GBG - Gindalbie metals Ltd

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by MyNamesNotBen, Feb 28, 2013.

1. MyNamesNotBen

MyNamesNotBen New Member

I dont know anything about how to work out the value of a company or anything like that but I have had this stock on my watchlist for a while and I really like it. Anyone on here know anything about this wonderful company? :mad:

2. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is a sh*t company that has earned its shareholders a net 8c over a decade. That's an average of 0.8c per year. That puts it on an historical P/E of 31 for a stock that is anti-growth. Some analysts think it might earn you maybe 4c in FY14, maybe 3c in FY15. It has of course never paid a cent of dividend - what cash that was generated was needed for management emoluments.

The chart shows that it cost about 25c a share in 2003 and 25c is the price of a share now. All that price you see above 25c in the intervening years represents lost dreams of investors, profits of lucky traders and losses of failed traders. Of course management has made mega salaries all the way - the true purpose of a company like this.

Skaffold values it at 10c in FY14 and 11c in FY15

Chart shows high volume coming in during the last few months at a level where support might be anticipated, but the only money you would make out of it would come from other shareholders, and more likely the pros and insiders would make it from you. You won't make any money from the company creating profits.

[​IMG]

3. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Ben - I largely ignore Finicky and skaffold do my own thinking

But if you are going to put money in a company you really need to learn how to know what value is.
    If you dont have some way (finicky uses Skaffold for example) to gauge whether a stock is cheap or expensive - your first point of call - before you buy a stock is to pay someone to help you learn, or do it for you.

Coz it sounds like all you got are 'feeling' and feelings dont chart well.

4. Prior

Prior Member Silver Stacker

Worked on there Karara project for 13 months....

To say the management is green is an understatement :/