Who are your top precious metals forecasters?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Emanance, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Emanance

Emanance Guest

It's been an interesting week in Precious Metals (Interesting few weeks for Platinum). I can only imagine my fellow Stackers are asking the same question I'm asking myself: Where will the PM market take us now through the immediate short term and onward into the next quarter.

Made we want to pose the question: What PM market forecasters have you ladies & gentlemen found to be on the money lately.

2. Emanance

Emanance Guest

Personally I follow a few PM pundits that have made some pretty impressive calls over the last six months. Bearing in mind It'd be a pretty tough gig trying to make calls on a rigged market with all this paper GLD & SLV flying around, I'd have to say I've found Turd Ferguson from http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/ has for me been pretty consistently on the money.

I really like the look of his latest gold prediction:

[​IMG]
    Source: http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/4154/come-tuesday

3. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Endlessmountain has almost made me an endless mountain of electronic fiat recently :D

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I like Franklin Saunders, he has a sense of humour, is of simple Southern Stock and doesn't get carried away.

And is my new best mate, but he doesn't know that.

5. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Jim Rogers
    Mike Maloney

The guy from bullorbearreport

Anyone know where John Stellaconcepts is these days? Did the Youtube trolls get to him or something?

6. kkkrazy

kkkrazy New Member

Alf fields,roadrunner

7. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

Kyle from bullorbearreport
    Stellaconcepts

That is all.

I found that Franklin Saunders guy to be awful.

Will check out endless mountain.

8. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Yippee for commentary :lol:
    &
    Retarded monkey for charts :p:

9. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1.

Yippee's permanent forcast:

[​IMG]

10. Goldmember

Goldmember Member

If you arent aware,Stella had an online "discussion"(...or little spat) with another YouTuber called "Rawdoglet"

Its ok though,i think Stella and Rawdog made up,and are Best Friends Forever now...check it out :)lol:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx3ZlbFATPQ

I think the bit at the end is a little harsh though

11. mmm....shiney!

Likewise stellaconcepts :/

12. Kawa

Kawa New Member

I got a Blue Tongue Lizard that comes to my back garden each year to have her babies.

The word in the Garden is that we need rain and when it comes we will only get a bit.

13. mmm....shiney!

So we basically like the format rather than the message, I like old farts that's writes words, wr likes rocket ships to da moon, grinners likes youtube types and kawa likes his lizard.

It's not the message, it's the stick that carries the message that is the attraction.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Interesting discussion.

I would assume much more of the accuracy on PM 'forecasters' comes down to as much luck as it does rational market analysis?

How else can you make accurate predictions in a 100% controlled market?

I think once you do the leg work on your position, understand and appreciate the fundamentals on why you're buying and in the game, then realise where the end game is - the short term guessing game really doesn't amount to much more than gambling IMHO.

It's always interesting to hear from market commentators, but you have to realise their motivation on speaking out is because they get paid for it. That in itself doesn't dillute what they have to say of course, but you have to appreciate that they are making comments based on rational market analysis, when the markets are anything but.

I listen for entertainment value as much as education, but once you know the market and fundamentals it's pretty much a broken record.

If you're an average joe like myself, then long term physical, cost average stacking is the strategy and the day to day noise honestly ceases to be relevant.

15. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

Peter Schiff
    Mike Maloney
    Ron Paul
    Chris Martenson
    History

16. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm more a fundamentalist so I follow predictions via text rather than people who predict numbers. Hence,
    - History
    - L.V. Mises
    - M. Rothbard
    - Yippe

Julian D.W. Phillips and John Mauldin get highly honorable mentions for current commentary because they are trying to reason through how current events could play out including reasoning through how the power brokers can actually achieve certain goals (e.g. practicalities of a Greek exit, Turks depositing their physical gold back into the banking system, Iranian oil for gold sales, Chinese currency transitions etc).

I used to like Chris Martenson but although his public materials are enlightening I believed he had some fundamental misunderstandings so stopped reading. His member-only materials may be different however.

17. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

it seems we are in the same school of economic.Ludwig Won Mises Austrian economic had already laid the foundation of many economic concepts. Often I heard politicians speaks, I am surprised how many of them never read his work. It is no difference when a physics teacher learn art decides to teach physic. Ron Paul is a student of his work and he is fighting for the believe of sound money and liberty. Which I humblely want to play a role in continuing his beliefs through my book.

18. Emanance

Emanance Guest

That's really quite clever, and so very true :D

I think it was Mike Maloney who really made me first realize that if through this current crisis, gold does not take full account in its value of all the financial system's debt & fiat currency, it will be the first time in 2400 years to not do so. It's good to be on the right side of history :p

19. Gold Kiwi

Gold Kiwi New Member Silver Stacker

Jim Sinclair and Turd are the first two PM blogs I read each day.

20. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Anybody that could accurately forecast price movements into the future would be busy making millions

not wasting their time publishing forecasts