Silver Stacker beware the Bull!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by errol43, Sep 1, 2012.

1. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

2. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

well its good to see some passionate stacker's :) i am not saying who's right who's wrong its just what i see unfortunately or fortunately i can only see through my eyes thats why we have forums everyone see's different things i am not arguing with anyone or telling anyone how to spent their currency or offering investment advice just putting it out there for discussion :)

3. Kickabuck

Kickabuck New Member

It seems hard to buy at $31 when we have seen spot prices from 26-28 for several months. But, if you look on the bay, 10 oz. bars are being snapped up at $350/$360 right and left. We may actually be in a bull run that takes spot up to another level. Gas prices are a leading indicator into the future price, mining consumes a LOT of petro, that creates a double advantage for silver. 1) mining slows down, the byproduct of silver decreases straining the supply for industrial demand. 2) mining continues at or above the same level with higher fuel frices, current inventory costs more to produce, silver prices are higher. $31 was a nice gain, but small...we all know where it's eventually going.

4. mike titanic

mike titanic New Member

Well,I dont have the slightest idea of where silver is headed,but I am continuing to buy 5 -10 ozs a week.This week its the antelope wildlife coin.All I can add is that since most of my purchases this year were between $29 and $37 I'm not in a rush to sell anything just to break even.

5. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I get your point with that chart UM but a few points, no fat brothers trying to corner the market, Laptops, A desk top in most western households, Plasma's, Mobile phones, Touchscreens, Shoe inserts, Solar panels, Medical dressings, Debt equals income in a big way, QE I,2 etc etc, Euro, or countless other uses for Silver such as the state of the art touch screen silver freshness panty liner with impregnated silver (What? Is your missus slow on the uptake of technology???) If you think that one is a doozy you should check out the paper silver market by the likes of JP morgue and associates.

Point being that things are wwwwwwaaaaaayyyyy different now, I do agree that Gold is probably a safer bet for now, but so far as risk's go for my money they are close to an equal footing in comparison to all else including realestate in the present climate.

If you take the two items alone and compare the % increase between the two over the last five years Silver comes out on top by nearly 10 % and Silver has out performed Gold by nearly 10 % in the last month alone. Cherry picked figures for sure but I personally feel that as the slow moving train wreck develops more and more of the middle wealth of the world are seeing Silver as the only other option apart from gold to hedge or invest in. Volatile ? for sure but it (Silver) is proving itself time and again as a born again partner of Gold in the precious metals meme.

6. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sell all that pretty stuff and swap it out for well known ugly weight.

Here's an exercise for you, total up the fiat value of all your pretty stuff and compare it to the actual price per ounce. The difference is then calculated in ounces you might have had if you bought ugly instead of pretty. If your into Numis, all well and good as it's each to their own but if you want to STACK then buy a stack not a collection. Even the most expensive 1 Oz coin is still 1 OZ. A Redback is a prime example, well over a KG value of Silver in ounces for a single coloured coin.

7. Ghost Story

i agree with near 90% of what everyone has said no doubt about it or i wouldn't be stacking silver or gold.

if we knew nothing right like what was said back there in a post that 30 year chart would say sell and run yes?

its near a carbon copy of itself my point is people have all these patterns worked out head shoulders, trend lines, bla bla bla so in my book if that 30 year chart is wrong then so are the rest of them all the theories are crap :)

we all play our little games and have fun with whats the price going to do and its fun but no one REALY knows.

like southern cross said people all over the planet with lap tops using these patterns to make decisions and well its tea leave reading.

if all this stuff really worked we would all be on a yacht somewhere cruising the caribbean with 20 girls or men for the girls :)

so what am i saying i like playing the guessing game like everyone else but put as much credence in what i say about charts as old JP Morgan

this is how it really works and its real simple "you need money to make money" thats how the chart works :)

end of story

8. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

All this sounds like like the babble before a two up toss on the chances of heads and tails........... :)

9. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If this is another range breakout it will probably be confirmed on Monday with either more upside or a retreat. A big retreat will send us down towards $30 support, however we may be heading for the $33-$35 range soon. I feel the $33-$35 price will be a consolidation range that we will see out the rest of this year in. Not going below $30 again and not going above $36 for the rest of 2012.

10. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Mate if you wanna buy Silver, now is the time to buy IMO. I know buying at $31 seems high if you're only use to seeing silver at $2X but seriously that time in all likely hood has come and gone. Things are heating up, and we may never see $20 dollar silver again. If we do, think of it as a bonus.

Imagine the price is at $38 this year which is highly possible. $31 sure looks a lot cheaper doesn't it;)

If you look at a 10 year chart, and draw a straight light through the trend, Silver should be around $29-$30 anyway, so this very well could be the bottom.

Do your own research, but just something to think about.

11. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

i say the same thing and you throw me under the bus?!?

12. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Sorry please explain? If you're talking about the $48 thing that's completely different as it was going parabolic for quite some time.

13. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

OF COURSE you WILL see it in the 20's mate ....

on a historical chat! :lol:

14. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

My plan will be to sell half my silver if it gets to 38. I bought a lot of it at 32 - 35, even some at 40. I just think silver is too volatile for me and would rather be in gold.

15. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

A better thing to do would be to not stress too much over the price and watch the GSR. Its falling pretty hard now, so make a call when you think its bottomed and trade over to gold then. I think mid 30's is a possibility in the short term. Thats almost a 1KG bar of silver for an ounce of gold. Your not gaining anything if silver goes to $38 but golds up to $1900 again. Play the ratio and gain ounces

16. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If it breaks $33, then Yes $35.50 will be a hard nut to crack. When it does breakout from this consolidation price range with a new US stimulus, its gunna be one hell of a ride.

17. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC-XZJK0qD0[/youtube]

18. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

use your silver to convert to gold when GSR is around 40 or <44 to one oz of gold.

19. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

you can see it here on SS as well, someone can put up to buy, the other to buss...there you have it. :lol:

20. Ghost Story

gee if it goes up for 2 days everyone wants it if it goes down for 2 days cant sell it strange these stock people