Will there be any SS stackers if price goes to $250????

Discussion in 'Silver' started by errol43, Jul 15, 2012.

1. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

Spoken like a true stacker.

2. mike titanic

mike titanic New Member

My thoughts?If silver gets close to $50/oz,there will be a stampede of sellers trying to get even or make a few dollars.If there are a large amount of sellers,silver will hold at $50 or even take a dip because of the glut of product available.I wont be selling but will hold on to what I got.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I find the idea that silver is a bubble an interesting one here.

Pretty much all market intervention to create bubbles in modern markets are designed to accelerate the price of the market.

With PMs, it's actually the total inverse. All action present by authorities and financial interests is actually in the aim of destroying the price.

How something can be in a bubble when every effort is made to suppress the price honestly baffles me...

4. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

By the the time its $250 oz, $250 will be buying what $50 buys today. Easy.

5. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

lol.. the perception at 250 would be "How cheap!" ... 1/8th the price of gold..

The general populous is so into mob mentality and MTV that they think silver is only 1/5 the price of gold.. not One 60th... so yes people will ironicially pile in at 250!!!

LMAO there will be less complaints about the expensive storage problem..

you guys seen reasons why gold is BETTER??? cos its sooo expensive it makes storage cheaper cos you get sweet FA for your fiat..

Silver is rubbish at 30 an ounce cause you get so much it literally takes up whole areas of your house.. what a fraking joke... just like,...

silver is used in industry so if demand goes down in china then silver will tank... hang on.. so now its a monetary and industrial metal thats a negative>???? because it has double demand means gold is better cos it just stays above ground and accumulates as bullion or jewelley...

Silver is useless cause it gets used in war and industry and above stockpiles have fully diminished.. that makes it useless as there is less available supply so we cant all have some.. how useless.

so much flawed thinking its got me thinking 1984 was 28 years ago and we are well far on.

At $250 silver will be cheap as chips... at $30 its to combersome and cheap and nasty.. i only want it if its $250 so i can buy less and my stack will be small (which is better as storage can be dangerous and costly).

6. Bulawan pilak

Bulawan pilak New Member

After last years high, Silver has dropped for some time.

If Silver goes to $50, it is entirely possible it will last there for a day or two as people will be selling to make a small profit.

I think deciding what to sell at $50 will be the biggest decision of most SSers. If $50 is hit will it

a) continue on up
    b) go back down?
    c) will it be manipulated down with sentiment screaming that it should go to the moon?

Answer these questions and you will make easy money....... who has a time machine.

7. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

at $250 an oz for silver you wont see me for the dust trail I have left behind. I would be cashed in and enjoying myself.

8. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

Big fish?? I'll bet you own more silver than I do!

I'm merely making the point that stackers are human and the herd mentality is what drives any market.

Silver stackers may be the ones in the right boat at the moment but they will behave no more rationally than property or sharemarket investors when things start to really heat up.

Fortunes will be made and lost, the same as everywhere else.

C

9. Jash

Jash New Member

The percentage of silver stackers in the population is tiny. I'd guess that $250 silver would mean maybe the number of people buying silver has tripled.

Once everybody wants a slice of the silver market because they saw on 60 Minutes that it's the investment of a lifetime, and that it's supply cannot keep up with demand, the price of silver will be whatever those who hold physical say it is.

Last year when it climbed to almost $50, there were shortages of investment billion in many places. The run up to $250 would make supplies even tighter. You'd be lucky to be able to buy more than a few ounces at a time.