPS units had to return some kind of signal back to the GPS network, they would need a LARGE antenna (like a sat phone) and suck up astronomical amounts of power.

Therefore, the only way for a GPS-equipped device to ~send~ positional data elsewhere is for it to also have some other wireless communications capability (i.e. WiFi, GSM/cellular, etc.) I think we can be pretty certain that a credit card or a passport doesn't have such a thing - the antenna alone would be a reasonable size (and this is a matter of the laws of physics, not a matter of how advanced the technology is) and this doesn't even consider the fact that you'd need a large battery to power it (think of a cell phone battery - and that only lasts a few days in a smartphone, or maybe a week on a basic voice-only phone).

Not addressing this post to anyone in particular, and many of you will already know this. But you'd be surprised at the percentage of the population that doesn't understand how GPS works. Most average people you talk to seem to think that it's a two-way thing that somehow communicates with satellites (i.e. that it SENDS data). Nope. GPS only receives - it can't transmit anything and even if it could, the signal wouldn't reach GPS satellites orbiting 100s of km up, and even if it could, the satellites aren't listening!)

(Passports and credit cards can and do have RFID though - but again, RFID chips have no power source and thus can't transmit data without being close to an RFID reader (the RFID reader itself 'powers' the RFID chip via induction, only a tiny amount of power is needed, but as a consequence the range of RFID is small - measured in metres).

9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Just putting it out there .... What if they have high powered readers that can read from long distances ?

The technology they have & are not telling us about would be staggering

The funny thing here is the ad choices beside where you type a reply is for a GPS manufacturer :lol:

10. Marsi

Marsi Member Silver Stacker

My partner can find her phone by whisling- it will play her a tune when it recognises the frequency. It will also respond if i whistle or if the telly make a similar noise, brilliant. This means that it is constantly listening, waiting fro the frequency to be hit. The key word here is listening, listening in standby mode like a fly on the coffee table. Could this app be transmitting or be programed to transmit everything it hears into a database? I dont doubt it- just like the phone will transmit your photos your coordinates, emails whatever you want into a database just like icloud.

11. Marsi

Marsi Member Silver Stacker

Just like we can bounce a laser off the mirror that is on the surface of the moon, i cant see how somrthing has not been developed that can bounce a signal off an rfd chip, from some distance, triangulate the bounce and know where its coming from. Like a submarine active sonar, pinging away and waiting for the bounce, but do it using radio waves that can penetrate into homes and through buildings.

12. DanielM

On a brighter note I don't really care, it is what it is but atleast I don't have a silly tag hanging from my ear or a brand on my butt

13. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Whats wrong with ear rings & tatoos ? :p:

14. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

it would me, I own you,

my people, i tattoo them and make them wear my rings :lol: they are my companies property aka employees aka slave :eek:

then the so call unelected government issued that license. IC we called it.

15. Revolutionary

Revolutionary Member

Its common knowledge Australian passports where one if not the the first to feature an RFID tag.

16. Revolutionary

Revolutionary Member

Try RFID, passport and Australia

17. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Its looks like the table going to turn around.

&

:p

:lol: ^^^^^

^
    [][][][]
    _________

18. DanielM

I think it's a good idea, I mean if I go on a trip to the amazon and get lost in the jungle then my passport can save me

19. sw1tchar00

sw1tchar00 New Member