Twitter and silver/financials?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by thatguy, Sep 9, 2012.

1. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Hi SiSta's :)
    Just set up a twitter account to see if it is useful. Anyone recommend anyone to follow in regards to silver/financials? TIA

2. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

am I the only one without twitter and facebook?

3. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Here is what I added... unsure if any/all will be helpful???

@mike_maloney
    @gloomboomdoom
    @JimRogerBlog
    @federalreserve
    @NYFed_News
    @zerohedge
    @caseyresearch
    @SprottAssetMgmt
    @stellaconcepts
    @maxkeiser
    @Brotherjohnf
    @TFMetals
    @KitcoNewsNow

4. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

not at all ;) Out of curiosity I set up a FB account however, I've only looked at it perhaps 5 times over the past 3 years but my default inbox is constantly telling me people who I don't know want to be %$#@ing friends with me :mad: . I personally hate twitter and FB - self centred people who want to yell/scream out to the public that they are loved by other false FB friends I reckon or perhaps I'm old school eh ! :D

5. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No mate your not the only one, I am only 35 and have either FB or Twitter though my girlfriend has both. I am a individual and dont the need to publicly display my every move and what I had for breakfast.
    I dont know what the attraction is with people these days that they have to tell their peers and the world what they are doing every minute of the day.
    People are glued to their laptops and phones, forgetting about the basic things in life that most of us grew up with. What is so wrong with spending the afternoon at the park throwing a grizzly or kicking a ball around with your loved ones?
    I think things need to change and bring back old family values, yes the internet has made parts of our lives easier but I think far to many people are so plugged into it, that their lives are controlled by it.

Just saying :)

SS77

6. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Nah mate oldschool is the way to go. Most of the FB content is pathetic and it just makes you hate your friends. Bunch of pathetic, self centered fools who think they're celebrities and think others care what they think. If you post something of substance it gets no attention, but post some dirty pics or some stupid rap video and yeah expect activity.

The stuff people post is so pathetic and just angers me how they can't see it for themselves.

None of it has any substance....just dumb photos of food, discussion about celebrities or their daily activities or just photos of girls dressing like skanks.

Where has the damn class gone?

I only go on for a few minutes a day to cure boredom or to say happy bday to someone...

At least with Myspace it was mainly used a communication platform. But Facebook is a complete "showing off" tool.

But yeah I wish the site wasn't around, complete waste of time.

7. silverwalla

silverwalla Member

Facebook, is set up by TPTB to put people on the surveillance grid. Did you hear about the former US marine who recently got taken away by the fuzz for making dissenting remarks on his fb accout!

8. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

All the
    #ESM
    #ECB
    tweets are in German... I need a first world meme :(