China and India Numismatics in a Bubble

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by 1for1, Aug 9, 2012.

1. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Hi Yall..

I have been frantically picking up all antique Silver China and India Coinage and have seen the prices skyrocket by around 300% or more.. most chinese coins are already on the moon...

Do you think they will go higher or is this a bubble that will shortly pop... i personally dont think the indian market is near a high... i just wonder how much higher chinese stuff can go... the prices are already so breath taking.. i saw a recent article on chinese defaulting on high priced auctions after winning .. well the article was on chinese but the feedback was this was unfair as it wasnt restricted to chinese, just that it was chinese antiquities..

[​IMG]

1for1

2. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

Ask low in panda forum. He know a lot of old chinese coins

3. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

Of course. When? I don't know. That is why you should dedicate a few hours each day, subscribing to feeds and research about anything that will cause a surge to buy or sell if concerned about when the bubble will burst.

4. low

low New Member

Hi 1for1,

That is "Lao Kiang Nan". http://www.dragondollar.com/coins/tag//

I believe the prices of old China silver coins, especially the Imperial dragon coins (1910 or earlier) will continue to rise in the foreseeable future. The condition as well as the quality of strike really matters. Dragon coins with full dragon body command a good premium over one without full body.

The learning curve is very steep. Fake coin is one major problem stopping people from entering this market. Certified coins (mainly PCGS) have gained good popularity within China collectors.

If you want to enter this market, it is advisable if you stick to PCGS graded coin in Secure Plus holder. Check the image carefully against PCGS website. While NGC is preferred for modern China coins, they are not as popular when come to old China coins.

All in all, this is very interesting area, and also one area where you need to be financially strong if you are looking for better coins.

5. TsutoyaRei

TsutoyaRei New Member

No, i don't think the bubble will burst. ,It'll continue to rise and rise and rise, yes, it'll only rise.