Movie: Looper (silver stackers) SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Jrandom, Sep 29, 2012.

1. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is at least the third movie where Bruce Willis goes back in time and sees himself. Other movies that I know of:

Twelve Monkeys - 1995
    The Kid - 2000

2. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Awesome - My best mate Stu is Dan Craig's bd in QoS & Skyfall!

;) x

3. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That'd be a huge ration of lead to silver to convert then eh?!?!?

(Sry - couldn't resist obvious gratuitous schoolboy periodic table pun!) ;) x

4. Jrandom

Jrandom New Member

Silver Futurist commentary on the movie:

http://youtu.be/xS_yufV_3Rg

(How do you get the YOUTUBE button to work? I tried to put the URL in a few different ways, but without success.)

5. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

6. Jrandom

Jrandom New Member

Thanks

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS_yufV_3Rg[/youtube]

7. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I saw this today. It looked to me like they cast Robert De Niro as the older looper and found a young double for him, and then ended up with Bruce Willis and just added a false nose.

If you believe the theory that the Illuminati run the universe and foreshadow the future in a strange rule that requires they inform us using popular culture, there's plenty to consider. A single man who controls the world's crime gangs (all five of them .... they don't mention GS, HSBC etc by name though) and gold and silver are convertible to currency at a 'retirement' rate for a gold bar. (I think it was a gold bar they threw on the ground at one stage).

I think I prefer the Doctor.

8. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

more like stacking silver-futurist on his yoga posts :lol:

9. Guest

Guest Guest

He hasn't done those in quite some time actually. His posts tend to be cyclic - there was a period of time where he did vids with JackyO that seemed to have passed too.

I like Joe, he's been a pleasure to chat with (I have spoken with him several times on paltalk and chat with Drutter too in realtime) and his lifestyle choices are something I admire.

Very switched on people trying to deliver a fairly simple message that you could deliver in an hour over coffee, but with a respin tied to current affairs on a daily basis is no easy task to maintain.

It's like SS in itself - when you first join the forum and go through the awakening process, it's all very exciting and everything is new. But after a while, you start to slow down on discussing the same thing over and over and your interest can start to wane.

Ultimately, the message is very simple.

1 - Fiat cash is garbage and has a 100% failure rate over time through human history
    2 - Precious metals and commodities with intrinsic value preserve wealth and purchasing power over time.
    3 - Shift your wealth from investments tied to 3rd party counter risk to investments tied in point 2.
    4 - Get on with your life.

There's really not that much more to say about it, except note the odd exception to the MSM media blankout (like this movie) which has a tendancy to purvey a thought provoking message, depending on which side of the economic and financial fence you sit on.

In the last decade, I personally believe the Matrix to be one of the leading philisophical films to be released with many underlying, thought provoking points to make. Whilst I personally have a distaste for Bruce Willis (I think he's highly over rated as an actor), I might have to check out this flick for the potential sub plot here.

We actually do see a number of films each year that tie gold and silver to money, but most of the time it's a fantasy representation (ala Lord of the Rings or Pirates of the Carribean) which people can distance themselves from ideologically speaking.

A movie which points to PMs in our future as money though in the realistic sense might have more value in delivering a subtle message to the sleeping masses....

10. davidjpeters

davidjpeters New Member

Just saw the movie last night and it's quite good, a bit thought provoking but I love that floor safe but more what's inside it

11. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The 'RedLetterMedia' boy's review of Looper is now on Youtube.

12. honey stacker

honey stacker New Member Silver Stacker

Good movie. It reinforces the idea that while currencies shift and change the pm's are constant. They could not send their currency back as it didn't exist and the the Renminbi is the preferable (official?)currency for use in America.

Thought it was a bit boring in parts and made me feel a bit sick overall. Glad I didn't take the kids, glad I saw it.

13. Bulawan pilak

Bulawan pilak New Member

Saw the movie last night and immediately thought of silver stackers.... I find it interesting that the movie shows peeople being payed in silver and gold.... The last "The Block" series had a competition where the contestants won some gold bullion as well.... the media are pushing silver and gold slowly it seems....

My wife love Bruce Willis and I though it was a good movie, it actually reminded me of an episode of the twilight zone if anyone saw it.... I do not want to give away too much though. Maybe Hollywood are targeting Silver Stackers as their audience....lol :D

14. Sandgroper

Sandgroper New Member

1 star from me , the wife and I walked out it wasn't taking us anywhere we wanted to go , should say we're not kids anymore.loved the stack !

15. Jrandom

Jrandom New Member

Brother JohnF discusses the implacations brought up in Looper, including that it made more money in China then in the USA (on opening).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbxT5p_67L0[/youtube]

16. Guest

Guest Guest

I thought the movie looper was rubbish. Waste of time watching it.

17. Auspm

Auspm New Member

Want to give us a rundown why you thought that?

I thought the movie had a lot of potential and didn't quite 'get there' (being a quickly spun flick that could only glance over the back story), but I didn't think it was a complete write off.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I found it slow without much of an ending. I also didn't get to know the characters too well so I didn't care to much about their ordeals. I found the movie unmoving.

19. Jrandom

Jrandom New Member

I thought it was great, and this coming from a guy who thinks Hollywood is dead. I actually went back and saw it a second time, something I almost never do (I can count the times on both hands).

There was a bit of the Luciferian/NWO programming in it, but I can't tell you the last movie I saw that didn't have it in there.

20. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Can you elaborate further? I'm always intrigued when people start commenting like that...