Silver today

Discussion in 'Silver' started by pokerfien, Nov 6, 2012.

1. pokerfien

pokerfien New Member

Hi all, Wondering what you guys think about buying phisical silver at todays prices?
    What do you expect spot price to be in early 2013??
    We have all read what is expected but i would love to know what your personal opinions are based on the information you have read, share your opinions.
    My personal opinion which does not count for much as i am very new to silver is as follows.
    I suspect that silver will reach high $30's early 2013 possibly early $40's if a few other things go our way.

2. pokerfien

pokerfien New Member

3. pokerfien

pokerfien New Member

david mach? i dont know what you mean.

4. pokerfien

pokerfien New Member

Get involved guys, share your thughts and opinions based on your own thoughts, info and experience. Lets hear it!!
    Would you recomend a newbie buying silver at todays price or wait for a dip before doing so?

5. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

we are already in a dip.. aren't we? i mean sure, it could always dip further... but them is the risks we take..

6. shinymetal

I my self am pretty new to the whole buying silver thing.. first brought in late June and have watched it go up more or less.. until it went down a tad recently. i was still buying at 34...
    from what i hear/read.. it probably wont go much lower than what it is around now (but heck, what do i know).. i am going to continue my usual small buys going in the mean time.

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Perth Mint Blog says by 2015, global demand will increase 36% from 487 million ounces "2010" to 666 Million ounces. (Perth are in the business of promoting precious metal.)

http://www.perthmintbullion.com/Blog/au/Blog.aspx

The Silver Bomb
    http://thesilverbomb.com/

Peter Schiff thinks buying silver bullion is a good idea at the current price. (Peter is in the business of selling gold and silver)

Why Silver Is A Buy Now
    http://www.europacmetals.com/gold-video-blog.aspx#\"

What do I think?

I agree with Peter Schiff; if gold reaches it's high of 2011 I think silver will also get back to it's high of 2011. There's more of a percentage gain if you buy silver.

Silver bullion bars, 10oz and kilo sell quite well.

8. pokerfien

pokerfien New Member

Well yes we are at a dip from the high of this year but if you look as far back as 2004 (and we can go further) until september 2010 we barely made it past the $19 mark. Majority of the time was well and truly under.
    the last 2 years have been really good particularly 2011. Although i expect a quite a decent rise very soon, the last few days have scared me a little and made me think we could be in for a further dip before the anticipated rise.
    I bought quite a few kg's myself very very recently infact because i do beleive we are going to go up and if it dips further i will be buying some more as i feel strongly about a rise in the price of silver coming up very soon. Its just that recent activity and further research made me stop and observe for a little in the possible event of the price lowering which would mean my doller can buy more. I should point out that i am brand spanking new to the silver game and much of what im saying could be making little to no sense, it is simply my opinion based on some information and my own judgement. would be very interested to hear more opinions.

9. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi there, I'm a new silver stacker only been stacking for 5 months so my opinion may not be as valid as some of the silver stackers out there who have been in the game longer. Firstly, I'm only stacking for a long term investmest ( Hopefully another 15 years ) so I wouldn't mind if prices dropped. Anyway, here's my two bobs worth. I expect that silver will be static in prices for 2 possibly 3 years, with more chance of a drop to the medium to high $20's instead of the high $30's. My reasoning for this is the US and European ecomomies. As for most Aussie's who work, most can afford a ounce or more week to purchase. Unlike our friends from overseas things are pretty tight financially. In the US many could draw out on their 401k plans ( Superfunds ) and pay essential debts after the financial crisis of 2008 onwards. Many would not have given it a thought to invest in precious metals anyway. As for Europe, well my relatives in Holland find the cost of living intolerable and and they live in the group of wealthier Euro counties. So based on supply and demand, prices always go up. Not likely to be massive supply and demand for silver while under these circumstances. On the other hand, the Chinese and Indians are investing more in precious metals, but not impacting upward prices severely. So just keep the silver purchases going, think long term and pay as close to the spot price as you can. Don't get emotional about different coins ( unless your a collector ). You'll notice that many the of silverstackers in these forums are really collectors not investors. If your mind set is to invest then it's game on........Regards

