what would you do with $500k??

Discussion in 'Silver' started by smeagol, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes but not because its in a Yuan denominated account, its because I believe its wise to get money out of digital land into hard cash in these times specifically. I haven't done this cos I don't have the moula.

2. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

Gazza has a point. If you really think the house is a millstone then sell it and put part into gold, part into silver, part back into realestate which doesnt require maintenance and then enjoy the remainder doing the things you really would like to while you are young.

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

There is so much stupid, dumb, childish and ridiculous advice in this thread. Don't follow goldpanner's advice smeagol, he'll have you on the bones of your arse before you know it. :p

If you don't want to turn it into a brothel then a meth lab is you're only obvious course of action.

4. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

500K me would buy a new unit and the rest in gold bullion sit on the gold for 10 years then think about what to do with the profit then.

5. smeagol

smeagol New Member

yea i sometimes think that will end up happening... i am soo tempted to just sell it and dive in head first into gold and silver :S

there's an auction for a similar house with similar cash flow nearby my house in about 10 days... the owners are hoping for $570+ but are putting it up for auction... i'll get a better idea of what i can sell mine for depending on what that one goes for i rekon :)

in terms of storing so much physical, i've looked at unallocated metal places like the one at perth mint... has anyone done anything like that and what are your experiences? otherwise what are the reliable bullion vault places? and just out of interest, what kind of size bars would be good for liquidity for gold and silver?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Guardian Vaults in Melbourn CBD looks pretty good. I think have one in Sydney too. !00oz bars and larger are fine in my opinion, all the big bullion places will take them when you sell.