Ebay seller naomi01225

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Silver Bullion Boy, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Silver Bullion Boy

Silver Bullion Boy New Member

Hi folks, found this seller on ebay with some nice Panda's based in China, has anyone dealt with this seller before?

Cheers,

SBB

2. Chillidog

Chillidog New Member Silver Stacker

Naomi is fine, plenty of members here have bought from them.

3. shibaji

shibaji New Member

Yes, he is fine. No problems at all.

4. Lightsview

Lightsview Member

After XU Hong, he's the next biggest MCC seller on ebay. You can negotiate to do the transaction outside of ebay to save on fees.

5. silverfever

silverfever New Member

I find his prices a little high.

6. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

A little is an understatement :p

The offer button; use it!

7. Noomahn1

Noomahn1 New Member

Agree with everything said- seller has sold to a lot of the CCF forum members, has good coins. Can negotiate and should.

8. shibaji

shibaji New Member

Recently I have been communicating with few MCC dealers for China including naomi - and an interesting find is that the gap between target interest price difference is getting wider and wider. What it means is that choice of coins in general at China is different from in US (not sure about Australia), and same coin sells for more at different price in these places - it is mutual and something can be cheaper in China and expensive in US, and vice versa. This is known, but what is interesting is this difference in pricing is becoming very wide, opening up to a high arbitrage gain for someone who can do business in both halves of the World.

The general trend says China buying is going to overpower western MCC buyers, and drive/control the price due to sheer volume. With this in mind, and with the recent small downturn in MCC pricing, it is a golden opportunity to stock up few such coins that are cheaper outside China. It is not going to last long.

9. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

My observations exactly. This is why there are now so many new eBay China sellers (thincat00 etc) :p.

Cheap in China:
    Most of the Commemorative Bank Pandas
    98 Large Date S10Y
    95 Small Date S5Y
    04/05 Beijing Expo Pandas

Cheap in the US:
    Fractional Gold Pandas
    High-value Gold 5 coin proof sets
    Frosted 2000 S10Y

Expensive in China:
    Almost all NGC graded Pandas (crazy prices paid on some 67 grades...)
    Frosted 2000 S10Y
    Gold Pandas

Expensive in US:
    Commemorative Bank and expo Pandas

10. Dog

Dog New Member

Naomi is a good seller. He loves to negotiate. Play hardball wait him out. I almost always get a email a day or two later with prices that I can live with. His shipping is slow, very slow. I always request express shipping from him which costs $30USD. If you want your purchase by Christmas keep that in mind. I have bought thousands of MCC from him and will continue to do so. He specializes in sheets of fractional gold pandas and silver pandas so if thats your flavor he is quite a bit cheaper than Xu Hong.

11. Reggie Perrin

Reggie Perrin New Member

I traded with Naomi recently.. no problem's at all, and the goods were dispatched promptly. The only negative I have is the pics he posts are a bit small, so it's difficult to make out you're actually buying the right thing (the written description is good, but I do like to see what I'm buying.. just in case).

Oh yes, and as others have stated, make sure you use the offer button.

12. silverfever

silverfever New Member

Just wondering but what is a reasonable offer to him?
    20% off his asking price? Is that too much to ask?

13. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

no it is not :) start with 30% :) .................

14. Lim

Lim New Member

Thumbs up :p

15. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

hahaha
    thanks for members

im the naomi in fact
    any request just email to meas long as no loss more sure deal to u

16. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

TINNCAT in shanghai has been in ebay and china for very long time. he is no longer new player lol

17. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

And, THINCAT is an honest, helpful (goes out of his way to try to find hard to get medals that he doesn't stock himself), and very nice person from my transactional experience over the past few years with him.

Not to forget Andy who I just payed to get a couple of sweet looking medals from the other day...looking forward to receiving them!

18. andrewlee10

Tincat and noami both are good sellers.

I know both of them in person. Tincat kid is cute.

19. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Haven't bought anything from Naomi yet, but on China-Mint forum there are many good reviews about him.

I only buy from Andy (or Chinesemedals.com) and Thincat00 (Frank). Both are replying super fast and have very good knowledge about MCC. I sometimes feel bad that people are replying to me when it's probably very late for them (due to time difference).

Andy (and Bob) brought here many new medals that I probably wouldn't find anywhere else. They are also guilty that my savings are 0. :p

And I agree with mmissinglink about Frank. He helped me a lot (way more than most of the other sellers probably would) and it's an very honest guy. It's always a pleasure to work with him. I also think he is not "tweaking" prices, as some other sellers are doing when some piece gets popular.

Actually most of the stuff I order I order only from a handful of persons. Sometimes I wouldn't bother if I can save some money with buying from somebody else because I like to support excellent and honest business.

20. andrewlee10

My response will be slow in these 2 months due to work and so on. Too many non fiat (medal) out in Nov and December which we try to reach customer before Christmas.

We worry no one pick up the items during this festive season. Those late in order the rooster panda will only ship after Christmas except they agree and confirm someone at home to pick up.

We send the items from North of China which has no international airport so they need reroute to Shanghai, Beijing or Guangzhou which took a bit longer than tintcat, noami and seller with international airport.

few new projects also kick off by us which still in test and error stage. One fail in technical term. Another 3 is awaiting results. One has success which is the #3,#4, and #5 trimetallic swam and mandarin duck.

It takes us 4-6 months from technology testing, concept, concept design drawing till finalizing, contract signing and negotiation, engraving plaster die, transfer of plaster die to computer and minting die, prototype testing, modify die after prototype, minting processes scheduling, coa printing, box design and production, shipping, and on and on. Some even took us 1 year plus to get it done.

We can speed up and shorten to 1-3 months BUT quality and design will be totally different and the cost will be much cheaper too. This is not the results of our intention.