10. shinymetal

well, yea, if you are buying a few kg at a time. you have more to think about... :p
    i'm pretty much only buying 10 ounces or less. at a time... depending on funds.
    yea it could go lower? yea it could go higher? or maybe it will go side ways for eternity... :\
    the way i buy.. i spend what ever i know i can spare on pay day.. cos if i don't i know i am going to end up blowing it on stupid stuff.. i have never regretted buying silver yet. it all goes to slowly building my stack.
    but if your planing on making a big buy, you have more to think about.

11. PerthSilverGuru

PerthSilverGuru New Member

I picture a reasonably steady range between 25- 45 us an ounce, some say thats not steady but considering where i think silver will be in 10 years this price range will seem small and insignificant, for some time up to 4 years. Governments will continue to manipulate currencies and the smart ones will build their bullion reserves realizing the problems that the world faces in the future. The next gold/silver rush will be fought in the deep seas not the vast deserts, they will provide higher concentrations of minerals but will fail to keep up with the worlds demands. I think between 2015-2018 will see the major financial crash which will make 2008 seem like childs play. Until then i stack away buy the dips and also try to become a little more self sufficient. Hurricane Sandy showed that even people in wealthy 'safe' areas should keep supplies in food, fuel and basic essentials just in case.

12. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Nobody can predict the future as you well know and following all the experts for long enough will teach you that they are no different. If you are only buying in small quantities then it is of little consequence if the price plummets by 40% and likewise if it doubles in price. If you are ready to invest a significant amount...say over $50,000....then you need to be comfortable in your method of timing. This is the million dollar question. Whose advice do you follow. I have advice which I follow from a particular source and I am now waiting until about January/February/March....it is difficult as there has been a good drop and I might miss the boat....but the contrary bet at the moment is a continuing fall and that is where the money/savings is to be made....picking the contrary bet and then waiting until the contrary bet becomes the accepted opinion. Easy said...not so easy done. Good luck.

13. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Some are talking about a possible gold crash in 2013. Mid 2013. Now, I'm not sure about that, just a possibility. But you have to take that into account.

So if that happens, it will drag silver down with it. And it could potentially go below 25 $, even lower. If the gold crash happens... now, I guess that would be a great opportunity to buy, stockpile, especially for those who wouldn't call themselves rich!

14. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

that sir is one of the funniest posts I have read in a long time lol gold crash in 2013

bhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahabhabhabahbhahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahav

lol seriously funny

15. Henry Wartooth

Henry Wartooth New Member

If the gold market crashed, wouldn't it just increase the value of physical gold further?

16. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Umm anything is possible? Gold and silver crashed during the GFC, so what makes you think it can't happen again? :rolleyes:

17. Henry Wartooth

Henry Wartooth New Member

...sorry, just don't understand how physical gold could possibly crash :/

18. Ernster

Ernster New Member

I just told you it happened in 2008, so how can you say you don't understand that it can happen again?

19. rastatodd

rastatodd New Member

When I started to stack about two maybe three years ago, especially around the time silver brushed up against $50. I bought a few ounces in a panic that the way silver was rocketing up, fifty would be cheap. Just as fast as silver hit fifty it drop to the low thirty's. This taught me to not get so excited above the raise and falls of the metals market. If for instances silver drops to early 1990's prices agian, I know to stock up. If prices raise to lofty highs like last year. Sell a little and stock the FRN under the mattress and buy on the dip. Step and repeat. I'm in this long term. Step and repeat.

20. stackdisilva

stackdisilva New Member

I believe say the price will dip a little bit in dec-jan, then recover to around the low-mid 30's in the first few months of the new year