selling silver is a major mistake

Discussion in 'Silver' started by silvercomments, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Kawa

Kawa New Member

LOL..Auspm's shortest ever post also.

2. Kawa

Kawa New Member

C..I know you are a student of fixed interest and therefore interest rates.I have an offer to lock one of my investment properties in at 5.89 Fixed for one year or 5.99 for 2 or 3.Will they get lower?

3. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ask yourself whether you are willing to risk taking on the banks at their own game? Who do you think will win? :|

Just my 2c

4. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

Now didn't I just say that nobody can pick the bottom? ;)

Interest rates are relatively low. I'd be quite happy to fix for 2-3 years at 5.99

C

5. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why do people keep going on saying how good we have it right now, saying we have big screen TV's and we have 2 Cars with modern features and all the whiz bang awesome new tech that makes out lives so easy. Then to be an Australia it's even better because our incomes are soooo good compared to other places in the world. I'm soooo sick of hearing this, seriously if anyone thinks they got it so good then feel free to volunteer to pay more taxes then....

Now not trying to bash anyone nor do I think Australia is not the best place to live right now, clearly it is. It's just it could be so much better. Decades ago families could live on one income and it didn't really have to be a high income and they could support 3 - 5 kids on that income they didn't necessarily have to work O/T and weekends just to cover living expenses. Go back over a hundred years ago and we didn't even pay income taxes, the government was funded soley by Duties and Tariffs. We still have the Duties and Tariffs now but we also have Income Tax stacked on top as well as Capital Gains, Carbon, Corporate, GST, Property, Excise, Fringe Benefit, Inheritance, Superannuation Taxes. The Government has grown so large in size that it seizes the value of technological ingenuity that would have otherwise gone to all to prosper. What good is all this tech when all it really does is allow you to work harder and you don't have the time to enjoy it. I'm mean we could still have one incomer earner today supporting a 7 family household comfortably with the Large Screen TV in every room as well as the second Car etc. if we were not getting taxed to death from an ever growing Government. The Private sector creates wealth and prosperity for everyone while the Government can not create anything, the only thing a larger Government can do is inefficiently re-prioritise capital. It is not the items we enjoy today that were not around yesterday that puts the financial constraint around the size of our families and the free time we have to enjoy ourselves, it's the size of our Government.

If we measure our lives solely in the time we have to spend with our families then we are truly the poorest generation in history.

6. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

is money the measure of wealth ?

i have bugga all and never been happier, the more money i get the more money i need to take care of the money i have its very distressing really.

i am happy i can go and enjoy a quite day fishing or one of my other hobbies that don't cost much but bring great pleasure.

my spirit is wealthy

7. Revolutionary

Revolutionary Member

Travel to almost any other country outside of the land of Oz and you will understand why people say how good we have it right now. I agree with some of what you have said and disagree with other parts. You said "The Private sector creates wealth and prosperity" but at the cost of who and what? We are being taxed from the damage that the private sector has done to the environment all over the world. We were told privatisation would increase competition and lower prices when all its done has been to make these services and unaffordable luxury for some. Yes some corporations are more efficient than government but their motivation is not the health or wellbeing of the people, it's about nothing more than a profit, everything else, their image, their human resources, their public relations only exist to protect the true reality behind it. Yes big government is a hindrance to productivity and things may not be as easy for the average Aussie family as they used to be but this is all part of the wider plan of stretching the gap between the rich and poor. The big boys want us on a level playing field and it's much easier to lower our living conditions than to raise the living conditions of the rest of the world. But the average joe doesn't notice this with their LCD L.E.D 3d TV's, blu ray players, iphones etc all paid for with government handouts with the intention of propping up the economy for another month or so.

If we measure our lives solely in the time we have to spend with our families then we are truly the poorest generation in history. Hell yes. But we can beat this by being like more like our previous generations and not give into the illusion of the need for useless luxuries we don't actually want. Can't buy happiness with a shiny car, big house or expensive electronics made in 3rd world countries by over worked underpaid people striving for our level of unhappiness. Happiness is a way of life not a destination.

8. silvercomments

silvercomments New Member

well, well... $30 is brewing and it looks like a beginning of a stronger move upwards....

So today I want to ask - did anyone here sell silver?
    Just curious...

9. AQ

AQ New Member

Have yet to sell any... or even buy more.
    Still trying to grasp a better picture of what is taking place before making a move

10. 97guns

97guns New Member

11. Hectorthehero

Hectorthehero Member

So we are working more (two wage earners)..... earning more(two wage earners) have lots of consumer goodies and if your lucky a home, 2>3 cars? How many are owned outright? I'd be interested to know what demographic income/household type needs 10,20,30k of credit for discretionary spending to get by, on top of all their wealth.

If two people working full time need credit well theres your problem. The people gets whats the people wants.Compromised poll driven populist Governments worldwide that just cant say No. Longer terms and regular plebiscites.

12. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

It's no use having "top 10% of income" if you expenses are in the top 1% on earth!

Simply stated - earning seemingly big amounts of money does not translate into a higher standard of living if living costs are the highest in the world.

savvie??

13. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

really intelligent

14. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

+ 1000 000

At least somebody around here 'gets it' ...

I'm also so tired of the morons pronouncing how "rich" we all are... what utter cr@p!

15. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

This drivel sounds like a sockpuppet for BigAD or Peter ...

16. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

".We are really rich.And we complain all the time,and we are unhappy and we want more,more and more."

17. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

On the contrary, Big A.D. and Peter usually argue for increased taxes, more wealth redistribution, greater regulation of the unwashed citizenry, blaming the citizens rather than the financial interests, indulge in mental gymnastics to justify the benefits of government programmes and generally defend the Big Australian Democracy that has the middle-class in its vice-like clutches. I think if you read that post again you might find significant difference to that kind of position.

18. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Macro-economical assessments tend to be either Keynesian, Austrian or Erroneous. I'm always happy to challenge a Keynesian if there is one in the room?

19. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

sorry, but i read these words differently to you - to me it's a justification for government theft of private property for the "greater good".
    and besides - why are we complaining? just do without the luxuries of the 21st century and then you can spend more time with your family ...like it used to be in times past.

sorry, but i dont buy into this drivel. you cant justify big government to me - and the resultant theft of the assets and earnings of private citizens...

20. warrenworthingtoniii

warrenworthingtoniii New Member

Government could be no less 'profit-oriented' than the people it supposedly represents.

Of course, profit is the basis for all our actions, even for those who want to escape the 'capitalist' lifestyle. Profit is not about money, but what goes on in one's mind; this is why people trade their money at all for goods and services that satisfy them.

Discovering that there is something more to life than "the easy life" is not a lesson to be given by an entity premised on violence, which is what taxation and regulation amount to. A people can only be as wise as they are, and government could not improve on this.

Oh, and to stay on topic, it would be have been dumb to sell silver a couple of days back!