Buying between silver stacker members

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by dccpa, Dec 10, 2012.

1. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Someone asked me where the rules are about transactions between members. I did a search and didn't see anything. Have anyone summarized the rules anywhere?

2. Prior

Prior Member Silver Stacker

Didn't think there was any.

I keep it simple, no grey areas and have good communication.

Nothing worst than getting the run around when your trying to conduct transactions.

3. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There was a thread on trading etiqutte created a while ago but it seems to have disappeared. It may be in the process of being turned into a sticky.

Basically it boils down to common courtesy and treating others as you would like to be treated (The Bible goes into more detail about this). Communication is key so response times should be kept minimal and give as much details as possible regarding the transaction.

Was there anything in particular your friend wanted to know?

4. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

The only rule I remember is that the person with the least trades has to send coin or pay first. Since I don't trade often, I didn't pay close attention to trading etiquette. For legal reasons, it is possible the owner of SS did not want there to be any rules. But I don't see any problems with a trading etiquette thread. GP will be the judge regarding whether a sticky on trading etiquette is allowable.

The SS member is aware of this thread, so this would be a good place for him/her to post any questions and concerns about trading.

5. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No such rule exists.

If someone is selling here with no feedback they are sometimes requested to send goods prior to payment to prove the goods exist. This might be done by someone with a solid reputation on here so the new member has no chance of not getting paid once goods arrive. Sort of an ice-breaker type thing.

The trading ettiquote (spanners spelling) thread had some useful info, but also a lot of "...and dont do what so-and-so just did to me..." type of stuff and general whingeing. Got a bit personal which is probably why it was consigned to GPs dustbin.

Best advice is to ask specific questions of other members if unsure about what is generally acceptable either in a thread or by Personal Messages. Best to sort out all details BEFORE posting/paying. Also there is generally a thread every week or two started by someone or other who is unhappy with a transaction and has a rant about it. Read them as it will help for your own personal dealings in the future.

We dont have exact rules, more like acceptable trading standards. :)

6. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They weren't rules but
    Guidelines
    I went looking for the thread earlier & it looks like it's gone

7. Sa_bogan

Sa_bogan Active Member Silver Stacker

I have traded with members that had no feedback in good faith and haven't had any problems. I had expectations such as express post needed to be used and that was all. Sometimes you just have I take a chance ( more so on small transactions)

8. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

There is a basic rules sticky but in the re-org or server move it seems to have ended up only in the Trading Floor section
    perhaps GP can make the sticky appear in the Public Trading section as well.

9. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Best advice ever :D