Well that was a lot less drama than last year.

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by Boomstix, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Boomstix

Boomstix Member

Placed my order with the mint just now. I remember last year needing to refresh pages multiple times, things not going through etc etc. Got 1 coin of each size plus the allowed 10 in 1oz size problem free. Now I just have to get those same coins from previous years!

2. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

same here
    just ordered my allowance of 1oz gold ones...
    had to wait for 4-5 mins as the item ' was not available' but gone through fine

3. clubman

clubman Member

Snakes can't fly, Dragon rocks.

4. GoldMeUp

GoldMeUp New Member

yep, I got my snake easily. I wonder how long they will take to sell out.

5. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

LOL.. easy buying on ebay too... $30 AU (the shipping was a bit high!)

1for1

6. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yup, only crashed out 4 times for me!

Metal price change
    The metal price has changed. Please try again later or refresh confirmation page to display the final step in the cart checkout process again. If this problem persists contact us on 1300 201 112.

Hmmm, in the 8 seconds it took to place the order, I think not!

However I got the full 10, but I was dreading going through the 2 hours of mucking about as I did for the dragons.

I forgot it was on today and couldn't remember the password, all in all I feel lucky to have gotten any.

8. spannermonkey

9. Boomstix

Boomstix Member

So are you gonna be first on this site to sell at an exorbitant price again this year Spanner? ;)

10. spannermonkey

:lol:
    Not touching them like last year ;)
    I have 1 UNC + 1oz proof & 3 coin set ordered & that's it for me :D

11. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Same here, I have the 3 coin proof ordered, I am hoping to use it in part exchange for the 3 coin dragon. Other than that I have my 1oz allocation, which I will swap for bars at some stage and that is all I am doing for the snakes.

There is no lunar re-entry for me. I have disengaged my lunar module. I burnt out on the Dragons!

12. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150891900433?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Cmon man, we all know how crazy some ebay BIN prices are.. hardly a gauge for current price levels - we both seem to share the view of SKIP IT for this release, like you a may look for one for the set but i think thats a rubbish reason to buy a bullion coin so ill try to sort out my schitt and be strong.

$30 + postage ($12.50)

Im only interested for stats at this stage as i dont intend on buying any.

Not sure why you'd pay $44 when you could get a Rabbit or Mouse at that price (or dragon) but i guess i really know the answer.. ITS NEW so people want it , and its a lunar so we need it for our sets..

Think ill chase the rarer cheaper privys from now on (not sure how well PM thought through offering a cheaper rarer version of lunars.. oh well ill take their charity).

1for1

13. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I got my 1oz Au locked in couple of fridays ago and various 1oz rolls with dealers.

Alot of delears got small allocations in Sydney and want around $50 / 55 each for them. I passed up, although originally I put in an interest of 3 rolls and was originally advise it would be cheaper then perth mint release. I didn't feel that was the case last week so I locked in whatever I could.

The 1oz Au snakes look awesome, like the pattern on the skin, it reflects with light depending on which angle you view it from. Overall happy with the purchase. I guess the shop up the price for the Ag because me and my mate bought out the Au allocation. They didn't want us buying half their allocation for the Ag version.

Slam

14. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lmfao! No chance - I can't think why anyone'd pay over what the *savvy* Belgians are paying!!! Besides, the 2001 Snakes were way sexier ;) x

15. Garnet

Garnet Active Member Silver Stacker

16. Boomstix

Boomstix Member

Looks like PM have lifted the restrictions on 10 1ozs. Just tried adding a full roll to my basket and it allowed it to go through where as yesterday it didnt. Maybe not as many people buying this year?

17. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

I think hardcore Physical Silver long Term Stackers have been shaken into revising there relationship with PM products.. such a big market the newbies should fill the gab.. but YES id say with 99.9% certainty Snakes are no dragons.

Ill be getting me some cheap snakes eventually.. its $43 why not buy non-privy dragons? or Rabbits or Mouse... Not sure how the older lunar could be valued at less the dragon was like that as it was a Dragon.

18. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I tend to agree.

After the way they treated Physical long term stackers in the past maybe people are thinking that Perth Mint just isn't worth the hassle. I mean, why stack their products if you're forced to get up at midnight just so that you can buy a part of a semi-numismatic collection? If a collection has 12 coins and you have 7 and the collection goes crazy chances are you'll be paying well over the odds for the remaining 5. That's not cool

19. aussilver

aussilver Member Silver Stacker

You can add 1000 now if you like,what a joke Perth Mint is turning into.A limit of 10 and the next day unlimited.(getting real good at pissing people off)If releasing the same coins(numis) this year as last i think they will be stuck with a lot of them,Dragon hype was a 1 of thing IMO

20. Lightsview

Lightsview Member

They thought this year was going to be the same as last year, but got slapped on the face! They realised after the lacklustre sales yesterday that if they were to stick to the 10 coin limit, its going to take a very very long time to hit the 300,000 mintage mark.

That's why they've made a U turn & opened the flood gates!... anyway its pretty clear the Perth Mint snake bullions coins are not as highly sought after, after all that has happened over the past year!

The proof silver coins seem to follow a different path though. Very strong demand!