silver 2009 kilo koala

Discussion in 'Silver' started by pandamonium, Jul 18, 2012.

1. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

Sent my 2009 kilo koala w/ 34,947 mintage to ebay seller panda_moneya or # 200794766399. Should be up in a few hours. Is there a large supply of kilos? Are the kilo koalas in demand? What price range will it bring? Have photos. Should I cancel the sale and hang onto it?.............Thanks for any information........... :)

2. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've never seen them more than $50 over 1kg bar price , so if you got good $ for it .
    I'd take the $ & run
    Spend the profit on more oz's ;)

3. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

OK and thanks for the price estimate. Right now it is about $900 w/ a day or so left to bid. I thought kilos were the desired size of silver worldwide but maybe it is 1 oz. Think I will buy more Modern Chinese silver as supply in the US is very low. ..................

4. Jash

Jash New Member

It's a 1kg coin which has a very different appeal to 1kg bars.

10oz coin is about the largest I'd buy. Got plenty of 1oz, 2oz and a couple of 5oz coins. The larger the coin, the harder they seem to move.

If the price per oz weren't so bad, I'd stack more 1/2oz silver coins. I just like them in that size.

5. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

I think you are right as the 1 oz, 2 oz and 5 oz are popular. When silver breaks the $50 oz barrier then the 1/2 oz will have their day. I like the design and detail on the big silver coins. My friends have 3 kilo silver pandas which are some of the most stunning coins I have seen. The silver kilo Koala up for sale is a good one. $970 w/ about 17 hrs to go. Every collector/investor should own at least 1 heavy, low mintage kilo or large silver.....................

6. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

1 oz gold demoninations sell more than 1/2 oz gold demoninations at $1,600 IMO. So no, I don't think $50 will shift the majority away from 1oz silver coins.

7. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

Agree, mine is a 1KG 2000 Sydney Olympic one in the Jarrah display box very nice :)

8. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

Most people are going to be shocked at the future price of precious metals. So that is why the 1/2 oz will be popular due to upcoming high prices. In the US I encourage all to buy 1964 older junk silver dimes. It is the smallest form of recognizeable currency that is made of silver. About 10 to 12 dimes per troy oz of silver. The 2000 Sydney Olympic kilo is a good choice. My 2009 Koala Kilo sold for a little over $1,000. That was my only kilo. The good news is I got my 1988 12 oz PF 69 silver panda and paid $1500 from very good ebay seller pandausa. Depth and detail. My favorite silver coin in the collection. I have become a Chinese coin addict! It is easy to do. Every collector should own one MCC, modern Chinese coin. Other favorites, Auzzie, Canadian, Mongolian, maybe a few US coins too..........................