The truth behind being a Royal Silver Mint member.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Dusty, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dusty

Dusty Active Member Silver Stacker

If people can remember I posted on here about the poor service that I had received through RSM and was at the end of the road when doing bussiness with these guys when Brian the CEO posted shortly after that he was sorry and would fix my order and deal with my concerns well let me follow on from there and remembering that it was months ago.

After posting on here Brian sent me a email telling me that he was sorry and that he should have my order fixed and sent in approximately 2 weeks and that my order would be one if the first to be sent.
    I was happy with that and than left the matter alone.

After about 4 weeks and a few more emails that I sent off with no reply I found out through Maggie that they were having some problems and that the orders would be delayed.
    Ok I can understand this that's bussiness even though I still hadn't received a reply from the mint.

Weeks later I sent some more emails to RSM ( no reply ) and by the way I'd payed for this 200ozs.

Than one morning at 3am my phone rang and Dante was on the other end and gave a apology for the lateness of the order and a apology and said that he'd send a Dirham for the invoceniance.

Ok.

Many weeks later again no Dirham no coins no replys from either the CEO, staff no one???

After I'd absolutely had enough I sent a heap of emails asking why I should ever buy a product from them again and I was sick of not recieveing a reply and not received a coin from the order I'd paired for?

I than got a email from the CEO saying that he was sorry and that he'd make sure he'd talk to the people that I was sending my emails too.
    I than forwarded on the emails that I had been sending to HIMSELF!!!

I got a apology and was told this would never happen again and that the coins are on there way.

I than checked my orders on the website and there was information missing so I emailed the CEO and staff to find out what was left on my memberships to spend so i could buy another couple if hundred ozs.

The CEO emailed me back and said that he'd find it out and to give him a couple of days????

Over a week later, quess what?

Yesterday I cancelled three memberships and will not buy from them again.

Let me tell you something else if you ever wish to get a membership that is false.
    On the website it says that if your a member you get the opportunity to buy the new release coins before anyone else .
    It's not true. You have NO privalge to do so your even lucky to receive your coins at all.

Honestly your better off paying the extra money to get them through Maggie and "wait" .

By the way as I understand it the coins are on there way :) but as today I still do not have coins that I paid for many many months ago as a SPECIAL RSM member so I apologies to the people that have bought these coins off me as I've seriously tried everything in my power and it's become one of the most embarrassing things I've had to deal with so Perth Mint, Aurora et Luna you guys will be getting the 15+ thousand that I'd normally be spending with RSM on top of what I already spend because you guys KNOW how to treat your customers so thank you to you.

Quess what? No reply.
    T

2. Boyo

Boyo Active Member Silver Stacker

I am so disappointed to read this :(
    Have been following the RSM saga (and I do mean saga) since a member posted about them over a year ago Brian seemed to have the right attitude with regard to his business plan and the ideals of the company looked tickity boo,BUT his response to problems of the communication kind has been woeful to say the least
    I thought his Royal Silver Club was a "turn the corner "... start afresh type of thing.
    Wouldn't be surprised if the company folded due to a total lack of customers..
    Hold onto your 2010 Andean cats,people (if you were lucky enough to get them) as they could be as endangered as the mint that made them

3. Dusty

I cannot speak for others and I fully back there principles 110% and I love there purity and I do honestly feel for them in regards to there difficultys but communication skills o%.

I wanted to be a valued member and ONLY expected what was stated on there website (the opportunity to receive new releases before anyone else ) not true.

Like I've stated above, I've payed for coins not weeks but many many months ago and I have been told by the CEO that they would only be a couple of weeks away... That was a couple of months back.

I earge people to continue to buy there products and to support them through Maggie as you WILL get a response from her but I am only warning you of the dangers of becoming a RSM member because of what I've had to go through and when your told that your going to get a Dirham and that never arrives it's like there laughing at you or something I don't know :(

I just hope to get my 15k for my three memberships back with out problems?

To be continued.

I should add though that my coins have been posted within Australia I know this much, they still havn't arrived but I know they will be here soon, but after that no more ever, I'm off to the Perth mint.

4. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I too am having problems with RSC. I placed an order on June 5 and wired out the money. As of right now, they still do not show the wired funds in my account and they have not responded to my email from the other day.

Hopefully, Dusty gets his money and I get the gold macaws or a refund.

5. Twistie

Twistie Member

I had a serious wait to get the 2010 cats. I ordered them late November '10 and got them April '11. Sounds like the communication system hasn't improved from the time I ordered to the OP's experience. I recall sending numerous emails and although I got responses promising they'd be sent soon, at the end it went silent until I received a PM here that my coins might be in a lot this person received from Brian and indeed they were.

I got them in the end but a little more honest communication about when and how they'd be delivered would've gone a long way. I think they have the right intentions but for whatever reason they seem to have difficulties delivering when they say they will.

Having said that, I ordered some new ones through Maggie, so hopefully the wait won't be as long this time around.

6. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

I smell smoke...

7. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

Same experience when I did the first group buy for Andean Cats a year or so ago. Between the wire fees, delays, dealing with FedEx/Customs, was a terrible experience. Despite many many requests to do another group buy, I just didn't want to deal with the hassle.

Hope all works out for other members.

8. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

While I understand Dustys side, I also see the other side. I can assure people their orders past and
    present will be filled.
    Dustys coins are nearly there as I sent them myself. I respect Dustys position as
    I know he does mine. I know Brian is out of his office and will be for a few days yet. I see things a
    little differently, what I see is a man who is trying to do everything, wanting to do the best he can
    and promising to do it, but because he is only human, it is not easily achieved. I can only imagine
    how frustrated Brian must become with himself with all the high expectations he piles upon himself.
    I don't know many CEOs of any company that answer the phone, drive the employees home and do
    anything that needs to be done, in office, factory or field and sit all night minting coins for orders
    next day.
    When you place your order on RSC website remember there isn't an English speaking person and at
    the moment unless Brian is there you won't be understood or understand any recordings.
    We demand perfection so often, it just isn't that easily achieved within ourselves or in what we do.
    I do believe Brian has meant well but like many of us in life we just find bumps in the road along the way.
    Thank you Dusty
    Regards Maggie

I would like to add I have had many orders with RSC and I have not been let down once. Yes there have been delays,

but always perfection and order complete each time. 18 months speaks for itself for me.

9. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Would it be unfair to think that maybe RSC aren't doing a regular production line with regular supply etc but waiting until they get a large enough set of orders and cash to then start the process of ordering silver-paying for it-refining it-and producing the coins?

I mean seriously 4 months-5 months? WTF is wrong with them? There is seriously some very very large systemic problems with RSC. Sure you forgave them straight up when they first started up and had these problems and the CEO got on here and said his part but that was a bloody long time ago and it seems that nothing has changed.

I'm sorry Maggie, you are one of the first people that I would purchase from on this forum or anywhere else. But to make excuses for not having an english speaking person when he obviously has a large amount of english speaking clients is not good business practice for Brian.

Lets see option 1: Lose potentially hundreds of English speaking customers world wide for possibly ever because of not just imperfect but practically incompetent customer service or 2: Spend the few small dollars in the context it would cost to hire an english speaking bolivian to answer the phone.? What would that cost $5k a year? How much is he going to lose because of just this thread alone?

10. Dusty

I don't think that if you make a purchase through Maggie you will have a problem because if a hundred people go through one reprosentive it's easier for the mint.
    Maggie is or so correct Brian's life is that mint and I believe he works he's arse off but you don't need "perfection" to deliver what you advertise.
    If I placed a order and I got a email telling me that my coins wouldn't be delivered for 4 months etc I'd say fine no problems Ill get them in 4 months shit happens there having problems.

You do not tell people that you will send them there coins in a couple of weeks than disappear of the side of the earth.

You do not advertise to people to buy a membership and you can buy and receive coins before they get released to others.

You dont ring people at three in the morning and than say hey I'll send you a Dirham than disappear again and receive neither the Dirham or your order.

You do not apologies to someone for not communicateing with them and tell them that they will contact you in a couple of days and than disappear AGAIN.

There is a thing called PERFECTION but never ever have I expected anything near that and received even less.

