StellaConcepts $50,000 Trading Challenge - Discussion

Discussion in 'Silver' started by goldpelican, Feb 19, 2013.

1. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

I certainly have.

The 'revision' is that the manipulation is NOWHERE near extreme as either I once thought, or as you watch on channels such as SGTBull07. Infact, the manipulation goes BOTH ways (up and down).

The fed, at times, wants a weak dollar and will implement policies that 'manipulate' it down, making gold rise... and at times it wants a strong dollar and will do the reverse. The federal government takes an interest in the gold market at times and at times drastically... but its no-where near the level of manipulation that I started my channel with or that you still find on the tubes.

Cheers

JC

2. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

What about Wall Street giants like JP Morgan (and other Fed Reserve shareholders)? Do they manipulate the silver price?

3. stellaconcepts

Manipulate is too strong a word in my opinion. At least, in the silver community it carries a lot of baggage. The likes of JPM are in the silver market and certainly profit from it by pushing the price around. Don't think for a second that if JPM can make money easier by going long silver than shorting, that they wouldnt (and they DO) do that. JPM is motivated purely by profit... they don't care what side of the boat they are on as long as its the profitable one.

BTW - APMEX uses JPM to hedge. I am convinced this is the reason why JPM carries so many short silver contracts (on behalf of APMEX) who is not manipulating the price, rather hedging their business.

4. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Awwww :(

And here I was thinking Stella just put up $50k of his own cash!

5. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

P.S. You need more gold!

6. digoxin

digoxin Member Silver Stacker

Stellaconcepts,

Nice to hear your thoughts on PMs.

What are your thoughts about why the current gold and silver market is weak and will become weaker before another upside?

What indicators are you looking for to see that it has bottomed?

7. silvstack

silvstack Member

i'm not knowledgeable or conversant in any technicals but there's some underlying assumption that strikes me in the eye.

do you think silver price is reflective of a free market? i think most people here are fairly convinced that precious metal values are manipulated. one site http://www.silverdoctors.com/your-regularly-scheduled-comex-open-silver-smash/ even boldly attributes the "raid" to "The cartel would like nothing more than to keep gold under $1600 and silver under $30 through Monday."

if silver price is manipulated by naked short sales and is remarkably under-valued, what does a long term trendline have to do with it? what does testing various limits have to do with anything? it seems that any sort of supply/demand analysis to something that is manipulated would only describe manipulation and not any sort of market forces. such considerations would describe where any such conspirators were able to keep prices down before, the difference being that there might be a more limited amount of "bluffing" due to stackers removing physical silver from the market. i guess i am confused about what it is that your technicals are measuring in the first place.

8. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I absolutely agree with you 100% on that statement!

But wait a minute though... JPM is a major shareholder of the Federal Reserve right?
    So as long as the Fed system stays in place - the private shareholders of the Fed (eg JPM) will continue to make billions of dollars in interest for all the dollars created out of thin air right?
    (Money is loaned into existance by the Fed - who then go on to charge interest on every dollar created)
    This has got to be the greatest scam in history - and while it continues, the shareholders of the Fed will continue to make money through no effort of their own.

So wouldn't you agree then that it is in JPM's best interests to do whatever they can to perpetuate the current money system as operated by the Fed?

And would you not agree that artificially suppressing the price of gold and silver is a good thing when you are trying to keep the current Fed system going for as long as possible? (think what would happen to the Fed and the current currency system in America if gold were free to find its true value - i.e. account for every dollar created out of thin air?)

My conclusion therefore is that is IS VERY MUCH IN JPM's PROFIT interests (as well as every other Fed shareholder) to keep doing whatever they possibly can to suppress the prices of gold and silver ... simply so that they can keep making money out of their primary money making method - getting paid interest for money they create out of thin air!

Comments?

9. silversmith

silversmith New Member

A beer's fine, no need to splurge.

The back and forth going on in this thread brings to mind a couple of favorite quotes:

"Debate in matters of opinion is pure folly" and "Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one"

Lots of interesting points. Take away what you want and ignore the rest. I personally have a set goal and timeframe. I try to apply those objectives to my transactions. Sometimes emotion or greed takes over. But as long as I am continuing towards my goal the majority of the time, I feel good. Discipline is tough, but worth it in the end. Also, it's a good thing to re-evaluate your goal every six months or so, as life can change pretty quickly.

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I see nobody's prepared to discuss or even comment on the elephant in the room....

Stella? :lol:

11. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

Good to see you back Stella, I always welcomed your insight via the youtube vids.

The challenge that has been set up should prove interestng. Good luck.

12. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

stella - nice to see you back. look forward to your posts......as always ....an interesting ride!!!!

13. stellaconcepts

Its a big question... when I get a spare 20 mins I'll respond..

14. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

I rekon the fed meeting minutes and the fact that the markets were due for a correction have done this. Inflation is on the way - that means hell for US and soverign bond holders.

The bond peak first then the stocks then the commodities. It hurts and sometimes is very embarrasing being early to a party.

15. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

SC's effect....I see a lot of people do 'spring clean' their holding in the forum :)

16. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

Get rid of all that "useless" silver :lol:

17. Lunardragon

Yess...get rid of those numi shiet and back to ounces. :)

18. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

I have lots of bad numi purchases. LunarD do you fancy a guilded nz dragon, chasing $110 hahahaha

19. Lunardragon

^
    Haha....I rememberd this .. The yellow box packaging cost dearer than the red one :D
    anyway... Bought two of them from maggie as gift so totally write-off ... Well at least you still have the coin :lol:

Sorry ....a bit sidetrack here. Back to SC topic.

20. silvstack

silvstack Member

it seems that universally almost people say that silver is trading below fundamental values - so how can everyone agree and say manipulation is not such a key factor?

i don't understand the extent or implications of jpm's shorts being a hedge on apmex, or what apmex's volume represents. but in any case, aren't the short sales vastly beyond any inventory, and isn't paper silver not being represented by physical silver the primary rationale behind stacking physical rather than investing in a heavy-duty paperclip instead?

on the other hand, with such drastic fluctuations back and forth, i imagine jp morgan had an opportunity to buy back those positions - which would bring the market to a more normal dynamic of supply and demand.