I need help identifying a coin.

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Muckdiver, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Muckdiver

Muckdiver New Member

Good Evening from South Florida, USA.

My neighbor who is in her late 50's just opened a small safe she had that was passed down to her by her father. I have yet to see the contents as her husband is taking a nap prior to his night shift at work but he did send me this picture which has me excited to see what is part of her collection.

He sent me this picture of what appears to be a silver round baring the exact design as the American Indian head penny from the late 1800's-early 1900's. Has anyone seen this before. I'm just curious to see what she has. I'll post more pictures tomorrow if there is anything interesting to take a look at. Thanks in advance to everyone who may chime in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Muckdiver

Muckdiver New Member

That's what I thought, it was pretty neat though. Thanks for the input. I'm very new to silver stacking and don't know the history of US bullion minting so I wasn't sure if she had anything special or not. I figured it didn't have any of the usual identifiers that US coins have so I assumed it was a generic as you said. I was hoping I was wrong. Oh well.

I'm so curious to see what else she has. I'll find out tomorrow.

3. silver addict

silver addict Active Member Silver Stacker

hi muckdiver , just did a bit of googling and found out what you neighbour has

its called a indian head cent silver round

theres a couple selling on ebay now

what i can gather its a bullion value round only.