Unknown Chinese Silver Art Bar 5.4 oz

Discussion in 'Silver' started by brando090, May 28, 2012.

1. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Looks like Lard to me... or non colored margarine, better taste nice for $2500

2. silvstack

silvstack Member

lard? margarine? but i got it from ebay's dairy category! now i'm really starting to freak out!

3. silverbulldog

silverbulldog New Member

this thread just went from bad to worse...As others said Brando you need to learn a bit more before buying 5.4oz bars of metal that are not even silver.

If i were you i would start by buying American Eagles & Canadian Maples first...once you get to know what silver looks and feels like then you can start exploring interesting bars.

when i first started into silver i read a ton before buying anything...and since then i have not purchased one fake coin or bar yet. Knowledge is key in this game and if you want to play sometimes you gotta pay...don't always be looking for some deal under spot because its not likely to happen. Many times i see people get sold on fake silver just because the price was cheap and they thought they were getting a bargain...instead of a bargain they got taken for a ride and completely ripped off.

Silverbulldog

4. silvstack

silvstack Member

silverbulldog i think you give brando too much credit. i think he started this thread as a joke, to toy with sympathies and indignation. consider that he said he paid $45 an ounce for an unidentified piece of metal and didn't share an ebay link, just a photo, and then alluded to alternatives like not paying or having the seller test it ... absurd, right? hence the wisconsin quarter pound bar! of course, given those facts, he should pay, right? besides, that will be a better 'lesson' than all your advice about how to start out. besides, knowledge is not key, an ounce is an ounce if you are stacking.

5. silverbulldog

silverbulldog New Member

Hi Silverstack you are probably right but when somebody says they are new on the forums i try to give them the benefit of the doubt...i know at one point i was not very knowledgeable and wish i had some guidance like i do here at that time. I guess i fall victim to the trolls on these sights sometimes...i thought something was a bit off but i posted without thinking to hard about it.

As for a stacker i am one but i also collect so i draw a fine line between my base stack and my collection coins which i buy just for myself and my enjoyment..not for investment purpose.

6. brando090

brando090 New Member

Thank you for your imput, after reading i have went through my coin collection, not knowing that they were silver, and found out that a 1/3 or so of my collection is silver. If i could upload pictures, i could show you.

7. samboyellowsub

samboyellowsub Member

Title of thread answers your questions, brando.