Did Ron Paul fail?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by bordsilver, Sep 3, 2012.

1. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I seem to recall over the past few a days a few people raising whether Ron Paul has "failed" to achieve anything in his decades as a member. This article from Mises website says if you view that it was principally about education then he hasn't "failed". Clutching at straws maybe but I don't know enough about how far non-mainstream RP was a couple of decades ago.

http://mises.org/daily/6181/The-Real-Ron-Paul-Revolution

2. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

+1 for controversial topic title :)

I agree, he didn't fail. He was never going to win presidency, even his own party wouldn't have supported that.

He brought some financial issues into the spotlight at least.

3. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

I think he was a great success in getting his ideas out there and he especially influenced a lot of young people and they will be the next generation in power after all the old cronies have expired.

4. Agauholic

Agauholic New Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...or-house-vote/2012/07/24/gJQAJypU7W_blog.html

5. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

The FAIL is after Ron Paul Americans will have no one to pin hope too... i seem a dark shadow sweeping USA and citizens come to terms with their lack of power and control over there own destinies..

Ron Paul did give hope and educate a new generation of Americans.. the problem is without him there all the positive energy may turn to negative.. im fairly sure no RP supporter would back Romney.. so they will have to go 3rd party Gary Johnson, when he is ignored i predict riots.. the fake left right paradigm will frustate citizens to the brink!

Paul actually contained the potential civil war in opinion, without him all hope is lost and when people have nothing lese to lose they lose it!

1for1

6. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nothing wrong with failing if you gave it the best try you could. R.P. gave it his best without losing his composure or credibilty (Max Kieser & Gerald Celente could learn a lesson there).

Others may use R.P's failure as a way forward and in that nothing has been lost.

7. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

All I can say is that whether they vote now for Obama or Romney I think the USA is doomed and you can only blame the voters themselves.

After seeing Mitt Romneys flamboyant wife on stage with people commenting how wonderful she was and they would vote for Romney now just to have her as the First Lady - I shake my head and say - there is no hope for them!

8. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Looks like Australia isnt far off the same depression, Gillards ratings are apparently up.. i doubt Abbot would SAVE us, even though i like the idea of repealing the carbon tax and mining tax i think aboot will not cut spending.. he wants the govt to pay for paid maternity etc..

Dunno, i persoanlly think Ron Paul signified hope for the whole west and was educating everyone about the folly of this current monetary system.

I feel sorry for the Amercians but dont think we are far off.. although it seems like the majority of americans are drining the kool aid 24/7... must be sooo frustrating for awake americans seeing them go down this path.. its playing out like slow motion so all you can do is prepare for your family and friends.

1for1

9. Haggai 2:8

Haggai 2:8 Member

Ron Paul didn't fail. America did.

10. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

Did Ron Paul fail?
    Did he ever have a chance of success?

We answered this question ourselves when we started loading up on PMs in anticipation of the coming monetary collapse.

11. Ernster

Ernster New Member

I believe he got screwed and not in the good way.

12. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Ron Paul certainly got cheated many times over during this campaign. The clincher was when Romney managed to have ALL of Maines delegates thrown out of the convention and passed rules that allow the presumptive nominee to reseat delegates to ensure unity.

Did he fail? No chance. His goal was to change the republican party. Proof of this is the establishment GOP having to break their own rules to stifle the ground swell of the rEVOLution.

There is light at the end of the tunnel though. Many chastised Rand Paul for supporting Romney after he had the 1144 needed to take the nomination. They don't understand that in order to get on the Republican ticket for his senate seat he had to promise to support the nominee. He kept his word. If he did not, or if Ron Paul went third party, his work from within the party would go out the window.

It will take a long time for the neocons and militarists in the US to be persuaded. Rand Paul is sitting right there in the spotlight ready to run for the nomination in 2016 or later. Rubio will be his biggest threat. Only four years to turn him into an ally or maybe a running mate.

In some ways this Romney win is a blessing. Romney and Ryan are a complete joke even standing next to Obama. The US will fall off a cliff, we now know that is a certainty......who will be standing on the side lines saying "you should have listened to me "? Instead of being blamed for the collapse, they will be there (paulites and miseans) ready to build again from a more sound footing.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Buddhist Proverb : "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear"

The teacher simply appeared here before the students were ready IMHO.

When the population is awake and aware, no amount of propaganda or control will alter the course for change. The population simply isn't awake right now in the US or realistically speaking, anywhere else in the world either.

It will take sufferance to shake the foundations of normalcy bias before that paradigm shift can occur.

The global population hasn't suffered enough yet, certainly in Western societies.

14. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

No, of course he didn't fail, because winning the presidency wasn't the game. It was just a process which was serving a purpose which was to educate and change people's minds. It was obvious to most of us in February that the race had been lost, so I'm sure it was obvious to them.

If winning the presidency was the game then why not drop out when he realised he had no chance of winning just as all the others do? After all, surely going any further would be a complete waste of effort and money. Lots of effort and a lot of money! Say what you will about RP and his team, but they are not dummies. The only credible answer is that they were playing a different game with different goals.

It's like I said elsewhere, true change is bottom-up not top-down.

And really, you don't want to go anywhere near the US presidency if you have an ounce of common sense. The whole thing is going to fall over at some point. Why be the captain of the Titanic?

15. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Rand Paul 2016.

His stances on key issues are close enough to Ron's that he can be an effective rallying point.

16. Tacrezod

Tacrezod Member