ebay scam

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by ragdolltwoone, May 14, 2012.

1. ragdolltwoone

ragdolltwoone New Member

I just got my paypal money back from this guy http://myworld.ebay.com.au/justinsbuynsell

I was very tempted into buying those krugs but straight away i knew there was something very fishy about this bloke.

I did not believe for a second this was a real auction soon as i saw those buy it now krugs.

It took paypal over a month to send my money back. The bloke probably already done a runner and paypal has just lost thousands.

On well onto the next adventure in life.

2. ShadowPeo

ShadowPeo Member Silver Stacker

Glad to hear you got your money back,

I had a simular experience with an online store many years ago, professional looking store did a reasonable due dilligance on it and made a purchase, needless to say nothing happened, contacted paypal they said basically that I was owed money, and when he had some in his account I would recieve my refund (which was not going to happen as he had already done a runner).

In the end I called VISA and basically they told me as PayPal was the one who debited my card (even though it was on the behalf of someone else) they were the ones who had to ensure that I got my item as paid for, I did not receive the item therefore they did a chargeback on the car, Paypal were not happy but I got my cash back. to this day I only use the VISA over paypal as that way I should always have an out

3. SilverScimitar

SilverScimitar New Member

What an ordeal, glad you got your money back though.

4. pro$pector

pro$pector New Member

Wow - I saw the $200's he had for sale and was totally going to try and buy a couple but then decided against!

My luck's going to run out one day! :D