Storage Solution

Discussion in 'Silver' started by theiain1, Jun 15, 2012.

1. theiain1

theiain1 Member

OK so I'm a bit OCD and like things neat and tidy and never been happy with loose coins n rounds lying around stacked on top of each other.

I have now found a home for my coins and rounds. :cool:

[​IMG]

These Air-Tite coin capsules / holders offer a great storage solution for 1 oz sized coins and rounds. They are also a safe and easy way to mail or simply carry your coins around.

The holder accommodates 20 (twenty) 38 mm to 40.6 mm coins / rounds (naked - not in individual Air-Tites)

When the coins / rounds in the tray and the unit is sealed they won't move or rub keeping your precious.... precious :)

You simply load the tray, the top half seals shut and is secured with the two black end caps.

Never scratch your coins again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I bought these from OS and in bulk to make shipping cost worthwhile and am selling the rest on feebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AirTite-...tDomain_15&hash=item19d18846b9#ht_1461wt_1188 (blatant plug :p)

If you're interested shoot me a PM - happy to pass on to SSers without the feebay fees ;)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Cool looking tube and nice photo's. If I was in the market for coin storage holders i'd buy one. .. I'm sure they'll sell.

3. Xizang

Xizang New Member

I've seen those. I'm thinking there's a lot of wasted space inside, between the individual coins. I suppose if you're taking your hoard along with you on road trips and such, you wouldn't want the coins rubbing against one another. But for my needs, I prefer keeping them in the densest, most compact space. I use the plastic tubes where they all stack on top of one another, and there's a snap-on plastic cap. I don't bounce or vibrate my bullion coins around much - they just sit there in their strongbox until I open it to add more each payday.

The only exception would be the few US Morgan dollars I bought just as collectables. I keep them in their individual transparent plastic sleeves and never touch them.

4. Metal Magnet

Metal Magnet New Member

nice holders...i guess im not ocd enough for that. but they sure look pretty in it!

5. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

You think you have OCD. I was going to buy theses when i saw them a while back until i relized that my coins would need to be naked to fit in them. Yep thats right I wanted a holder that would seperate coins that were already in individual air tight capsuals.
    The other thing i've read about these tubes is that the feet are designed in such a way that you can stack them on top of each other and they don't slip off, is that right.
    I think these are a great idea for us small fry who need to build the stack slowley befor sealing up a full tube, keep the coins in good nick till you have enough of them. :)

6. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The above tube is soo cool, but without the capsule.. Arent the silver coins toning faster?

7. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I saw those on the website and was very tempted.

They are for mailing coins, you can post coins without individually wrapping each one to save time, it would give quite a bit of protection for the journey.

What stopped me was the disclaimer..." Not recommended for long term storage."

This leads me to believe that the coins will be damaged if they spend any length of time in the mailer. This is a company that makes coin supplies, if they wanted to make one for long term storage they could, they are telling you not to, I would heed their advice on this one.

8. theiain1

theiain1 Member

Heres a pic to give you an idea of the size of the unit:

[​IMG]

These do stack pretty well but i wouldn't say the feet are designed for it.

[​IMG]

I just did immersion test in water to see how 'air-tite' these actually are.

They are better than i expected - they almost seal, only a one or two small bubbles over a few minutes.

9. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

That being said I would suspect that there made from PVC then.

10. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1. I was thinking the same - PVC.

11. theiain1

theiain1 Member

These are made from polypropylene

12. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Polypropylene should be perfectly safe, no softeners in that as far as I know.