2012 MCC's... what's still to come?

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Reggie Perrin, May 20, 2012.

1. wllee

wllee New Member

Being a newbie here, I don't think I am in a position to vouch for thincat00 but I'll just share my experience dealing with him:

Purchased 2 x 100th anniversary boc pandas from him off eBay. Only to realised that I screwed up my postage address a day after I made payment. But thanks to his prompt action and replies to my emails he was able to salvage the situation and get the shipping company to change the address to the correct one. So right now the pandas are on their way over. Will know by this week if the items are shipped to me. Will update again when my babies arrived.

2. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

thincat is ok ,like any dealer, do your research, and know what you want to pay,I had him hunt a couple of things for me... he shipped promptly and the coins where good ,keep in mind guys he is in Shanghai, you cannot always use e bay as a price guide when determining if a guys prices are too high, as I am sure Yennus will agree ,some MCC in shanghai are quite high ,and some items there are bargains to be had............ so you pick and chose the best place to buy.he very well might be quoting you good prices by Shanghai standard market prices China has a crazy amount of people making a crazy amount of money who are desperate to invest in other asset classes to diversify out of RMB ,and they love the shiny metal :) they always have ,it is a nation of gold horders ,and now with new found wealth there is a scramble......good for us in the long run , if the chinese population could access Ebay USA easily,you would see MCC prices skyrocket overnight ,but as Yennus probably can explain better than I ,there are payment issues, incoming customs issues, currency conversion issues ,that present barriers to the mainland Chinese population buying overseas.

3. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

. Its truth. But i use pricepedia prices in china for chinese too. The six coins omp ask china is 450 uss.

4. wllee

wllee New Member

Just a update:

My 2 x 100th Anniversary Pandas arrived safe and sound on Tues. The package was well packed and thincat actually use a tape to secure the capsuled coin to the box. Upon removal, the tape actually left behind some tape stains on the box. These stains can actually be removed easily with the use of Zippo liquid (lighter fluid). At the same time I noticed a faint milk spot on one of the coins.

So I decided to email thincat about the issues on the tape stains (to prevent future customers from facing the same inconvenience and also to share the removal technique with him in case he has similar feedbacks from other customers) and also about the milk spot.

He was totally cool about both issues and was so apologetic that I felt bad sending him the email. He offered to exchange the affected coin with the shipping thrown in. I must admit I am very impressed with his after-sales service and will be looking forward for opportunities to purchase stuff from him again.

Would just wanna clarify that this is not advertise thincat's services but a sharing of my purchasing experience with him.

Cheers. :)

PS: If anyone has the tape glue stains issues, you can drop me, Lim or Alexsio (hope they dun mind, :p) a PM and I am sure either one of us will be more than glad to email you the steps to clear the stains.

5. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

I got the tape thing too. I thought he taped the boxes so it'd rip when you pull but it was only over the bubble wrap and the internal case.

Easily 'removed' glue stain without a problem, didn't need any lighter fluid or alcohol.

Can't fault the guy though, quick delivery and pretty good guy to deal with.

He definitely packs coins better than some other people I know... I'd rather deal with a little bit of tape than have my coin floating around out of capsule rolling around in a furry box absorbing a million micro scratches.

6. Lim

Lim New Member

Any quick tip ?

7. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Not really. I must've been lucky either because it wasn't stuck too long (quick delivery) or I didn't get as much tape as you guys.

I removed the tape and only a small part of the glue was left on the case.

A simple and quick wipe removed it using some Japanese wipey things I had lying around.

8. wllee

wllee New Member

I agree totally that the items were well packed. The coin boxes were kept snuggly in another paper box with sponge cushions inside. This eliminated the possibilty of clattering sound made by the coins which is a big no-no when it comes to postage.

As for the stain removal, The appearance of the boxes still look as great in my opinion. Very happy with my purchase.

To me the coins and the after sales service is way more important than the box itself. ;)

Extremely satisfied with the way how things turned out. :)