how much would you pay for Silver panda 1 oz 1999 large plain 1 ms69?

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by sul62, Sep 21, 2012.

1. sul62

sul62 New Member

Hi im looking to get a 1999 silver panda ms69 large plain, any suggestions on how much they go for? I checked Ebay but cant find much, and price pedia is saying 350, however a ms68 went for 400 on the bay. Thanx

2. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If a MS68 went for $400, it's a pretty good indication that prices for a MS69 are going to be higher than that. But I think you might be able to find some for around $400.

3. sul62

sul62 New Member

Im finding it hard to source that type of coin asked people but cant seem to find much.

4. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Probably more in the $500- $550 range but you might get lucky..

5. silverfever

silverfever New Member

I got a 69 recently in the low $300s but with the recent surge in pricing, you may be a little late to the party.

6. sul62

sul62 New Member

why has it risen so fast so quick? does it fall just as fast? or are there some Panda coins that just keep going up?

7. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

There are people here more qualified to answer than me , but in my opinion it really depends on many factors first being which coin as some coins are just getting harder to find , also current trends , say if the pricepedea or whatever it is called says a certain date or variety is rare and getting hard to find ,every body and their brother flock to buy as many on ebay as they can thus artificially inflating the price very quickly , some of this is short lived though as the next issues come out and it is another coin/date that is all the rage so I would be careful jumping on the bandwagon with some of the hype. It also depends on if someone finds a source and buys a large qty. of a certain date and floods the market at some point the price just starts to plummet. I do think there are defiantly some coins that will go up and down but in general just keep going up the "big 3" being a good example , there are also probably some real sleepers that are very rare but just have not been given recognition by big names so know one cares. Just my 2 cents but I hope it helps.