What ratio and why?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by honey stacker, Jan 22, 2013.

1. honey stacker

honey stacker New Member Silver Stacker

In a hypothetical situation what Gold/Silver ratio should be stacked and why? I am not asking what your stack is, just the ideal. Love to hear everybodies opinions.

Cheers.

2. karltr

karltr Member

4 au
    2 ag
    1 plat

3. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

Good question this, and one that I was actually thinking about yesterday!

Personally, I am *aiming* for 1:1 by phony fiat measurement (i.e. by value). I figure this way.

Gold is the ultimate wealth preserver, but, in percentage terms, I think *potentially* has less way to travel in it than silver.

Silver is the big unknown - by many rights, it should already be higher in value, and the potential upside is big.

An "each way" bet at this point, especially if you bought some silver early (and, say, paid well under $25/oz), seems fairly safe. You have the stability of gold in the mix, you expose yourself to some serious upside with the silver side.

Long story short, at current prices, I'm aiming for 50oz silver to 1oz gold, roughly speaking.

4. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

The GSR was down below 40 about 2years ago.. I missed the boat last time but next time, I will be waiting. It was only there at that rate for a very short period of time so you have to be quick and decisive.

Then there is the problem, it keeps going and the GSR drops to 30 and your patience for so many years is wasted because you went too soon.

Oh the problems of being a silver stacker!

Regards Errol

5. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Im at about 100 - 1 ag to au but Im working on changing that and like errol Im waiting for gsr between 40-42 to make a swap for the yellow metal.

6. honey stacker

honey stacker New Member Silver Stacker

So there could be a lot of sale threads on SS if it gets to that 40 zone. Shame I don't live near a dealer.