Taking bets for 5 year, 10 year silver !

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Argent47, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Argent47

Argent47 Member

Title says it all.

It seems it's all too easy for some people to get caught up in the wild claim that silver is going to par with the price of gold in a couple of years.

I'm sure that after watching youtube videos of 'analysts' boldly making these claims we have all dreamt a little of this happening ;)

To be honest, I would be happy if silver simply protected me from inflation for the next decade. In reality, I think that eventually investment demand and the ever increasing industrial demand will drive the prices up, breaking away from price manipulation.

So what are your (conservative) predictions for silver in 5 years, 10 years? Will it continually rise up, or will it pop and plummet back to earth by 2020? What are your justifications? What will be the state of the worlds economy?

(Yes I know there is no point predicting silver price- most of us will be wrong- but I just love these price prediction threads :p )

2. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

Going by the Mayan calendar, not much at all
    Cheers
    Alfie

3. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't ,another pointless thread :rolleyes:

4. Guest

Guest Guest

It's a question of context.

I think there's actually a really good case that if the global markets get much worse, the idea of returning to a sound money system might be the ultimate answer.

I know they're already toying with the idea in Greece and Mexico of having a competing currency and I think given enough public support, a daring leader might pull the trigger and start a chain reaction that will go down in history.

I am personally not so convinced we might have a 'price mark' for precious metals in 5 and 10 years against fiat.

In 5 or 10 years, there's an arguement to say that Silver and Gold will be the mainstay for the mainstream and it's the value of 'fiat' that will be the real question.

Mind you, with such a long history and a 100% record, I'll take a PM position over fiat any day and what's more, don't consider too much the 'cost' in fiat dollars.

To me (as a cost average stacker - when I can afford it!), the 'value' in terms of fiat dollars is only a consideration in how many ounces I can get at a time.

It's not so much a pointless thread as much as a chance to sit down and realign your thinking out of the mainstream and back to the concepts of value and money.

5. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

This pretty much this.

But in the interest of playing the guessing game my bets are......

5 years => Value of USD = < 1/100 oz silver
    Value of 1oz silver 1/2 a milking cow or two hoggets or 3 goats or 500 grams honey or an appropriate dowry on one pruddy lady

10 years => Value of USD = USD? is that that failed currency from the 20th century
    Value of 1oz silver = 1 silver oz or 1/25 oz of gold

6. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Grumpy old bastard- go suck a banana :cool:

7. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You think I was a bit harsh here :eek:
    I just hate prediction threads .I'd rather see " somebody pick the lotto numbers before the draw " :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. SilverTouch

SilverTouch Active Member Silver Stacker

If i told you id have to kill you :p

9. DoolBrevlis

DoolBrevlis Member

Nothing can stop silver's eventual upcoming history making new highs. Well, almost nothing. :mad:
    This run we are seeing with the dollar index should have been expected. Again, we are in an election year! They will do their best to make up this dreaded economy as stable, but it is only temporary. They need their leader re-elected, and he will be. But after this November, expect changes. I think you will be glad you stocked up on silver when you could have(now).

10. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

People tends to think linearly not exponentially and relatively, projection of tomorrow price base on recent price movement and put a certain upper and lower limit of the price.
    I think Everything will run pretty slow and normal until the day it does not. Look at the spike of gold , a rise of $67.92.
    A person in 1971 where gold was around $35/oz would probably call it insane.

Same as today, a few dollar fluctuation of silver price is meaningless as i project in this coming year, you will probably see $10 or $20 movement in silver or even higher.

Anyway my message is Try NOT to think linearly and Try to think Relatively"

11. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

sorry mmm....shiney! but I'm with spanner :/

12. Bunker

Bunker Member

sorry, hihosilver, but I'm with mmm... shiney

13. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Sorry Bunker, but I'm with Megan Gale