Stacking Silver in Brisbane

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Silversun, May 25, 2012.

1. Silversun

Silversun New Member

Hey Stackers,

It seems that if you want to buy silver from a bullion dealer in Brisbane your aren't spoilt for choice that is if your are trying to keep it local. Ainslie Bullion Company in Brisbane City seem to be the only real good option. Every time I used Ainslie Bullion i have used their online store and have received the goods next day, which is a pretty good service.

From reading some of the forums regarding Ainslie bars people seem to be hating on them for their ugly appearance.
    I don't think they look really that bad.

however if its going to effect my investments liquidity it is a little concerning.

It will would be good to hear from anyone who is stacking silver and gold in Brisbane and if you could share some of your thoughts/experiences that you think could be helpful, maybe sharing things like your preferred dealer or online store.

2. reggie

reggie New Member

My preferred online dealer is KJC. Liquidity is one of the reasons I was going with American Eagles. I have now switched to Perth Mint Koalas due to their legal tender status in this country. I only buy 1oz coins for gold and silver.

3. Kawa

Kawa New Member

The more I learn about resale and liquidity ( not that I have sold any silver to date) the more I see that Ainslie are the best bet in Brisbane for Silver Punters that want to just buy bullion and have the security of quick resale when required.

4. Silversun

Silversun New Member

Just having a look at KJC pretty reasonable pricing I wonder how much the freight and insurance would be to Brisbane may not be a viable option, I am thinking of getting some 1966 50c Coins = to 100 Oz Ainslie are doing 1kg lots by memory i think you need about 4kg to make 100 oz :D

I was thinking of going with maple leafs they do have the Queens head on it which may help for liquidity. I haven't purchased any coins yet but i will be saving up until i can purchase 100 of them in one hit.

Scottsdale Omnia Silver Bullion Coins are pretty pimp.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for the quick reply

5. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

Silversun, nothing wrong with blobs buddy, it just comes down to liquidity.
    In zombie apocolypse scenario nobody is going to pay more for pretty bars and coins everyone just want blobs... well, even the once pretty bars n coins will turn into blobs after numerous paranoid tests on them... look out for hacksaw marks - good tell tale sign

if you reckon the outlook is good for humans then keep away from blobs, if you reckon outlook is crap then stack up cheapest gold and silver (try to keep with the 999 hallmarks though)

6. Silversun

Silversun New Member

lol I dunno maybe I am just easy pleased but 999+silver is 999+silver regardless if it is perth mint or some other small company,but I guess you are buying the perth mint brand and reputation that goes with it.

But i think my Ainslies look pretty sweet.

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Bazil

Bazil Member Silver Stacker

Wow! yeah nice bars fella

8. stumars

stumars New Member

i have just started stacking, and have ainslie bullions too.

they do the job i reckon,

that wasnt you in there yesterday was it, my gf went to pick my order up and the person next to her was laying down 50k on bullion

9. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

SilverSun,

Have both Ainslie and 'pretty' Ag within my stack. He's my thoughts I shared previously why I don't see Ainslie bad buying.

As mentioned,come the big event, 1Kg Ainslie will have the same 'value' as 1Kg Series whatever rare a Rocking horse shyte. Why? no premium for the rarest metal - it will be melted down and turning into whatever has the greatest need/demand.

F2F trades during such time's as the big event is likely to involve nitric acid to check the said substance. Your likely to be open to a buyer checking the Ainslie but how to you feel about that rare proof's finish once the acid is finished doing its thing?

Core test (drilling holes and Nitric acid test the swarth) are as above point two - sounds extreme? already had the question asked and tested before my eyes. Sale was successful.

Being a Brisvegas SS, Ainslie is happy to take his bars back at the listed price. When he's short stock, the offer is pretty good IMHO - sale price isn't that bad either compared to other dealers (that said, there's good times to buy and bad times to buy from Ainslie)

Finally you have shown a pic of some of the best 'ugly' bars I've ever seen! Either mine were poured by the work experience kid or the QA has stepped up to near PM levels

Oh and welcome aboard!

10. Silversun

Silversun New Member

Hey yeh sweet to know others are getting into Ainslies, anyone care to share photos. I haven't been into to the Ainslies store, i have just used their online store because they have next day delivery.

50k i Wish :D :D i have started stacking around the same time i made my silver stackers account account. I turned a portion of my savings into silver. I would love some more gold i only have 1oz of Ainslie ingot of gold Until i reach my 1000oz of Silver Goal gold will have to wait. 400oz and still stacking :p..

11. reggie

reggie New Member

I was quoted $36 freight for 100 Koalas via AAE. I ended up buying 200oz and the freight was $56.98.
    I think Maples are a good choice, they are the only silver coin that is .9999 (others are .999) and they have the highest legal tender value of all silver coins at 5 CAD. They are also slightly cheaper than Eagles and Koalas. If I wasn't buying Koalas I'd be buying Maples.
    I like the design on those Scottsdale rounds. Note however that they are rounds, not coins, and as such have no legal tender value and may be harder to sell in the future.
    KJC buy back all the products they sell which is a good sign to me. The Russian central bank will NOT buy back it's own gold coins. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCg_3d3A5ZA.

12. Igor_SPb

Igor_SPb New Member

Silversun, don't know if you've been to any dealers in the southside, but last week I made a purchase from a new slick store called citygoldbullion (across the road from Garden city) and found their service very prompt and professional - they offer you drinks etc while your shopping - and I saved $55 on parking... thats what 2 hours in the city cost me few weeks ago when i doing a bit of gold silver shopping.. thats at least another 1oz silver coin in my pocket!

Nicer than my old dealers from the mother country.

13. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Hey Igor, I've seen these guys plastered around everywhere - are they associated with CityGold Pawnbrokers in the city?

Regardless, I'm going to have to check them out sometime. It's an alternative to Ainslie, whom I do love, but a little competition never hurt anyone hey?

RD

14. Levant

Levant New Member

Each 1966 round 50c coin weighs 13.8 grams and is 80% silver. It therefore contains about 0.3416 troy ounces of silver. This means that 3 coins is just over an ounce, or for your example, 300 coins is roughly 100 ounces. (actually if they all weigh 13.8 grams, then you only need 292 coins to make 100 ounces.)
    As you said, that many coins is about 4kg total weight.

Ainslie will sell you the coins by weight in any amount, I think I bought 0.57kg from them, they just then charge 0.57 of the kilogram unit price. They are fair, and should round up the weight to the next coin...

15. xag

xag Member

16. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

AAAHH we see what we want to see :p

17. Jash

Jash New Member

A bag of what? Nah man, it's just some.... Oh look at the pretty shiny things. They're so beautiful... did you say something?

18. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member