Congratulations to the two silver stackers, who between themselves

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Black_Sun, Sep 5, 2012.

1. dollars

dollars Active Member Silver Stacker

2. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

True. And thank you.

Overpriced bullion is sold regularly, unlike silver nuggets/wire, etc. If you start down the PM warning thread on stuff that is sold everyday, well, that's quite a different matter.

EDIT: And silver wire/nuggets are not fungible. Bullion is fungible.

3. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thinking about this some more, there are highballing sellers and there are genuinely good sellers who are asking what they think it is worth. What they think may be misguided rather than them being turtle-headers screwing innocents. This applies to "standard" bullion just as much as "non-standard" bullion.

4. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

This is the most exciting thread I have posted in ages. My JP Morgan "thug car" ones are also very enjoyable. :D

Sit tight folks, I need to pop out for a short time to get some garlic bread. :)

5. dollars

dollars Active Member Silver Stacker

6. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

And THERE folks, is the real agenda.

Translated:

I'm going to sh1t stir about some trades being unfair - which I would never out directly as that would be poor etiquette. Now I have everyones attention and have created a vague debate about the issue nobody actually knows about (and more importantly nobody has complained about!) I'm going to sneak little comments in about how clever I am.

Give it up fella - you've created a potential shitfight over a trade where neither party have actually complained.

Etiquette as I see it is thus:

Don't peanut throw on someones sales thread. If they're highballing, whatever - 99% of people will avoid it. - As I understood it, everyone on the site respects this.

What has occured here is someone peanut throwing while making vague statements about a trade - then when asked to name and shame - they refuse to give them... FULLY acknowledging this kind of behaviour is bad practice by doing so.

If you knew it was poor form, then you wouldn't have created it in the first place.

Simple.

7. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I should have waited until the sale went through, then started a thread about how stupid the buyer was.

Would have made for a highly enjoyable thread at someone elses expense.

8. RhythmDoctor

Seems its not just me who's got his number then... ;)

9. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

And would have been a lesson well learned, albeit an expensive one.

Its one thing to overpay for non-fungible stuff, but fungible, well... that's a key point about precious metals, that they are fungible. Its stock standard stuff, whereever you go. I'm not about to start PM'ing every 10th buyer on SS, advising them where a better deal is available, as that would, imo, be ridiculous, to PM every 10th buyer with advise of a cheaper deal :eek:

10. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Rhythmdoctor, without *your* participation, AND... the participation of everyone else who posted in here, this thread would amount to nothing.

So if you wanna know *who* helped put wood on the fire to keep it burning, have a look in the mirror. :cool:

11. Ryaneod

Ryaneod New Member

I guess I go against the grain, I have posted on some sale threads asking questions and gotten PM's from others showing where I could get the actual item at a great discount. I have been very grateful for those people that did help me out because I won't admit to knowing every place to get the best coins/bullion at. I feel if someone posts something that I think they are grossly over pricing it just to prey on those that don't know any better, I will be the first to throw peanuts. Get pissed at me if you will, but I feel like I want others to help me so I will do the same. If we are talking a dollar or two I am not going to say anything but if we are talking ~30% or higher over priced, I might ask questions.

12. RhythmDoctor

The perfect excuse of a sh1t stirrer. is... 'you could've ignored me'

Honestly, I have the utmost respect for you as a poster here, I've found your posts to be fairly insightful previously... It's just now.

I just can't be doing with this pseudo-intelligent cryptic crap. Take a leaf outta spanner's book and say it how it is.

13. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Fair enough. Just having a bad day I guess. This is my last post on this thread.

14. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

When did Silver stackers suddenly become pro communist? There is a list a mile long why that attitude does not work as it is a form of manipulation of prices as who will say what is fairly priced and/or overpriced? Once you start going down the road of price control, sooner or later nobody will be selling in the site. Free market is not perfect; there will be winners as well as losers but it is the fairest and best type we have for now.

15. selfcentered

selfcentered New Member

Is this entire thread about all of the 2010 1oz S2 Tigers that went for about the $65 - $50 mark when they were up on Ainslies for $45 ?

16. RhythmDoctor

I really had no idea why this thread was started - only BS has now ducked out.

I'm not overly bothered anymore - fair do's though, if your having a bad day - I feel for ya fella. But don't make BS an ironic username... :p

17. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Hey Everyone

I made a bunch of money off people recently. How cool is that? It might even have been you!

Sincerely,
    <Some person who thinks people give a shit>

18. Ryaneod

Ryaneod New Member

Didn't know that made it pro communist. I am of the opinion the market is what sets the price, when both buyer and seller are fully informed. Sorry, but if I see someone selling something for some crazy amount of money, thinking someone doesn't know any better I will throw up a flag. Then again, the majority of all my purchases are in the MCC area, and there is it hard to tell what is up or down. I like to think those of us over there take care of each other. Just like the guy last week who was trying to sell fake panda's and EVERYONE pointed it out so no one fell prey. Per you not wanting to be pro communist we should have all just sat on our hands and refused to call them out so that in a free market it is the buyers fault for not knowing it was a fake? Yeah . . great way to build trust in friends right there. I am glad everyone over in the MCC section doesn't feel this way.

19. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Then why post up the initial thread?

Reminds me of the RSC threads.

20. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hmmm.. Ainslies had tiggers for 45$!?
    And I paid 50$!
    And nobody told me!
    I better use my own due diligence next time.