Australia Post Office Tracking System is a mess[shipping silver]

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Cinvalo, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

Hi i had a terrible experience with Australia Post office and i am totally pissed of with their tracking system.
    I placed an order with Bullion Bourse and expect to received my shipment today.

I have registered the tracking system so i expect to know how is my parcel going.

today i take half day off work coz it said DELIEVRED TO M CHU. So i went to the post office, the lady short at me , your parcel is already collected coz it said Delivered to M CHU
    WTF. How could one possibly fake my identity and collect my parcel??
    Miserably, i went back to work, (takes me 1hr and a half though). in the afternoon, i check the inbox again and said Awaiting Collection at KINGSFORD POST SHOP KINGSFORD NSW
    but Delivered to G GANA??
    What the hell?? Does that mean my parcel is delivered to another person??
    Normally the post office would have a blue letter asking me to pick up after it said awaiting collection. NOTHING!??

Anyway i will have to take the morning off again! just to find out this crap.

28/06/12 11:19 Delivered to G GANA KINGSFORD NSW
    28/06/12 11:06 Awaiting Collection at KINGSFORD POST SHOP KINGSFORD NSW
    27/06/12 11:03 Delivered to M CHU ALEXANDRIA NSW

Please let me know if you guys has this problem before.
    If i dont have the parcel tomorrow i might have to contact the police.

2. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've only ever lost one parcel & that was recently ,it was an ashtray not bullion.
    I sent the ashtray registered & the tracking number comes up a total blank ,I've lodged a complaint & I'm still waiting
    I only send things platinum xpress & I have a PO BOX & they know me well at the PO

3. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

But how could it delivered to another person? Unhelpful. Rude. Poor Services. Australian Post Office is an international sick joke.

4. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The result from a lack of competition :mad:

5. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I had the same deal with Star track Express....went out to the depot at the airport as instructed on the card left in my letterbox..when I getz there, the pill-bandit behind the counter apologies and tellz me it's actually at my local post office (ironically at the end of my street).

I wasn't too p!ssed, the hilarious interaction I had with this kid (who called me 'dude') as he struggled to find out what had happened made it all worth while. This kid had an Afro like a beachball! :)

What I hate is when the Aust Post delivery guy fills out on my collection form that someone else may collect my packages :mad:

6. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

I've had a similar experience as a seller where the tracking system showed that my package had been delivered to shock horror someone else other than the intended recipient. I did a quick email to my buyer and fortunately he was honest enough to confirm he had received the package contrary to what the tracking system was saying. A few days later without having brought it to AusPost's attention, the tracking had been updated and showed it had indeed been delivered to the original recipient. So it all ended well for me but potentially could have caused me lots of problems. Hope it all ends well for you too.

7. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Always request Registered be "scanned on lodgement" - otherwise it may never be actually ever scanned until delivery is made.

8. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Im still in se asia atm & a package took 15 business days to get here . I went to the post office 4 times & lmao at the guy looking in drawers ,filing cabinets. under papers & everywhere else but the pile that had the name of the town im in . :lol: i was sure it was never going to appear & get put in ome of the piles of thousands of undelivered letters. There is no delivery service you have to pick up everything .

My girl walked out pissing herself laughing seeing xmas cards & valentines cards still there. .

9. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

51 silver dragons potentially gone (crying...)

10. Clawhammer

Don't cry yet...invariably they always turn up! Give it 1 more day to get out of their vans...and into the post office.

11. Sumerian

Sumerian Member

My Dad has gone home with a parcel not for us before as we share a PO Box.

He gathered it was for me until he got home.

Bullion Bourse insure their orders, but Australia post don't cover bullion, so unsure how that will work.

12. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I had like that before. Looks like postal workers signed for your parcel to sign the item out of the scanner.
    You will get your parcel ready to pick up tomorrow.

13. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

Thanks for all the comfort brothers and sisters. I will definitely post their photos on this thread "if" i get them tomorrow.

14. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Aus post have been pretty good most of the time, except......

Collected a parcel yesterday (finally) that took over 2 weeks to get from NSW to VIC.
    It arrived with a 'insufficient postage' sticker on it - guess it might have sat in an in tray somewhere for 2 weeks.
    Had pretty much given up on it and was getting ready to ask the seller to open an investigation with aus post that very same day.

It really depends on the individual people you are dealing with.
    I got a PO box because too many letters destined for my home letter box never made it.

My PO box lady is really good and looks after me and knows me by name.
    She has even picked up when a parcel for me was incorrectly addressed with the wrong PO number.
    Best thing I ever did.

15. ShadowPeo

ShadowPeo Member Silver Stacker

Same for me, to many just didn't turn up the PO people know me by name, on a couple of occasions they have corrected addresses, and when I have been on the motorbike and ended up having a large parcel they have held it for me so I could get it another day. Best 142$ I spend each year

16. SULLA

SULLA Member Silver Stacker

Australia Post prohibits bullion in all services.
    http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/dangerous-prohibited-goods-packaging-post-guide.pdf
    Scroll down to Section 3, subsection D3.3 BULLION (page 15)

Bullion is lump or bulk metal, pure or impure, refined or unrefined. Bullion includes ingots but
    excludes manufactured items, such as jewellery.
    Australia Post prohibits bullion in all services.

17. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Its kinda funny how we have to pay AusPost for the privilege of saving them the trouble of delivering stuff to our homes...

18. Clawhammer

So what happened Cinvalo?...did they turn up?

19. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

No. They didnt turn up. I went to the post office today and spoken to the post office officer. According to his info they said it is with the delivery guy but my email said collect at that post office!! No Blue Picking Slip in my inbox. I am just using email.
    Eventually i ask them to direct the delivery guy to send it to my workplace.

This can probably goes to Post Office Joke Book for generations:
    1 When the post office send you an email saying collect the parcel at post office, it can still be somewhere else in void.
    2 Tracking system can shown another person pick up your parcel.
    3 Post Office Officer themselves even agrees that the parcel is picked up by another person and suddenly they tell you it is with the delivery guy.

So in conclusion, i did not receive my parcel today and as a customer all i could do is to hope the parcel will arrive next week.

20. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

Up till now i still havent receive my parcel yet. This describe how good the services is.