Quick question from the uninformed, about coin album pages.

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Ag-ness, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Ag-ness

Ag-ness Member

Hi there, all.
    Is there a quick reference somewhere as to which pages go with which coin, without having to measure the coins?
    I see lots of looseleaf Renniks pages on the 'bay, but they say CR30 etc and no mention of which coins that goes with.

Also, I've had no luck finding pages to slot 1oz silver art bars into, so if anyone knows where to get them, I'd appreciate it!

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good question, google isn't much help, let me look at my albums...

50 cent coins are in 5 pockets across by 6 down, so 30 coins per page. Coins do come out if you hold the albums upside down.

1/2 pence:7x8, 56 pockets

1p: same as 50 cents

3p: 8x9, 72 pockets

6p: same as 3p (maybe I should get a smaller size for the 3p)

1s: 7x8, 56 pockets again

2s: 6x7, 42 pockets

Crowns: 4x5, 20 pockets

20 cents: 6x7

5 cents: 8x9

10 cents: 7x8

$1: 6x7

$2: 7x8

did I get them all?

I really don't like the Renniks pages though. You have to ask yourself if the coins are worth protecting and putting in albums. If they are you either put them in a 2x2 and into an album or you buy some quality pages. Coins fly out of the open tops of the pages whenever you turn them.

If it doesn't matter if the coins get dinged when they fly out of the pages then is it worth the expense and effort to protect them in the first place?

Why are you collecting them in the first place? For future sale? In which case get the 2x2s and the 2x2 pages, very safe.

Just for fun, I would still buy the better pages.

Don't get me wrong, rennicks are good for storing loads of coins for a small cost but I have now got about 17 albums full of coins worth face value at most and I have spent $$$ on pages and albums, I will probably take them to the bank and cash them in just to get my shelf space back. The good coins are in numis coin pages.

As for the 1 oz bars, I have mine in Cigarette card albums http://www.cigarettecards.co.uk/storage.htm , more info about them here http://forums.silverstackers.com/to...let-for-1oz-silver-cougars-ase-kooks-etc.html you can get 10 to a page which for thin plastic that is about all they will hold without sagging!

3. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

Jislizard, are you using PVC?

4. Ag-ness

Ag-ness Member

Basically, I started out buying an ounce or a handful of pre-dec at a time, therefore have no whole tubes of things. I have a box full of things in individual airtites, flips and 2x2's and I'd just like to be able to admire them without having to dig through the box. The coins are fine but the packaging will look like a dogs breakfast in no time if I don't get it organised properly.

I don't have enough for it to be challenging my available shelf space yet. I'll get the good pages you mentioned, as it's for long term storage. I'm in buy-and-forget-for-a-few-decades mode at the moment. :)

5. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am not sure that Rennicks does the softened PVC which can damage coins but I am still coming across cheap products which reek of PVC so it pays to be careful.

Buying online is a bit of a risk when it comes to that.

I ditched all my PVC pages a long time ago but I had to clean a lot of coins with acetone, they will never be the same!

6. Ag-ness

Ag-ness Member

I should probably get the first few packs from the coin shop guy, then see if I can get them online. Online queries often go unanswered and they often only have one brand to sell you anyway.

Thanks for the advice, Jis! :)