False Hopes 2013

Discussion in 'Silver' started by longtime silver believer, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Redfawn

Redfawn New Member

If anything, this is a good time to buy.

IMHO hold unless you really need the cash.

Makes a lot of sense, with China stacking and with ambitions of being the world financial superpower.

China and others using gold in International trading.

The Fed Reserve printing like there's no tomorrow, the US in Trillion $ debt.

Germany and other nations taking stock of gold reserves.

On and on....

The fuse has been lit but how long it is, being anybody's guess.

PMs or fiat, when it blows I know what I would rather have...

2. longtime silver believer

longtime silver believer New Member

What a silly thing to say,all I said was I was disappointed that PMs havn't been doing what they should.That is increasing in value as fiat is being printed.The trouble is a soon as you have an opinion that scares someone they jump on you.I'm not trying to scare anyone.I want more people to buy silver and gold.I though we could talk openly on here?

3. longtime silver believer

Another one talking BS.Yes I bought high in the 1980's (never, ever said I paid $49,I did pay high back then though]and yes I did not average down.[Why throw good money after bad.]My stack just got stored until about 3 years ago when I started adding again.I am not a troll,I do not lie,I'm not try to sell out,I'm not trying to scare anyone away.Read my original post properly.I SAID I was disappointed in the silver price that was all.Put your glasses on.

4. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Hi there L.S.B.,
    You will be disillusioned if you continually read analysis from perma bulls. I personally read a lot of what Martin Armstrong writes and I have found his analysis to be both accurate and unbiased. He has previously written on the money creation being more than counterbalanced by the massive wealth destruction which goes in some part to explain why gold hasn't gone to the moon as of yet. He is still neutral on gold ( and silver ) and believes that there is still a fair chance that $1150 per ounce can not be ruled out just yet. How would you feel then if this was to eventuate?
    Just hang tough for a few more years and you will eventually see the gains you have envisaged. Keep in mind that if Martin is right then $1150 gold entry price into silver would make up for any current disillusionment. Keep saving your money and get ready to pounce.

5. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Of course we can talk openly on here, just be prepared for other people to talk openly in reponse :D

6. Recon

Recon New Member

Well I for one, am getting sick of all the talk of "Fiat is doomed, fiat is on the verge of collapse, buy PMs now now NOW while its still low, you don't have much TIME LEFT ZOMG!!!1111

And the months, and years keep ticking on, and the same message is said over and over. Oh really...
    Is it ever going to really happen? Really? Especially to the AUD, considering that we're a resource country. Is this type of talk all just pure hype? How can some people perpetually predict that an economic collapse is imminent? They present their data, the arguments make sense, and they scream the sky is about to fall, and then time passes and they keep saying it for years and years.

Take this blog for example. I've read that blog a whole lot between late 2009 and 2011. What he says made sense to me. But honestly, has any of it really been coming true? It makes you wonder.

Silver in AUD has not deviated a whole lot from $30 for any length of time in the last 24 months. Sure it spikes around wildly, but two years without even a hint of a trend is really tiresome.

[​IMG]

7. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Pull out that graph about 5 years and say that again....

The "now now now" doesnt mean - take all your money and spend it all now

"Now now now" means start changing your worldview NOW! Dont wait until you FEEL like you need safety because the titanic is sinking NOW.

8. longtime silver believer

Thank-you recon after 2years of printing money silver is virtually the same price.So WTF. Only proper answers please, not the attacking no it alls.

9. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

You need to reassess your investment and stop relying on others to convince you it's a good one.

10. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

^^^ +1

In the end, your actions are your own to make, your money is yours to lose, and like every human on the planet we all justify emotional actions with backward logic at times. My investment record in my twenties frankly sucked - it was too easy to get sucked into a bettor mentality in a rising market. There are people shouting from the housetops that fiat is doomed and the world will crash and burn, and I sincerely hope not. However, the easiest way to get squashed like a bug in investment is assuming that tomorrow is going to be exactly like today.

If you *need* the money you have in PMs, for an operation, to help a relative, whatever, then sell down and pull the fiat out. If you are bemoaning a paper loss, get over it, or cut your losses. Most of the stackers here will have purchased Gold and Silver at prices higher than today's. I'm 10% down overall, and a lot of that happened in a hurry. Be aware that capitulation is pretty much what drives a market upwards. I think we have seen the gold bottom, (things may change), but it will be a while before I'm back in the black. So be it.

Your choice - buy more and doller average, ride it out, or bail.

11. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Or hedge.

12. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

The greatest move in silver will come when you're most afraid to hold it...

13. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

And a crash is due when you hear someone on SS say "just close your eyes and buy!".

That was the final signal for me.

C

14. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

When stock markets go up, PMs come down and when stock markets fall, PMs go up.
    As the world stock markets have seen dramatic recovery lately, it is no surprise that silver and gold has fallen.
    Something soon no doubt will trigger the markets into selling and stocks will fall.
    That will see a rise in PMs to compensate.
    There is so much un-invested cash in the world that it is like water slopping backwards and forwards on the bottom of a rocking boat.
    Now is the time to pile into silver and gold as we sit on the bottom.
    All it takes is a few words from a prominent politician and everything goes into reverse.
    Just two or three words - that's all !

15. Henry Wartooth

Henry Wartooth New Member

Yeah, stocks are bumping all time highs. What goes up...

16. Guest

Guest Guest

All of us who have a plan to stay long and stick to it who are behind now will be handsomely rewarded in the future I believe.

Otherwise cut your losses. If you have deviated from a plan to hold long term realise you are being shaken off the bull and have weak hands. Don't be bitter about it, life is too short.

17. hennypenny

hennypenny New Member

If only it were that simple. That theory occasionally looks plausible (eg late 2011) but this graph does not suggest consistent opposing movement of PMs and stocks.

[​IMG]
    Source:

I still think stocks must eventually fall and more likely than not PMs will also for a time. I've taken my profits and all my money off the table. I'm only buying back in if and when silver is $700/kg and/or gold is $1200/oz. The experiment is being run, we all get to see how it pans out. Good luck.

18. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

You are now relying on others to sell at lower prices.
    I already bought (just 'more', its not like that I first sold at $35 / any price).
    Savings of 6 months swapped to silver, by far most in recent 2 weeks.
    I've taken my profits and all my money off the table too. Because at this silver price, I judge the fiat table as a higher risk than the silver table.
    Just like those others learnt from paying too much (we saw just $35,5 accompanied by the usual $40 $50 $100 calls), they might have learnt to NOT sell for too less. It was the first time since may 2011 that the price dropped without the Comex position dropping too. Alot did the same you did, and they didn't wait for higher this time. Isnt it then not plausible that the 'other side' also won't wait for your $700 per kilo this time?
    Nevertheless, good luck. I won't be able to 'profit' from those eventual lower prices. Instead, I helped to avoid reaching them. Sorry...

19. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

What goes up, must come down. Especially when the bubble that's currently going up is attached to a hose with Ben Bernanke jumping up and down on a foot pump.

20. JoelAG

JoelAG New Member

Hey hennypenny, I am going to steal your chart.

What I find really interesting is that in the last 4 years, every time the DOW has spiked down, silver has gone up, sometimes significantly. Every 5-10 years, we see major DOW dips, regardless of what's going on. To me this says stack the silver and let some go if there a downward DOW spike, maybe buy some cheap stocks with it, and then wait for the silver price to level off and resume.

[​IMG]

Maybe it's just me tho :)