Sales soar 900pc as China makes grab for Aussie gold

Discussion in 'Gold' started by MetalMajix, Oct 19, 2012.

1. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Cubbie Station is but a single example of numerous properties in Australia now owned by foreign interests. It is however a useful example to be made into a huge emotional "balloon" (the hot air in a balloon is ironic) using the Chinese as the flog offs. "like Cubbie Station" sounds like an oft repeated sound bite devoid of any real thinking or understanding of a much larger dynamic going on. And the Chinese aren't the only villians. Just convenient scapegoats in propaganda directed at the ignorant and shallow minded of our domestic population. :|

2. honey stacker

honey stacker New Member Silver Stacker

^^^I've got to admit that when I heard the origional owners were tendering for it with an approved loan with a higher bid than the Chinese company and were knocked back I was upset. But not because they were ^^^ Chinese. Does that make me ignorant or shallow minded? Maybe the MSM (Radio National) have been lying to me again, doh when will I learn!

lucky luke can I ask what the propaganda in this instance is there for? Is it something to do with Australians in general not being capable of running businesses or something else?

3. lucky luke

Maybe. Maybe not. I don't know you enough yet

Very likely. They've been useful in broadcasting other lines of "establishment" news which has turned out to be B/S. If you use MSM (Radio National) as your base point of reference with reality, then perhaps it is "doh"

Sure. It would "appear" that the Chinese are out to buy all valuable Australian land at the expense of Australians. It would "appear" that in doing this, Australians may not be left with enough land to feed themselves while the dreaded Chinese will ship all the food grown on "our" land back to China. It would "appear" that the Chinese are dead set on taking over Australia with their wealth. It would "appear" that it's good we have our "friends" the Americans close at hand and paying more attention to South East Asia and our "security". It would "appear" that it is a wonderful thing for the Americans to station some of their Marines on our soil for our security and benefit. It would "appear" that the west is in trouble if the rich Chinese keep exerting their influence around the world. Yes, it would "appear" that those Chinese are a really dangerous lot and can't be trusted.

Stupid statement/assertion. You can answer that one yourself. It's got nothing to do with my insinuation that the Chinese are being made convenient scapegoats in the global financial "game of thrones".

4. honey stacker

My base point with reality is my own research on the net, I would say that most of what I read is "tainted with bias" I do like the old guy on Radio National that interviews people at night (the late show?). I have to sift through everything I hear and make my own mind up. Sometimes I guess I get it wrong.

"It would "appear" that it's good we have our "friends" the Americans close at hand",
    Thank you.

My appologies for my stupid statement/assertion.

Although we took it all away with nasty tricks and at gunpoint from the Indigenous folk. I still feel that Australians should be able to buy businesses (particularly if they give the highest bid, if that was the truth) over foreign investors. It just seems to make sence to me.

5. lucky luke

Just for clarification, this was a facetious response.

6. honey stacker

I was aware of that. I'm not stupid :)

*edit to add* lucky luke, if I didn't have respect for you I would not have asked your opinion. I'm sorry if my origioanl post came across as facetious.

7. Bluefoxx

Bluefoxx New Member

The links we have with America are multi-faceted and deep. In contrast, our links with China are primarily commercial. And theres no need to kid ourselves as to who we should really trust when the chips are down.... A fellow democracy, sharing a common language, similiar culture and observing the rule of law ? Or a totalitarian Chinese communist state who's disregard for the lives of even it's own citizens is deplorable. Remember Tiananmen Square, anyone ?

8. lucky luke

:lol:

9. Bluefoxx

Bluefoxx New Member

:rolleyes:

Cynicism= the last gasp of a dying civilization.

10. lucky luke

Which civilization?

11. Bluefoxx

Bluefoxx New Member

The one you're living in....Western civilization.

:rolleyes:

12. lucky luke

That always has me a bit stumped. The Yanks term Western civilization to mean them and anyone who agree's with them. Then we have the Israeli's who live in the middle of the Middle east and some-how get lumped in with "Western" (and even European!) while their neighbours are either Eastern, Third World or filthy rich arabs but not western (or some other stereotype). Then there are the Turks. Are they Western? Are the Russians designated "Western"? Mongolia? Siberia? Lithuania? Poland?

Ok, lets look at Serbia......... are they Western? If so, then does this extend to the "new place" called Kosovo (populated by predominantly ethnic Albanians) where horses and carts still feature as farm implements.

When some-one provides me a good clear example of just who fits into the "Western civilization" category, then I can begin to debate/discuss.

In terms of the cynicism of the dying western civilization............ where is it coming from? The people? The powers-to-be? The business elite or the politicians?

So many questions!!!! ;)

13. Goldmember

Goldmember Member