Ponzi Bank Facts

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Alfie, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

Hi Forum,
    Mainstream news mention these topics rarely, are the masses being fed like mushrooms?

Libor Scandal on rate fixing
    Goldman Sachs Group involvement with silver price suppression
    Australian banks exposure in the derivatives market
    The silent currency war between China and USA
    Gold leasing V Physical inventory

Please add your FACTS and SOURCES to this thread
    Cheers
    Alfie

2. thehuckler

thehuckler New Member

I would love to see this thread expand, come on all you clever, in the know stackers!

3. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Libor Scandal on rate fixing

^^ has been almost ignored by the mainstream media. And yet it negatively impacts on nearly everything around us.

Who's pulling the strings?

http://billmoyers.com/2012/08/07/libor-blackout-major-networks-are-ignoring-the-bank-scandal/

Libor Blackout: Major Networks are Ignoring the Bank Scandal
    August 7, 2012
    by Theresa Riley

You've probably heard about the ongoing investigation of global banks and the manipulation of Libor, the critical interest rate that banks use as a benchmark to borrow money from each other and to set rates on virtually all commercial loans, credit cards, mortgages, etc. Maybe you heard about it from The New York Times or Bloomberg News, or even here at BillMoyers.com.

Two places we're sure you didn't hear about it are ABC's World News and NBC's Nightly News, because they haven't covered it at all. According to Media Matters for America, the two networks ignored the scandal that The Financial Times's Chris Giles writes has "the power to make the heads of commercial banks quake in their boots."

MMFA bloggers Ben Demiero and Rob Savillo noted in their post:

"These same news outlets spent significantly more time on trivialities like shark sightings and the Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes divorce than on the banking scandal. For context, ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN spent 44 minutes combined on the LIBOR scandal during their evening programming from June 27 to July 28. By contrast, these same outlets devoted nearly 65 minutes to stories about sharks for only the first sixteen days of that period."

Never underestimate the media's ability to underestimate the priorities of the American public.

4. FullMetalFever

FullMetalFever Member

These type of coincidences always happen, and I'm sure had I not started reading much of the information here at SS and other places I would have missed it altogether ....... that being;

I was watching "The Other Guys" on TV last night (pretty funny movie with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg) and as it finished I went to reach for the remote to see what else was on, when I noticed that together with the ending credits, the films producers had included snippets of Ponzi Bank facts.

I was quite surprised to see a light hearted comedy end with this serious message. Did anyone else watch/notice it?

5. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Yup remember seeing it at the cinema. Thought it was awesome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvuDGyUkzoI[/youtube]