2012 end of year crisis: What will happen to silver and gold?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by lynsilverbullion, May 28, 2012.

1. lynsilverbullion

lynsilverbullion Member

2012 is an interesting year.
    There have been rumours of it being 'the end of the world' so to speak, rumours of a major impending US Debt crisis, rumours of financial and economic disaster, rumours of famine, hunger and soaring living costs following the upcoming carbon tax next month, and further rumours and speculations about the impending rise or decline of silver and gold that may consequently result from catastrophe...

What are your thoughts on the above issues with respect to silver and gold? What are your thoughts on the end of this year and the implications it may have on both the cost of living and on the prices of precious metals? How much silver/gold does one need to feel safe? What do you think the fate of 'fiat' and of our government will be? Where do YOU think are we headed - this year, next year and in the many years to come?

Any thoughts/suggestions/questions/advice welcome...

:)

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Has a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy about it. I would not put it past TPTB to get a hold of this rumour try make it fact and be there to rush in and save the day. Like all those GFC vomit ads with some old sheeple whining about how the banks lost all his money... the same banks running the ad??!?!

3. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

they will throw their silver and gold onto the streets
    bullshyt
    cost of living will rise regardless
    price of silver will be supressed
    price of gold will increase
    enough to keep you sheltered, clothed and fed - all else is bonus luxuries... i suppose for every week you want to be 'safe' you should stack 0.3 grams of gold per person, or silver equivalent of 12:1 ratio (too technical to discuss how i got this figure)
    end and end
    new global universal electronic currency will be introduced
    new centrally global government, and each nation will answer to the head
    this year = meh, gold will rise to $2500 ozt, and 15% aussies will start lining up for food stamps. silver will still be sub $30 ozt

next year = gold will remain stable at $2500 whilst silver will decouple and run up to $250 ozt... JP Morgan will threaten to take down world economy if the competition do not either merge or fold their hands... ron paul will be assinated... obama sits as world president again in Euro... germany announces war on greece... mars turns out to be just another lifeless planet

years to come = you and i serve as slaves to our self elected pharaohs

we are doomed, but keep stacking in hope... expect the worse and hope for the best... never go all in for anything - never have all eggs in same basket... enjoy life...

4. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

..there are no governments....

5. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

Just want to check the bolded part, at $1600/oz for gold, 0.3g is $15.43... for a week? Even assuming gold were $2500/oz as you suggested later, this equates to $24.11 per week?

6. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

$24.11 is how much you will have left to spend each week when the carbon tax kicks in.

7. reggie

reggie New Member

Careful, you can get fined for saying things like that!

8. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

why are some of you still comparing gold to fiat? WTF you should not be doing this to work out 'value'... instead compare with actual goods and services

btw, Zimbabweans have tried and tested just how much gold one needs to pay bills, water and food ;)

9. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

^^^ therefore this really highlights how overpriced the rental real estate is here in australia (when compared to 0.3 grams of gold) :lol:

10. crafty09

crafty09 New Member

The EU will be smaller for sure. Greece is already making moves towards an extremist dictatorship, with Italy and Spain following, I reckon. Portugal might leave the eurozone too. People will flock to gold in this crisis.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/the-...tmas-is-not-20120528-1zff0.html#ixzz1wDnxwerU

In short, nothing will happen of any significance other than a few crazies wailing at the moon and an interesting astrological event, proving yet again a large portion of the global population are fkn idiots.

...and these people vote.

12. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

[​IMG]
    Truth is stranger than fiction... or summing

13. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

but im a fkn idiot too :/

14. upandaway

upandaway Member

Next few months will be the real scare across the board all markets. A lot will be shocked how low gold and silver are hammered and get scared out of positions. I think gold $1300. Silver I have no clue, just lower after this little pop, $26 breached no problem.

Ben will save the day end of year with QE3, we could see the metals start to rally very late year on this. I have no idea where they will end the year. Don't think the real Yankee currency crisis hit until late 2014 into 15.

Taking a lot of patience, I've my eye on some of those 1 oz Noah's Arks, the wait is killing me.

I could be totally and utterly wrong, but I hope 2013 is good for everyone at SS they've been waiting long enough to put in the order for that Porsche! :)

15. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Nice and low for September release of snakes would suit me just fine :)

16. upandaway

upandaway Member

TG,

I've got 3rd quarter pencilled in so that might do ya :)

17. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

I wonder how many of the fat cats who hold power well above what their ability deserves believe in this 2012 hype?

For me a pleb stacker who goes to work each day to enjoy myself, earn a meager income, stack as much as possible away for the future and feed myself. It's not really relevant as long as I love the life I live and I am prepared for the worst case scenario as best as possible.

What about the politicians and beurocrats who have been kicking the can down the road for years?

If our current leaders believe they only have to keep the ball in the air for another 7 months or so that can totally create the situation without any further input.

What would you do if you were a high ranking official in your democratically elected government? Publicly print money as fast as possible, but privately do as many shady deals as possible and sink all the bribe money into PM's? Thats where I'd be heading.

18. Goldmember

Goldmember Member

Mate if youre driving a Porsche youll be attacked coz the poor will think you have money....lol

19. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

Gold will be $2500 by December 2012. Silver will eventually get to $60-$80 but not before gold touches $2500. By 2015 gold will be somewhere around $6000 to $10,000 and silver ?

In short, if you are going to use gold/silver ratios, you may want to think about the possible relevance of other ratios:

9:1 is the ratio of silver to gold annual mine production
    6:1 is the estimated ratio of economic gold to silver in the ground (USGS)
    5:1 is the estimated physical ratio of all silverware, silver/gold jewelry and other stocks above ground (according to CPM Group)
    1:1 is the year-to-date ratio of investment dollar demand.
    1:3 (more silver than gold) is the physical ratio of gold and silver coins/bullion

Kind Regards
    non recourse