David Koch ( Sunrise Channel 7) advises to buy gold

Discussion in 'Gold' started by TeaPot&ChopSticks, Oct 22, 2012.

1. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Haven't watched him in 7 years. My impressions was David Koch is a mainstream economist who provides flip-flop financial advice depending on which way the wind happens to be blowing on that day. And always with a disclaimer to "Consult a financial adviser". Yet the plebs love him.

2. bullionfrog

bullionfrog New Member Silver Stacker

:lol:

3. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sheep are supposed to get fleeced... that what they raised for! Someone's gunna take their money sooner or later...may as well be you!?

4. elykneros

elykneros Member

Lucky sheep get fleeced. The rest get butchered!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Without getting into an arguement over the issue, no.

I have no goal to rule - or be ruled - by anyone.

That's half the damn problem with the world. Everyone is looking to screw someone else to make a buck and then laugh at you if you don't join in.

Then they stand around and tsk tsk tsk at the state of the world today.

I've said it before and will say it again, the current state of the world is a direct representation of it's virtues and morality.

6. Clawhammer

I watched sheep knock others down and trample their fallen, just to get to the front of the slaughter yard que. f**k 'em !!!

7. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

Whether we like it or not that is the reality of life, sheep will get fleeced and hogs will get slaughtered.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Sounds like the unofficial motto of the Australian property market.

Did the sheep at the front of the queue then turn to the other sheep and laugh at them for being fiscal pygmies I wonder?

9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

baaaaa baaaaaa :lol:

10. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's because they're terrified and humiliated. Guess that makes them Untermenschen right? Zigheil.

11. GoldenEgg

GoldenEgg Member

12. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

I 100% agree ;) he works in media (as I did some years ago) and has to be everything to everybody to bring the bacon home :rolleyes:

I can't stand the sight of him in the morning (or anytime for that matter) and I believe he is now in the early steps of leaving 7 to throw all his efforts behind an Adelaide footy team :lol: That screams to me that moves are afoot and he is planning his parachute from seven. Anyhow, I feel we have a much higher finishing line to the price of gold :D I hope there is another major dip though before it rockets off :rolleyes:

I remember once he had a old work mate of mine on one of his small business show, carpet bagging on the 7 rules of marketing. I personally knew this BS'er long before he was introduced as a business guru consultant on his show and couldn't believe my eyes when I view them both spinning BS. Therefore, if this is how Kochie does his due dilligence about the people he has on this show, it speaks heaps about his knowledge on gold.

13. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I call Godwin.

Are you sure about the spelling of 'Zigheil'? I am under the distinct impression that the proper German is 'Sieg Heil' ('Hail Victory').

14. Clawhammer

We're all terrified and Humilitated... but it takes a jerk to elbow their way to the front because they think they're more deserving.

and you invoked Goodwin's Law!

15. Bluefoxx

Bluefoxx New Member

A bubble just because Kochie mouths a few words on gold ? Hardly.
    Don't worry about what the small fry are doing...focus on the big picture like the fact the Chinese Govt is buying gold in record amounts,a nd surreptitiously. And that they are also urging their citizens to buy gold. There has been no let-up in the pace of Chinese investment in the gold market, and this draws a very clear picture as to the likely future direction of the gold price. Aside from the Chinese, central banks everywhere are still buying gold....Plenty of good reasons to keep buying.

16. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

After watching the master class on that ETF at the Symposium, I wouldn't be putting my money there.

The way that session blew up was one of the highlights of the event :p

17. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hmmm, verry interesting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies[1][2]) is an argument made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2][non-primary source needed] that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[2][3] In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussionregardless of topic or scopesomeone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler and the Nazis.
    Godwin's law is often cited in online discussions as a deterrent against the use of arguments in the widespread Reductio ad Hitlerum form.[citation needed] The Reductio ad Hitlerum attempts to refute a view because it has been held by Hitler.[4] The rule does not make any statement about whether any particular reference or comparison to Adolf Hitler or the Nazis might be appropriate, but only asserts that the likelihood of such a reference or comparison arising increases as the discussion progresses, irrespective of whether it is appropriate or not. Precisely because such a comparison or reference may sometimes be appropriate, Godwin has argued that overuse of Nazi and Hitler comparisons should be avoided, because it robs the valid comparisons of their impact.[5]
    Although in one of its early forms Godwin's law referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions,[6] the law is now often applied to any threaded online discussion, such as forums, chat rooms and blog comment threads, and has been invoked for the inappropriate use of Nazi analogies in articles or speeches

18. Clawhammer

+1 :D

19. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The guy made two statements that were...perhaps more relevant to a very specific set of circumstances than to wider practice without drawing attention to the difference.

The first was that (apparently) due to a recent private ruling by the ATO, sales of physical bullion no longer attract the 50% Capital Gains Tax discount.

The second was that (apparently) once you take delivery of physical bullion, it needs to be assayed when you sell it and that costs 5%-10% of the value of the metal.

Now I'm sure that his spiel would have been well received by a room full of fund managers who don't know much about precious metals and therefore don't know that from a simple stacker's perspective both of these statements are rubbish, but in this case he was speaking to a room full of people who are actively involved in bullion trading - just in my row there was a very well informed member of the investment media, representatives from three bullion dealers and an analyst from the Perth Mint. Some of the "WTF" looks people were giving each other across the room were (aha) gold.

A couple of pertinent questions were asked about these topics and the guy...clarified his statements...quickly wrapped up the Q&A by asking people with questions to come and see him afterwards and left the stage.

I think someone else who was there might have a better expatiation for why their currency hedging strategy is...interesting. I kinda zoned out when I realised the importance of interest rate differentials on 30-day forwards contracts to the structure of the ETF made it a more complicated investment than I'm interested in.

20. GoldenEgg

GoldenEgg Member

Not understanding this part.So if i bought a 10 oz gold bullion bar from perth mint and then walked back in to the mint the next day and sold it i would need to pay for an assay?