Insider knowledge or what could really be going on

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by JulieW, Aug 24, 2012.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-ne...cks-invests-over-100-million-in-gold_08162012

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/obama-requests-europe-bail-out-his-reelection

2. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Some people are suspecting a US bank holiday a few days before the election... dont know if this is a majority view - i dont think so

3. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That will only happen if the men behind the curtains want Obama gone.

4. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Mike Smith covering margin calls? :p

I suspect gold will be a good play even if the price drops in USD terms. If the U.S prints more money it will accelerate inflation in China pushing wealthy Chinese into precious metals/Art/Wine ect.

I still believe the exit of Greece from the Euro is a nothing event the country's basically unemployed anyway. Traders will push down markets on the day though to gain on shorts then do it all again when they put in long positions for the rebound.

I'm still of the view that something else will trigger the next big cliff, something that nobody is expecting for example a bank in Germany or HK reporting they have no way to value their sovereign bonds or derivative contracts. Similar to that of BNP Paribas when in 2007 they stated they could not value their mortgage backed security's which triggered a wave of selling.

Australia may even be a harbinger for the next crisis, because economic data in China is fudged(only slightly better here really) we are used as a proxy for speculation on China. I believe Chanos has huge short positions on BHP and Fortescue.

It was interesting reading some conspiracy theory's about Soros being a Rothschild agent then reading recently he doubled his Gold holdings while Rothschild had placed massive short positions on the Euro(It's really the same position just executed differently).