There is not enough people buying silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by longtime silver believer, Aug 16, 2012.

1. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nice. Tones of 'unscrupulous bankers' in that one. Lucky stackers are the good guys.... huh?

2. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Exactly. Part of the whole point is that they are money. No point to holding money if you can't trade it for your wedding/car repairs/move interstate etc whenever you want to. Some of the guys need to trade in the last bit of their money now while some of us can afford to accumulate more money now.

3. warrenworthingtoniii

warrenworthingtoniii New Member

Definitely too few people buying silver for their own good, but no reason to convert one's dollars into silver-gold at once.

I tried telling a couple of friends about buying, but unless they have an interest in the topic in the first place, you'll get nothing more than an "I'll check it out." And I see a lot of people getting interested when unemployment and prices go up in the not-too-distant future.

4. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

prices are already up where i shop

5. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hope all are well.
    Went into AEJ here in Hobart today to spend some tax refund on a 10oz bar.
    None to be had, they rang Adelaide and they had none either.
    Plenty of other sizes and shapes to be had.
    Walked out to return another day.
    Will have to check sellers on SS and pay postage..

6. Walbertross

Walbertross New Member

For every 1 oz of physical that is bought, god knows how many oz of naked paper are shorted..

7. wrcmad

The exact same oz of naked paper that are longed...

8. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

there is not a need to know, you have your every 1 oz on your hand, its there with you. :lol:

one person can have many accounts with different futures brokers in many places...
    some certain people are playing the places games; ie book entries.

buyer and seller therefore can be one and the same, the beneficiary owner, the use in the book entry game from all sort of paper name co.

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

That's the better option in most cases.

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Those who dabble in paper - and therefore help to uphold this criminal system - will be duly punished in good time...
    and they'll be getting what they deserve too.

11. wrcmad

[​IMG]

12. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you as paper has been a valuable hedge for my physical and to deprive anybody of the option due to ideology is at best a disservice and at worst just plain stupid.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I think YKY refers more to the outcome based on reality, rather than any sense of morality.

To deserve your fate in this regard implies your ends are brought about by your choice of means.

If you dabble in the paper market and suffer a catastrophic loss when it unwinds, then there's no one else to blame but yourself.

The question of morality in your investment choices (after many property based discussions on SS) is really a moot issue here.

But I will repeat one of my favourite memes for those who assume there's such a thing as natural justice : 'No one ever said life was fair'

I assure you that at the end of the day those people we deem as 'evil', but hold the financial might of the world in their hands are very unlikely to be brought to any form of justice at all.

'They will get what they deserve' is simply what we tell ourselves to feel better about a situation which we deem is unjust from our own ideal of morality and yet, have no control over the outcome.

If it was the ultimate truth that what we perceive as evil in the world would get what they deserve in the end, then quite frankly, the world wouldn't be in the position it is now in the first place.

The ideal of karma has no further credence in reality than a lullaby that sends a child to sleep. Totally psychological.

Only those that reject the concept of objective reality and don't learn from the lessons of realism based outcomes will get 'what they deserve'

Those that choose blind faith over reality and that's just how the system is built and how it ultimately operates.

For sure, trading paper is how the world works right now. But if 2008 shows you anything, it's that a situation can change quickly and without warning. You have to assume that paper trades could leave you high and dry at any time.

Caveat emptor applies here.

14. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I'm just saying - if you're holding this paper when the music stops - then don't ask for any sympathy.
    afterall you know what you're doing, so you gotta accept the consequences when they inevitably arrive.
    Of course you most of the others on here are too clever to be caught with their pants down, so it's a win-win for you guys.

I accept my limits and admit i'm too stupid to know when the stinking pile of paper will collapse...

so i'm happy to be one of those dummies who simply keeps adding ounces whenever i have the fiat

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't think he'd do that. I think anyone who walks into short term SLV or ETF trades would be aware of the risks if they have physical on the side.

I think it's more about methodology and investment fundamentals more than anything.

You and I are not comfortable trading the paper markets because we are more risk adverse, but that doesn't mean everyone else is.

As long as you know the risks and are prepared to take the loss on the chin, I don't think it's anyone else's right or moral obligation to tell you where to put your wealth.

It comes down to balancing a little more risk for reward at the end of the day and that comes down purely to the choice of the individual.

I'm not sure lambasting people for making such a choice is probably the best way to go about it and let's face it, we already know the paper market long term is doomed too collapse. Every day paper manipulation lowers the price of physical is simply another opportunity for you to acquire and hold at sale prices.

If anything, you should thank the paper market players for doing their bit at keeping your metals on sale for as long as possible ;)

16. bullionfrog

bullionfrog New Member Silver Stacker

17. TsutoyaRei

TsutoyaRei New Member

Not in rush, i hope it'll go down first, before i stack enough :p

18. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Went to the markets instead.

Stacked up with foodstuffs, etc for the long term larder storage.

Can not keep Mrs Boneyard happy, you are not buying PM's!!!

Came home instead with a car load of stuff, toilet paper, honey, vegimite, rice, candles, hand charged torches, soap, toothpaste, matches, flour, band aids etc.

The price of these items are going up, but Mrs Boneyard still has a dig at me for this!!!

TIME WILL TELL............................................

19. Nukz

Nukz New Member

20. longtime silver believer

longtime silver believer New Member

Been talking to a couple of my bullion dealer suppliers/friends and there has been abit of a mini spike in PM buying. Seems very little buying going on at lower prices but as soon as the price rises bingo everyone rushes in.Just a thought but instead of all of us buying off each other,off e-bay,off coin dealers,buying secondhand/old silver so too speak if we buy "new silver" The demand might put a rocket under the short supplies and really lift prices.