Is Tax a neccesary evil ?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by renovator, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

+ 1000

2. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

yep, you're right, I don't know what you do outside this site, and I don't really care, but " trying to get my ideas heard and get attention drawn to issues i think warrent attention."
    really? is that it? so you're talking? good for you. is it achieving anything? I hope so.

I'm not " too yellow bellied to even utter the words of what you are clearly implying by "action" simply because I don't think there is a plausible course of action that would be enacted by enough of the population to make a real difference.

And lastly, What am I doing about it? well I'll tell ya. I'm preppin' :lol:
    Contrary to being a "gubmint" lover, I find it best to find ways to avoid the nasty side of being "governed"

3. DanDee

sorry, I'll have to pass, I've got a Centrelink appointment. :lol:

4. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And along with some of the other guys on here, you're damn inspirational too IMHO. I gotta start getting resources aside and encourage the missus to give up some of life's luxuries and do the same. Even stacking 30kg of rice like Auspm is a start.

5. Byron

Byron Guest

This is why Australia is heading down the gurgler. Internationalists want to turn patriotic Australians into second class citizens whilst defending the actions of anti-Australian minority groups. And so much for freedom of speech.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2012/12/13/15/01/alan-jones-ordered-to-apologise-tribunal

Basically Alan Jones (well known Sydney radio host) called certain Lebanese Muslim youth "mongrels" and "vermin" because of their generally criminal, intimidatory behaviour and contempt of the law and all things Australian.

Now he has been forced to apologise by some anti-discrimination tribunal. Who is forcing these young thugs to apologise to the victims of their crimes and intimidation? No one!

They are free to roam around, and basically terrorise Sydney. This is the reward of our wonderful post 70s immigration system.

As for the tribunal, this is the sort of money wasting rot that started with Whitlam and is only going to get worse.

6. DanDee

Aw shucks, now ya makin me blush :)

7. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fully agree with you about this anti-freedom of speech cr@p. Alan Jones is a shining light even if I do think he's an self-obsessed, populist, opinionated moron most of the time. (Probably more appropriate in the "What if we couldn't write.." thread though.)

Remember this guy from last year? http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...sergio-redegalli/story-e6frf7jx-1225990694187 He's a brave man. No idea what has happened in the past 12 months though :/

[​IMG]

8. Ghost

Ghost Member Silver Stacker

No, we would kick them into a very deep pit... Just like the good old days! [​IMG]

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Those scum should all be deported back to Lebanon or whereever else in the Middle East their parents hail from...

10. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

this thread is so close to getting locked.

11. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Rubbish, it's individuals in those countries not giving a crap about their own country or anyone else other than their family/tribe/religion. If individuals took more responsibility for their own actions in regards to the environment (trash to start with) then the "wider environment" would fall in line as the attitude and pride in the country improved.

12. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

You realise strong nationalism and individual responsibility are, if not complete opposites, close enough. The whole idea in Australia is about not being responsible for anything and the govt looks after us. That's what being Australian is all about.

I thought you were small government. You don't seem to grasp the connection between big government and nationalism.

13. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

"rubbish" - unintentional pun??? :lol:

14. Byron

Byron Guest

Why?

Next time these thugs, abuse, almost physically attack your elderly mother and damage her car, are you going to give them flowers?

15. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

lol - that's often the case when too many inconvenient truths are spoken :lol:

16. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

No. I can't post what I give in return to those actions.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

You can't deport people who were born here. That's ridiculous. If it was done it should be for everyone's backgraounds including the anglo saxon countries. Again, a ridiculous notion.

18. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

Well it depends. Some children I shared a school with a few decades ago didn't identify as Australian. They identified with their ancestry - Syrian. And they said in those schoolyard discussions that if a war between Australia and Syria happened, they would go off to fight for Syria.

That is a simplistic childish sounding example but fast forward to my adult life I've come across the same attitude with adults from certain ethnicities from a certain area of the world. They are born here and identify with a place their grandfather left. Copts, Lebanese Christians and Assyrians, on the other hand, the ones I know identify as Australian as they know their homeland demographic changes negatively with every generation and they can never go back, they are now Australian.

And yes I know I'm talking in absolutes and there will be people of all groups with the exact views as I've displayed here.

Anyway how did we get onto this topic from taxes???

19. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member