I wish I never bought silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by BootyBandit, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sorry I hit "Thank" when I meant to hit quote and TBH I also regret hitting quote but anyways best of luck to you. FWIW the advice about choosing the Airforce over Army is very sound but then I'm 40 and I'm keenly aware of past football injuries.

Anyway - were you in the Department of Transport at the time that story happened? What stopped you from being the hero? The lack of a uniform?

2. BootyBandit

BootyBandit New Member

I find this highly unlikely due to the chain of command

edit: But thanks for making me lmfao anyway

3. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7 grams. I concentrate on the little bits others leave behind.

Doesnt matter what size they are, it all adds up. Some win the big lottery prize and find the big nuggets, but around my way (Central Vic) most of the ground has been done to death by generations of prospectors and miners.

Anyone can have a go and get lucky and find a large nugget. It hasnt happened for me yet, but in the meantime I'll keep adding to my stack of littlies.

[​IMG]

4. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Are you saying you want to be a Great World Leader and so need to join the Army? Or are you saying that the Australian Army shared the culture and values of the Roman, Napoleonic and Macedonian armies of old and will endow you with the mental capacities equivalent to Ceaser, Napoleon or Alexander?

You might be right you know, I don't think I do understand. But then if you GIVE UP before finishing your explanation you might never fully articulate what you mean.

Why don't you just try and focus your attention for a moment and think about what you're trying to say; why you aren't good enough right now, how this miraculous army of yours is going to make you something else, into just whose image will it recreate you and what you will do once you quit.

5. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That is awesome, I am envious..... :)

6. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I want to buzz Big Tassie ;O)

7. Bulawan pilak

Bulawan pilak New Member

Invest only about 10% of your total assests in gold and silver.

Tell all your friends that it is a great investment ready to "go to the moon". Hold onto your gold and silver. Either two things will happen.
    The price will go up due to a lack of new silver being mined or you and your friends and all here on SS will force the price up by a group sentiment.

It is very annoying when you see the price drop. It is more annoying when you calculate what you could have made if you purchased Apple shares around the same time you brought silver and gold.........I could have made $148 750 by now if I brought and sold Apple shares.

The funny thing about all the analysts who are saying Silver and Gold will explode are the same people who did not see Apple shares explode.....if only we
    had a time machine.........

8. Silverginger

Silverginger New Member

Just to add my 2 pence...

Me and the misses have 3 kids a rented house 2 cars and 2 dogs
    Between me and the misses we bring in 30k a year ish
    At the end of the year we have 0 (No holidays either)
    Savings 0 (Apart from recent investment from Ladybug. Thanks Ladybug)
    That 4k of yours is where we would love to be in regards to an investment, sit on it..... Really just sit on it. I mean it's got to be safer than in the banks nowadays. Especially them fiddling the Interest costs. To$$ers

After seeing things sell for stupid money like LP's (Records) cars, and Ornaments that i used to have but thought it would never be worth anything. DoH!! Ow FFS!! Fancy Micheal Jackson Dying!!

Thought it might make people put things into perspective, 4k's nothing in my eyes. We've spent that in cars and repairs just this year, And there just going to become rust buckets

Your a pirate!! plunder all you can!!! or just walk that plank and do something else!! ouar jim lad!!

You could always invest in the lottery?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

It's not good to buy a long term investment that you may have to sell in the short term. Be long and stay long is best.

10. Silverginger

Silverginger New Member

I wish i could get a metal detector and make a map of Oz, the best us brits could do is Coke can

11. Turk

Turk Active Member

BB, there are alternatives to outright selling and realizing a loss at the current low price. Geewiz is correct above, but it's something we all do - extending ourselves into silver to get a better long term return.

Have you considered asking a friend for a small loan and just use some of your silver as collateral? e.g. You hand over say $5K in metal for a $4K loan (say) and also perhaps offer the person a reasonable rate of interest for a secured short term loan.

You pay off the loan and interest owing when some cash finally comes in and you get back the metal and you don't lose your current position.

If I had the readies I'd be glad to offer you or anyone a service like this - but unfortunately - all my readies are sort of tied up in a certain white metal at present!

Just remember - you are not alone! Practically every silver purchase made anywhere in the world over the past 14 months is currently underwater. My current 'paper' loss is significant - yet I sleep very well at night.

If I didn't have my stack I would lie awake at night and tremble!

12. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

More info please?

13. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He meant Darwin......

14. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

Think he might mean Darwin, close but no cigar

15. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A US base near Hobart? Is someone going to start fishing Penguins in Australian Waters or something?

16. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

lol @ this thread

17. boyracer

boyracer Member

18. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wait a year or three and we may see the real cry-baby threads with titles such as:

"I wish I hadn't sold all my silver at $26.XX".

or

"I wish I got out of XXXX bank/credit union/super fund/(other paper investment) before they went under"

or

"Please, can some one sell me some Gold/Silver. I'll pay double spot."

19. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Wait until the new QE2.5 is announced very soon..... It should get both PM's moving into more realsitic prices....hopefully!

20. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll give a simple two sentence surmation on this thread :

1 - Precious metals investment are a wealth protection tool, not a wealth creation tool. Commodity vector considerations in Ag aside, if you went into the PM market on the recent rapid rise purely for short term capital gains, you came in for the wrong reasons. Ag is the most heavily manipulated commodities market in the world today... you'd be either very naive or very brave to stake your investment dollars on predicting the top.

2 - I measure my stack in ounces, not dollars. There's a breakdown here in understanding and appreciating the fundamentals on precious metals investment. That's why I'm 100% physical long term with a cost average purchase approach. If you're still looking at your PM holdings from a fiat value perspective, you're honestly looking at it wrong.

That's my 0.2oz