Places in EU to avoid VAT on Gold or Silver

Discussion in 'Gold' started by harrysantos, Sep 4, 2012.

1. harrysantos

harrysantos New Member

Any of you guys no where I can get gold or silver with no VAT or no other burdens from government? Maybe some gray market trading? Preferably in the EU area.

I've also heard there are websites that offer gold/silver with no VAT with both delivery or storage?

2. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

If you need to ask, then stay away, its too risky for you. If you can figure it out for yourself, you're equipped to deal with the circumstances & people.

3. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't think he's talking so much about doing deals with the Russian mob in dingy car parks so much as asking if there are any tax loopholes in parts of the EU that would allow silver to be acquired without it incurring VAT.

7% VAT on coins vs. 19% VAT on bars in Germany is good example of a (legal) tax loophole. There may well be others.

4. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

There is no VAT on Gold in the EU. Silver yes, but as mentioned before germany is one of the cheapest atm 7% compare to Ireland over 20%. Also if you could prove that what you are buying is legal tender (like phills face value of 1 euro) you might try to get vat excemption. Wont work on bars or rounds tho.

5. Vredaren

Vredaren Member

Something popular in Europe is something called "Coin-Bars", basically bar-shaped 'coins'. Thus incurring 7% VAT instead of 20% VAT which bars carry.