Congratulations to the two silver stackers, who between themselves

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Black_Sun, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

I've bought from unfunkable before, was a good transaction. Would trade again no worries

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Chump!

3. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Its not so harsh as to be hard sarcasm. But for my part, I wish that stackers could learn how to buy wisely. As I said, the common man off the street who knows NOTHING about precious metals, can buy for a better price than these guys. I'd like to help change this, what about you?

I'd like to be able to cause some folk to buck up their ears, listen up, pay attention, stop paying more $$ than the common man off the street would pay!! This is silver stackers, you are meant to want to learn about precious metals, to KNOW how much is fair to pay, and not just blindly shell out money without thinking.

Just keeping silence, however respectful it may seem to some, is not helping lots of folk. So my thread is designed to cause certain folk to think about their own buying habits, critique themselves and so become smarter buyers. The folk who brought are not newbies. But probably they made their mistake because in the past, everyone else just kept silent. Thanks, because it didn't help them one bit to wise up.

In the time of chaos, when faith is lost in the US dollar, if folk cannot even pay "right" prices in a time of calm, how well will they fare then? They'll probably be slaughtered, while the common man off the street will probably still being doing better then.

4. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

Finicky- it wasn't you I was just jking. The bar was spot + 10 from memory :)

5. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

I realise that this is probably a sore point for many. Sorry.

6. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Were they new stackers or old stackers?

New stackers might need help through a lunar mania if it is their first one but old stackers may well have other reasons for making a purchase which on a dollar basis may seem unwise but might serve them in other ways.

7. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you wish to educate people why dont you state the products sold, the price (over)paid, and what you consider to be a fair price?

Cryptic crap about sheep teaches us nothing.

8. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I really don't get the point of this thread. Especially without knowing the specifics - which I actually don't want to know as I think that goes against a lot of the theme of this website.

Value does not always equal price. Different people have different options and what someone thinks is a good price someone else will think is a terrible price. Even trading through "anonymous" websites like this where more comes down to price there are still a wide range of factors that mean that someone is willing to pay $X while someone else thinks it's worth $Y.

unfunkable - I am assuming you are being sarcastic but I hope it doesn't inadvertently damage your reputation if you happen to need to sell anything through here in the near future.

BS - please don't misinterpret my post. I think it is good to provide reminders/information to people about simple ways that people can save $$$ (information is worth money) but I'd avoid disparaging particular trades without talking to both the buyer and seller to ensure that you understand their motivations. There are subtle and unsubtle ways and I think this thread (which I mostly found confusing at first) is bordering on tarring good traders with the same brush. [My 2c.]

9. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yeah I wasn't really worried, lol

Actually I think I must have been 'fleeced' by about every seller here, since I've been buying all the way down.

10. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am betting one of sales in question was a roll of lunars.

11. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

That would be too confronting. Everyone would immediately be able to identity the parties involved, and that's not fair. Other than saying nothing, and not helping folks to be introspective and self-critiqueing, I'm not sure how you can help people to analyse their own buying habits.

12. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

13. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

since when have we had the price police? Is shaming sellers going to be the norm?

14. Eureka Moments

Apparently this thread is about shaming the buyers for overpaying.

15. ToDaMoon

ToDaMoon Active Member Silver Stacker

I think people learn from their mistakes, and if they don't then more fool them.

I will be the first to admit that I was ripped off (on ebay) when buying a proof 89 coin set (coin fair edition) some years back on a buy it now, only to find that a later auction realised about half the price that I paid. The same seller is still selling these overpriced items.

I just got caught up in the hype, but since then I have been very analytical about my purchases, and I think others learn the same way. You generally only make one mistake.

I would also say there wouldn't be too many people on here that have not felt ripped off at least once in their lives (I am talking about the normal world ie paying full price for a new car etc). It helps us to realise that it is a mad mad world out there and that we need to be careful.

16. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Sorry, its probably just me being overly-sensitive.

If I can buy a 1kg PAMP (for eg.) online *now*, and 15 minutes later (and the spot price has NOT moved), two fellas here do a deal where one of them sells a 1kg PAMP (easily available elsewhere) for $200 over the online price, then these two may have their "special reasons" for doing a deal like this. I'd call this fleecing, but as you say, I don't know the reasons why the buyer choses not to buy for $200 less. He could have a very good reason for not doing so.

If it was me, I'd just prefer to pay $200 less. But that's just me. Other folk may prefer paying a lot more, for reasons we don't know.

17. dollars

dollars Active Member Silver Stacker

18. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

There's no need for shame. Each person lives true to themselves and is proud of who they are. I see no shame in that.

19. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Does this mean that you are no longer willing to sell me that 1kg of silver for $500, which I told you was a good deal, because it was toned?

20. Eureka Moments

Some people try to help others out by sending them a PM advising them that they may be being ripped off and explaining why this is so.

"Natural" Silver Nuggets anyone? :)