Can we have a UK section please ?

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by Photonaware, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

Please ... please ... give us Brits ( Poms, Limeys or whatever you want to call us ) our own category in the International section.
    There are several good contributors to the forums but we often get lost and buried in the stuff that bears no relevance over here.
    We also suffer from 20% VAT on purchasing silver and we need to be better able to pool our intelligence & resources together in our unique environment. Sharing news on deals, sellers, dealers, eBay etc would be great and not bore the pants off you in the Southern Hemisphere.
    Many excellent comments on the main forums are entirely irrelevant to us.
    There is also a lot of banter in forums and we definitely would like to see the wood and not just the trees.

If asking for a UK section is too much then plan {b} is to request a European section to get started.
    At least this would be closer to home and inside our time zones, not to mention season - summer / winter.
    No point putting us in a dead zone, where we are at present - it does look pretty weak right now and because of this it is not interesting to us.

I also believe we can build our swaps and trades much better if we are able to start something local.

Hope to see a new section, fingers and other body parts crossed, hoping for a real result soon.

Many thanks.

2. Photonaware

Please go to the Questions & Answers section and support the creation of a UK category in the International forums.
    There are many good contributors from the UK but we have local issues that tend to get lost in the stuff that is not relevant to us.
    Also our ability to swap, trade or compare notes is pathetic compared to what is done in Australia.
    Our own section would create relevance & focus and help enormously to the benefit of all Brit stackers.

3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Looks like you're going international GP. Time to get a commentator!!?

4. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

"Silver Stackers United" :D

5. Reggie Perrin

Reggie Perrin New Member

To show support for my fellow Limeys; +1 to the posts above, although I'm happily camped out in the Panda forum, so if its too much trouble... if nothing else it'll stop us whining about VAT in the other sections :)

Another thought, how about a Europe buy/sell subforum? We don't have customs issues shipping silver within Europe so being able to spot these trades can save us many silver tokens

[Ladybird: 11.8? So who was the .8 visitor?]

6. Photonaware

Keep 'em coming !!

7. Photonaware

Got to keep adding something to keep this post visible so it doesn't end up in the archived garbage.

8. Deano3

Deano3 New Member

im going to find it now sounds very good and i agree when trying to learn everything is in dollars etc would be good to have uk based section

9. Deano3

Deano3 New Member

+1 posts above i am new and uk section would be VERY VERY VERY helpful to be able to find out deals and local offers etc

Great idea photonaware
    Dean

10. Photonaware

Hi everyone in the UK.

There are quite a few good UK contributors to these PM forums but we tend to get lost in the noise.
    Whist I enjoy reading the banter in various forums a lot of it doesn't apply to the UK or others in Europe so I am trying to drum up support for our own sections.
    Here we can post topical stuff that is relevant to us, not excluding our friends down under at all, merely a filter so we can all benefit.
    As I really don't know how to persuade the site administrator to create a UK section I am hoping he or she will catch a few exchanges and believe it makes positive sense to enhance the forum which is truly great already.

Just wanting to make it even better and give the Northern Hemisphere an opportunity to join in.

11. Photonaware

Come on stackers !

How about getting our own section for the UK, or if not, for Europe !

The USA and Canada has theirs but activity seems low relatively speaking.

Let's enhance this site and keep all the relevant, good stuff in a filtered section so we can all see the wood from the trees !

Okay we love the forum as it is but too much material is not applicable in the UK and vice-versa.

Knowledge is power but we have to avoid the overload as well.

Too much irrelevance dilutes interest so let's push for a local section in the global arena.

12. SilverMark

SilverMark Member

Probably not the smartest idea repeating the thread 4 times if you want GP on your side for this one

13. Silverginger

Silverginger New Member

Pretty please as we have to put the brunt of 20% Vat which ruins our enjoyment so places where we can get a reasonable price for anything from trade to sound advise from UK only members would be a very good tool for us UKstackers

14. Silverginger

Silverginger New Member

UK section please.... :p

15. 2003dve

2003dve New Member

Nice one Photon, I'm up for a UK section please GP if possible.

Just want to say that I love SS and am sooooo grateful for being allowed here in any shape or form. I have made friends with some truly sincere and beautiful people on here that I would love to meet here in UK or if I ever got the chance to go to their country

Keep Rockin'

16. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

Sounds like a good idea, if for no other reason than the fact that this is the third time this topic has been started today!

17. Photonaware

Thanks for responding.

Could you explain your suggestion of adding tags please.
    Sorry for my ignorance but best get it right first time.
    Was hoping GP might consider a UK specific request a sensible suggestion without the need for a petition.
    All the best.

18. Photonaware

Correct - started in 4 totally different sectors hoping it would get noticed before it is buried with all the other stuff.
    Give fellow stackers an opportunity to comment.
    Threads can get lost very quickly so got to make an effort.
    Thanks for your comment.

19. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

This sounds like a meritorious idea. One of your comments in the "Silver" forum about the UK posts being "lost" in the medley, sure rings true to me. From what I've observed, its definitely more challenging for the UK guys with respect to silver.

Silver Stackers is *one of the very best* forums in its genre on the Internet, and my view is that it will only strengthen and cement SS position as such, if goldpelican was to proceed with this suggestion. Maybe even the best? Have seen a few others, which are only dim shadows of SS.

Good luck UK guys.

EDIT: I'm not sure what the best option might be... it kind of sounds like you want a Trading Forum, but due to some of the issues, you also really need some UK specific STICKYs in the forum.

20. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member