New book

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by low, Sep 21, 2012.

1. low

low New Member

A new book on MCC will be published in China by end of September.

The title <> translate to China Modern Precious Metals Commemorative Coins Market Analysis.

2. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

Awesome low !!! Can't wait to get my hands on it ... thanks for the info !!! [​IMG]

3. low

low New Member

Hi comeaux,

I understand the book author is ex-Director of China Great Wall Coins Investments Ltd, the company that distribute the 2012 Singapore coins show panda medal.

The man knows his coins/medals.

4. Ryaneod

Ryaneod New Member

Will any of it be in english? Otherwise I won't be able to read a lick of it! ;)

5. comeaux

Oh wow low that's top info glad to hear that it's someone associated with Great Wall Coins, we may get some inside information !

Two of the books I bought were written by Shen Jiajuo and very informative as he was director of China Gold Corporation. I see his name on alot of the COA's of older MCC.

I bought that last book on medals you had mentioned awhile back, I had to order it from China and it took a long time to get here but it's a really nice book.

OFF TOPIC: I just hired a new employee who met/married his wife in Japan but she is originally from Guangzhou. She speaks Chinese, Korean, Japanese and some English. I'm bringing them to lunch in the gardens tomorrow so I'm excited to start hearing about Chinese culture ! She is really excited as she has not yet met many people and ready to get out. I'm not sure if it's good or bad that the first person she meets will be a crazy cajun from south Louisiana but I'm gonna show her some fun !

6. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

Comeaux, Good to see you back :) my wife is Chinese she loves New Orleans ,I have had several Chinese folks down your neck of the woods,they love the Cajun seafood:)! and the coffee:) where you going for lunch?

7. Catseye

Catseye New Member

http://bbs.jibi.net/dispbbs.asp?BoardID=70&ID=241081

Google translate

http://translate.google.com/transla...a=X&ei=oA9dUJz_KI688wT1y4HIAg&ved=0CCcQ7gEwAA

[​IMG]

8. comeaux

Haha I'm never gone, it's just when I travel away from home a lot I just post less frequently and just read more. I love this site !

So yea my wife is from New Orleans but I've done converted her to a "Cajun" now and moved her down to "South Central" Louisiana in Lafayette. Her family is still in New Orleans so we are always making frequent trips down there to hang out for the weekend in the French Quarter which is always amazing or going to Saints games and concerts. It's only a 1.5 hour drive. Yea the seafood and Cajun food is awesome and your right about the coffee as well !

Defintely let me know when you are in the area and dinner and drinks are on me ! :)

9. comeaux

WOW ... This book is going to be epic !!!