11. Dusty

I don't think that if you make a purchase through Maggie you will have a problem because if a hundred people go through one reprosentive it's easier for the mint.
    Maggie is or so correct Brian's life is that mint and I believe he works he's arse off but you don't need "perfection" to deliver what you advertise.
    If I placed a order and I got a email telling me that my coins wouldn't be delivered for 4 months etc I'd say fine no problems Ill get them in 4 months shit happens there having problems.

You do not tell people that you will send them there coins in a couple of weeks than disappear of the side of the earth.

You do not advertise to people to buy a membership and you can buy and receive coins before they get released to others.

You dont ring people at three in the morning and than say hey I'll send you a Dirham than disappear again and receive neither the Dirham or your order.

You do not apologies to someone for not communicateing with them and tell them that they will contact you in a couple of days and than disappear AGAIN.

There is a thing called PERFECTION but never ever have I expected anything near that and received even less.

12. Maggie

Lovey 80. : ) I am not offering excuse, I am offering only how I see it and my personal experience. I might add I have experienced this same problem as

other people have with another mint the last 6 months, come to think of it two mints including Perth Mint. I find it is happening with the mints that are most popular and offer the best products.

I won't be saying anymore on the matter, I have said all I can say and how I see it. Don't wish to offend anyone.

Regards Maggie

13. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

Maggie is probably right; I too believe Brian is trying to do it all, and it makes perfect sense, as I try to do that and many times epic fail.

Hopefully Brian picks up on Lovely80's suggestion, just hire an English speaker/reader/writer to communicate with customers, if he has not done so already.

14. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

How is RSC responsible for funds transfers? Delay lays with banks. Can take up to two weeks international transfer.

15. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Sorry Maggie, I can see how my post could have been misunderstood. I was referring to Brian when talking about the excuse. It was just that you brought that excuse to light and I misworded my post. Appologies.

16. Maggie

Lovey80

No need for you to apologise, I was just speaking from my personal experience and from what I see from where I am. May I take this opportunity to

mention I have been placed in the back order que many times and not received special treatment. I also mentioned about two other Mints I have

seen with production and delivery problems that we continue to want to buy from, all have similar problems but Countries apart.

17. SilverMark

SilverMark Member

I'm quite a big fan of the RSM coins, and I think their efforts are commendable. I can understand the language barrier and shipping issues but it seems they still need to work hard to improve their communication based on all the posts I have seen on here over the past year.

If I could openly voice one single word of advice though that could solve 90% of their problems - Don't sell coins you have not produced yet! It is that simple!!! Clearly the process is not reliable enough yet (or this is a cover for other inadequacies such as overselling) so don't sell the coins until the stock is there ready to be shipped. Their business model needs a serious revamp if they are actually reliant on this cash-flow in advance on the coins they ship. I would think that the increased sales through retaining customers would more than offset the benefit of this cash advance over the long-term.

18. Dusty

I believe that Maggie could back my story as I've been in contact with her many times over that time with my concerns and she has helped me along the way and got things happening but I'm not asking her to.

Brian is also more than welcome to tell you all that it's not true?

To clarify any misunderstanding the 15k is for my three memberships and as I wrote before I only just cancelled.

It's all of the other points that had lead me to discontinue my dealings with RSM.

Brian is going to put on more English speaking people as he did tell me this himself.

There products are something special and the way that they produce them should be supported and if you wanted to become a member I'd encourage to do so if you knew that they could be counted on to tell the truth?

I've told you all why I'm not dealing with RSM and people do remember how long ago that I posted the same problem all that time ago and more problems have arose.

Some one asked about transfer times and I could only speak for all the times that I transferred funds for my products and it took less than a week if not less, I hope that helps?

19. Dusty

200oz arrived today.
    Thankyou Maggie

20. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

They are not saying they didn't receive the wire, they are not saying anything. Communication seems to be a very big problem for RSC. Maggies has explained that, other than Brian, they don't have an English speaking office person. Considering that a lot of their customers speak English, failure to have an English speaker on staff is not good business. The expense of the office person is small compared to the effect it is having and will have on their business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.