Banker Gold Price Predictions 2013 - What's your prediction?

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Silver2012, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Silver2012

Silver2012 New Member

Find out what certain big banks are predicting for gold in 2013. The banks that weighed in include UBS, Morgan Stanley, Citigroup, Barclays, Bank of America Merrill Lynch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAN7M46Xoj0[/youtube]

UBS is retaining its forecast for gold to rise to an average price of $1,900 an ounce in 2013, the bank said Wednesday.

According to Morgan Stanley, the platinum group of precious metals will continue to benefit from a positive outlook in 2013, though there are certain concerns toward base metals such as copper.

Gold's average price in 2012 fell at $1,679/oz, and Citi expects the yellow metal to add to that tally for the coming year.

Barclays PLC (BCS) Friday trimmed its outlook on gold prices for 2013, but said it still expects the metal to start the year on a firm footing.

Gold's 12-year rally still has legs, and the precious metal should reach $3,000 to $5,000 an ounce within the next two to three years, says MacNeil Curry, chief rates and currency technical strategist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.

2013 Gold & Silver Price Forecast Playlist by Eric Sprott, Jim Rogers, Mike Maloney, George Soros, Peter Schiff, Robert Kiyosaki, David Morgan, Gerald Celente, Marc Faber & Warren Buffet
    http://dailysilverupdate.com/price-predictions/

2. Silver2012

Silver2012 New Member

My prediction is that gold will not get over $2,000 in 2013 and will continue to rest for one more year. Nearing the end of 2013, gold will start to break out and in 2014 we will see new highs. In my humble opinion.

3. Auspm

Auspm New Member

My prediction is that more PM pundit's reputations will get tarnished on making predictions based on historical trends, without appreciating that the markets are controlled and manipulated on whim of the financial elite.

Long term predictions have more merit, but the short term markets are just white noise and a crap shoot.

I wouldn't even waste my time.

4. mdh

mdh New Member

Can't see it going anywhere but sideways in USD terms (barring a black swan event) in and around the present 1650-1750 range.
    Biggest factor for us is gonna be what happens with AUDUSD

5. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Remember most make future predictions on how they feel right now.

At the moment Gold and Silver look quite weak so most have low expectations for 2013.

Let's just see what happens.

6. GiLa

GiLa New Member

Hang on if the big banks are forecasting this.
    Banks = Profit and based on that theory
    Either they bought a shit load and want the market to rally
    or they want the rally the market and short the shit out of it?

7. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

My prediction is: gold will go below 1,500 $ per ounce in 2013. It might go much lower.

This is a correction and if the euro crisis intensifies, the price of gold might go much lower than 1,500 $ - as the dollar gains strength.

We'll see...

I think we'll see lower prices in 2013 than in 2012.
    But I think there will be a bullish reaction to this downtrend in January.

8. Silver2012

Silver2012 New Member

Great analysis, very logical and sound. I couldn't agree more. I'm hoping to stack on this drop so I hope we continue further down this week. I'm forecasting a bounce in Asian trading tonight which will make my trigger finger antsy but I'm going to hold strong on my buy target around $27. PS nice website, really cool design and good info too!

9. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Gold will try to break it's all time high..it may or may not be successful but it'll make a run for it. Will average over $1800 for most of the year. Silver will do the same, averaging between $40-$50 most of the year.

A very optimistic outlook :) but that's just how I feel

10. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

The point is if you buy $15000.00 worth of gold in 2013 it will never be worth any less. If it is , it wont be for long. But you cant say the same for the original $15000.

11. Silver2012

Silver2012 New Member

Wow you are so right, holding cash always depreciates regardless.

12. Ernster

Ernster New Member

I wouldn't be so sure. Look at past charts....gold/silver where losses for many decades during certain periods for those who didnt sell their metals quick enough.

Someone who bought in 2001 sure your statement could be correct, but this much into the bull market, I wouldn't be so sure.