2012 World Money Fair in Philly...Release of 2012 ANA Silver Panda

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by silverbulldog, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Ryaneod

Ryaneod New Member

I think I am going to take the 5oz I get and it will be my first coin I ever send to NGC . . . . Silver, would you be willing to PM me the NGC order form stuff so I can fill it out right? Only if you don't mind.

2. silverfever

silverfever New Member

Hi Ryaneod,
    Are you a member of the NGC? The form is available online. You can't submit unless you are a member. Also the cheapest way is to submit 5 coins valued at $300 each or below to NCS than NGC. It will run around $26.00/coin.

3. Ryaneod

Ryaneod New Member

Silver, I am not yet . . but I was going to join to do this and start it up. I can probably come up with 5 coins . . . . sooo NCS then NGC you say and it is only 26.00 a coin . . .hummmm

4. silverfever

silverfever New Member

Yes any coin with a value of $300 or below has that $26 special but 5 coin minimum. There are some other small charges like the $8 per invoice fee as well. If you are planning to conserve your coins first than just go for the basic membership.

5. YingYang4

YingYang4 New Member

This Philly ANA Medal is a stunner. Love the proof finish. Any Panda collector needs to have at least one 1oz and 5oz in their collection.

6. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

Sounds like a very cool show ... glad you guys enjoyed.

The medal is awesome and can't wait to get a few myself !!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. kingsing84

kingsing84 New Member

i would like to get one. anyone is willing to sell one for me? :)

8. kaz

kaz New Member Silver Stacker

+ 1

9. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

All mine are in for grading ,if you want one graded ,once they come back I will post, if you want an OMP, i believe they are still available at the show site, but delivery and tax is a little steep:) you might try e bay to snipe one http://anashowmedal.com/

10. kingsing84

kingsing84 New Member

Thanks for the info!
    How much do u sell for graded? :)
    Pls pm me. Thanks

11. jc888888888

dont know yet.......I have to wait to see how the coins come back from NGC, if they all come back with great grades i can sell the high graded ones for less ,if they dont............ then visa versa,part of the grading coins equation..........

12. kingsing84

kingsing84 New Member

Okay! hope your price is within my budget.
    :)

13. jc888888888

Interesting..hmmmmmmmm ,only handful being sold on e bay, none graded ,all omp coins selling for a 20%++ premium above show price,IMHO they launched this coin at a big well attended show,and collectors bought them in mass ,and are not selling. I think we are going to see a serious premium on these. If other ANA panda,s are indication ,I am surprized to see so few up for sale.

14. silverbulldog

silverbulldog New Member

I think you are right...I saw tons of collectors there through the whole day with a line at the booth selling them. Of the 4-5 guys i was talking to in line none of those guys were selling them.

I am pumped that i got to pick up a couple and will not let them go for any amount...they locked down and will stay that way until my son takes over .

i was surprised how quickly a few of them sold already and the prices on ebay are going up...seems like nows i good time to grab them up before they rise in price more...i guess this is the case with any limited mintage panda coins or metals.

15. jc888888888

pulled this from ANA show medal site: 5 oz gold ,19 of 99 minted where a lottery drawing to buy at 17,500usd ,read on:) I Saw the first PF 70 1 oz silver on e bay today 699.00

China Issues First PANDA ANA MEDAL Since 1989

Demand For The Philadelphia ANA Panda Medal Exceeds Expectations

When the doors opened for the ANA World's Fair of Money on Tuesday, August 7th at 10:00am, eager collectors raced to the ANA Panda Show Medal booth to purchase the first Official ANA Panda show medal for an ANA show since 1989. Within minutes, the ANA Show Medal booth was surrounded by dealers and collectors, with the line growing to 40 people at one point. A steady stream of collectors and dealers purchased the 1-ounce and 5-ounce silver medals. Hundred of attendees signed up for the lottery for the opportunity to purchase the prized 5-ounce gold medal, of which only 19 were made available. By noon the second day of the ANA show, the allotment of medals offered at special discounted prices to attendees was sold out. 1,500 1-ounce silver and 300 5-ounce silver ANA Panda medals sold in less than a day and a half. Simultaneous sales at ANAShowMedal.com were brisk as orders from around the world were received and remained steady even a week later. The 19 5-ounce gold medals also sold out to those lucky few show attendees that participated in the lottery drawing that was held Thursday during the show. Several were traded later during the show for over $26,000 USD. The 1-ounce and 5-ounce silver medals were also trading for significant premiums at the show and online. Additionally, the entire dealer allotment for American distribution has already been sold and over subscribed. This will make for a healthy after-market for these low mintage medals. The newest ANA Panda show medal was a tremendous success and one of the highlights of the ANA's World's Fair of Money in Philadelphia. anashowmedal.com

16. Ryaneod

Ryaneod New Member

JC, any chance of knowing what your graded ones are at yet?

Thanks!

17. jc888888888

I cant determine a sell for price until I see how the batch graded , I should have results in the next few days, there are no stats published for the 1oz coin in the NGC census as of yesterday to try and determine how they are grading, but I can tell you that 12 or so 5OZ coins where graded so far and the results have not been impressive almost 1/2 graded pf68 and only 1 out of 12 graded PF70 so if the percentage stays that low of pf 69, and pf70 on the 1 oz coins ,I sincerly doubt you will see low pricing anywhere ,if the signapore coin is any indication ,the 5 oz did not grade well ,and the 1 oz did far better.......

18. Ryaneod

Ryaneod New Member

I am looking more at where the 1oz are at. Since you have one for me in there! ;)

I have my 5oz and 1oz in OMP sitting in my coin storage, waiting for the premiums to start going up.

19. Ryaneod

Ryaneod New Member

20. jc888888888