Government Sponsored Untruths

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by hiho, Nov 2, 2012.

1. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

2. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's because the "Climate Change Commission" is nothing more than a government sponsored propaganda unit with a purely economic agenda.

3. Auspm

Auspm New Member

+1

The whole 'tax on breathing' ideal is just one in a series of world wide scams propagated by the MSM and Government to inflict on the population & further strip them of their wealth IMHO.

4. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh well, might as well jump on the band wagon................
    Cyclone Yasi's huge size was no doubt also due to climate change.

That tsunami thing in Japan was probably also due to climate change somehow (it only takes some-one with letters after their name to make a silly idea, a fact).

Wasn't the tsunami thing that hit Indonesia also a product of Climate change?

I also heard that cyclone Tracey was the forewarning on all this climate change.

And all our nasty bushfires are also supposedly due to climate change making things hotter and dryer than the old days (got nothing to do with the greenies preventing regular burn offs).

I also heard though that Pompeii had something to do with climate change but for the moment, because it's date of occurrence was over 1000 years ago, the intellectuals haven't as yet figured out how to include that into their argument.

5. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Stupid thing is the number of people who didn't even notice when it changed from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change". That in-itself should have rang a few bells. But no.

6. Syd888

Syd888 New Member

Exactly! It amuses me every time. Once the "warming" argument became totally debunked and just ridiculous, the whole GW industry switched to "change". So convenient! Now everything can be used to back the theory. Hot summer - climate change! Cold winter - climate change! Not enough rain - climate change! Heavy rains - climate change! Etc etc...

7. Macros_The_Black

Macros_The_Black Member Silver Stacker

Agree 100%, well said.

Also manufactures yet another handy financial betting toy for the cronies to manipulate.

8. Fykus

Fykus Member Silver Stacker

wouldnt surprise me if before long they somehow managed to link earthquakes to climate change.

9. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

10. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What about the rest of the article?

Hang on a sec...

See-level rise? Where did that come from? What would cause the sea level to rise? Where would the extra water come from?

Increased humidity in the world's atmosphere? So the world's climate is becoming more tropical?

Tropical ocean temperature anomalies? They're the things he just said feed the extra energy into tropical storms which makes them worse.

A better headline might be "Very Specific Climate Link To Sandy Not As Significant As Other Factors" but it isn't as catchy.

11. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

When the farms are parched,the dams are empty and the rivers no longer run, the people of the cities are running out of water, then and only then do the people demand action..Then the power of the people moves the governments to build more dams and even a few desalinization plants for major cities?

Then the rains come and the white elephants sit there waiting for the next drought either falling into a state of disrepair and costing a fortune to maintain.

Yes we have had droughts before, many times here in Australia but at no time did the cities have to support so many people whose every day life life depends on being able to use so much water. The citizens of the early 1900's did not need as much water as they do today.

The people only want to hear good news to protect their current easy way of life. Water is the lifeblood of any nation and so it is in Australia. In times of plenty we should all still be frugal in our use of water and always remember that the days of plentiful water can soon change to days of scarcity.

Every time there is a drought and water is scarce the blame game starts! All the old excuses are trotted out by farmers, city folk and politicians.

When it comes to the debate about the future of the world's weather, I believe seeing is believing. So what do I do? I google into Greenland and hear and see from the people who live there. To me Greenland is the canary of the world's weather. If the ice over Greenland all melts, the all coastal cities will be in trouble.

I used to wonder if it was indeed true whether it was true if all the ice melted over Greenland, would it indeed make the worlds oceans rise by 6 or so metres? I did the maths and was surprised to find that this was indeed true.

If the arctic no longer has ice around the North Pole, it will not make any difference to the levels of the oceans but the ice over Greenland which has huge amounts of permanent ice, well that is a another story.

The gulf stream is a very strong factor for North America, Greenland and Europe. Any changes to the gulf stream may well mean another ice age again for many countries in Europe.

Ah! But we are all clever monkeys and wise apes so I guess we will learn some day to use our resources wisely. In the meantime let our egos do the talking..

I am not always right but I am never wrong. :(

Maybe, just maybe, when the governments known truths are given to us , we will then be able to make an informed decision not like it is at present.

In the last few days it has been reported very scarcely her in CQ, that a company has been fined many $$$$$ for pouring cyanide into Gladstone Port waters..All the fish that have recently died here, has been blamed on the recent floods and the run of from farmers. Do we get mass news coverage? Why? Because it is not in the best interests of government who want more Industry for Gladstone, more jobs, more $ and more pollution. We got good coverage of the fish dying but will we getcoverage of what really caused it, Cyanide?

Government Sponsored Untruths is a two way street!

Most of the SS community stack silver because of WTSHTF scenario.. We seem to think we are ahead of the game when in comes to protecting our wealth but did we find out from MSM. I think not.

The Australian Government sold a lot of our gold and got US fiat, now here we are doing the opposite. Why? Because we don't believe the government is telling us the truth about PM's, the economy, government debt etc etc.

Yes the Weather is very important to me. Whether I buy MORE SILVER or NOT.

End of Rant..Try and be nice fellas. :(

Regards Errol 43

12. Agauholic

Agauholic New Member

[​IMG]

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Source:

13. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

That graph perfectly supports my Climate Zig Zag theory.

14. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How does the theory go?

15. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ice age ,warm bit in the middle ,ice age ,warm bit in the middle ,ice age ,warm bit in the middle ,ect,ect

16. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

rubbish, it's my hairdryer, how could the Sun affect us it 7 minutes away at the speed of light

17. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Interesting to see the graph only starting in 1972..Before 1950's, we didn't even know if there was a cyclone coming or not, not even the Weather Bureau. :) Everyone these days believes the info from science on when cyclones form, which predicted direction they will move but they don't take any notice of other science regarding weather patterns. :)

Regards Errol 43

18. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

8min +20seconds for a Scifi fan boy.What really stumped me is wether the actual piece of 'Space' between the Earth and the sun is influenced temperature wise by the sun?

19. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Negative comment deleted because it has been written while in a foul mood.
    Anyway, back to fixing the gutters. I want it to rain but El Nino, global warming and climate change means now have to use mains water.

20. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermodynamics

Very long answer: Obtain a degree in Physics.