Buying experience at Ainslie

Discussion in 'Silver' started by dragafem, Jun 15, 2012.

1. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was visiting the above mentioned store today.What an experience I had! First of all they let people in before me even I was there before them with my number in my hand. Honestly,I really felt discriminated probably first time in my life.Strong words,but yes.They ask for ID before they start to deal with you so my name says a lot:) Anyway,finally I got in.

The person who served me was rushing the whole sale as I was absolutely not important for him,handled me as a low-class citizen. He refused to check and show me whatever coins they have bought back from the public today,claiming they are really busy.So why am I there? I might wanna buy those coins if I like them,but no,he did not check it.I think my money just as good as anyone's.Seemed like not in this store. When I told him what I wanted he did not know if they had that still in the store.He was kind of surprised.Well,excuse me who's working here?Shouldn't you know your inventory?

John,who handles the inventory was the only helpful person there but the rest......

Anyway,I never wanted to go to this store but I thought I will give it a try after spoke with John a couple of days earlier and he was so helpful on the phone. Their prices are good but I never ever go back there even if they sell silver or gold for free!

Thanks for reading:)

2. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's a real shame dragafem...I have had hit'n'miss experiences with Ainslie.

The numbering system was devised to stop those not used to the Australian custom of being polite and pushing in. If you've ever been to a ticket que in Deli train station you'll know what I mean :)

I know they give preference to buyers over sellers, but seeing as you were a buyer that really is poor form. Unfortunately if the person who delt with is whom I think it is..... you're wasting your time complaining to them :/

3. Kawa

Kawa New Member

When you said that you felt discriminated against.Are you non-anglo in appearance or have a non-anglo name?

If this is the case then I would never support such an attitude .

If I have misread this.Please disregard my comment.

4. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I feel bad for you that you received bad service there. That's straight up

The times I've been there I've been treated well. That's as a buyer and a small time one at that.

But in the interests of full disclosure my experience with them was quite some time ago now. Today I just buy from GoldStackers and Aurura et Luna as well as the occasional seller on this fine site. That's because I like to give business to people that treat me right. Not saying that Ainslie treated me wrong however I loathe travelling to the CBD.

5. Mickroy

Mickroy New Member

I haven't been in for about a year or so. They didn't have a numbering thing going then. I did observe that they needed one, however. It only took about 3-4 people waiting before someone started pushing in.

I reckon the wait is the best part but. Provided you have the time, you tend to meet some interesting like minded people!

I felt the service was ok, but agree that when they are busy you probably don't get the attention you deserve.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

dragafem that sucks dude. They don't deserve your business. And because I believe you, they won't be getting any of mine. There's plenty of fine dealers out there. BB and maggie for example.

7. dragafem

I guess only the name but maybe its a sin if you look good:)

8. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They're probably from NSW

9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Well i ordered some perth mint kg bars & asked if they had them in stock & was told yes & got delivered some ainslie bars instead ... Hmmm nice work guys .

It was all apologies & offers to replace them when some pm bars come in but i said dont bother you shouldnt have sent me the others in the first place when i actually rang & asked on the phone if they were in stock

That was the last time they got any of my money.

10. dragafem

you buying bullion spending thousands and not shoes for $50,you deserve the attention no matter how busy they are.good customer service will bring you more business...

11. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

l know what you mean by being rushed, but that tells me something ;}

12. dragafem

the other person who was called before me was also a buyer:) I did complain just to feel better:)

13. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Lucky we have SS then.

14. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Manners at Ainslie. Why wouldn't one of them get off his arse come to the locked door and open it for you rather than gesticulating directions at you while you get flustered trying to work out the mechanism? To put you at an instant disadvantage? I'd open the door for anyone if it was my place and there was anything at all unfamiliar about getting inside, and this is a place of business. It wasn't just me the customer after me was sheepish about it too. I could go on and in fact did but deleted.

15. dragafem

they did not jump the queue,they were called by the stuff...

16. stumars

stumars New Member

the old mate john, looked at me weird cose i was wearing hoody (hood not on), shorts and skate shoes.

yes these type of ppl can buy bullion too. he kept staring at me like i was going to rob the joint.

when i collected my order, i swear he gave me a shitty looking bar to spite me. wont be back again.

17. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Just be aware of the heightened state of security awareness that bullion dealers operate under - if you DO look suspicious (even if it's a generational thing), don't be surprised if you are treated with suspicion. When you're working in an environment with six, seven, eight figure sums of highly portable valuables and cash that are subject to occasional violent attempts at theft, *everyone* that walks through the door (or stands outside of it) gets a once-over security appraisal.

There was an incident in Melbourne a few months ago where a dealer was held up at gunpoint and relieved of a five figure sum - we take security matters seriously.

I've refused to open the door on a client before - spoke to him afterwards, I don't care if it's cold outside, when you're waiting to get let in to a bullion dealer, don't keep one hand in your jacket pocket to keep it warm!

At the Gold Stackers office, we have to wave people in through the first door - because the vestibule is a security trap - you can't come through the first door without the second one being locked, and can't open the second without the first being locked.

If you think it's paranoia, you're right - but there have been workplace deaths in armed holdups before.

18. Nitro

Nitro Member Silver Stacker

I have met Dragafem a few times and I can't see why anyone would consider him suspicious
    My first trade was with him, and upon meeting him all my nervousness dissapered

19. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Was referring to stumars experience (in post directly above mine).

20. dragafem

with all due respect,seems like this story going different direction...I was not talking about that I DO look suspicious or anyone,simply I felt I was mistreated. If we are talking about suspicion,no offense but the guy who was served before me although he got there later would have looked suspicious:) again,no offense just a reply to GP's comment.

Seems like these bullion stores are getting worse than the police(suspicion-wise) just because they handle large cash...and who takes the hard-earned cash over there? we doI actually want privacy as customers.

I had no problem with security and I was not talking about that!I actually prefer privacy when I buy bullion.That is no one else's business but mine.I would have preferred to be behind closed doors in the office....

I know what was the real problem with me.Young,handsome,Caucasian,well-dressed guy wants to buy something what the stuff who works there can't afford:))))